PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Random Druid Nerf

Howler Dagger
2011-09-14, 04:32 PM
So, i had an idea for a druid nerf:
Wildshape lasts 1 round/level. All spells cast by you or an ally with a duration other than instantaeous that are effecting you end when you enter the alternate form, and when you turn from your alternate form to your normal form.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-14, 04:49 PM
Druid's are still tier 1, nerfing Wildshape won't change that.

Dryad
2011-09-14, 05:12 PM
What Ruby said is true.
This just has ruins the Wild Shape ability entirely, though, and I'm pretty sure it can't be your goal to fully ruin a class ability while keeping the class itself at roughly the same level of power.
Might as well remove Wild Shape altogether.

That brings us to a far more interesting option: Druids have to choose between Wild Shape or Animal Companion, but can't take both. That's my favourite option so far. :)
That still doesn't change the fact that Druids are a t1 class, but it does limit their power somewhat in melee.

Yitzi
2011-09-14, 05:44 PM
My current idea is: Limit Wildshape to forms with HD up to half the druid's level, and no Huge forms. Druid level for any medium or larger animal companions is reduced by 3, and on top of that advanced companion types go every 4 levels rather than every 3 (completely removing the top 2 tiers). Remove some of the more powerful non-core buffs (and, of course, fix Shapechange.)