PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play (and vote on): A TF2 RPG made in Garry's Mod

Maxios
2011-09-14, 05:52 PM
Basically, this is really a Garry's Mod LP on various TF2 maps I've messed aroud on by spawning ragdolls and props. The "setting" of the LP is a TF2 RPG similar to the one once theorized about in the Steam thread. You, the users of GITP, vote upon the actions of the PC.
The first part of this very, very, odd LP is...voting on the class and the origin of the PC will be! The voting will end tomorrow. The classes and origins for the classes are:

Engineer: The Engineer is a true master of technology. He has the ability to place Sentry Guns and Dispensers, a useful ability because he isn't as combat-ready as some of the other classes.
Origin (Scientist): In this Origin, the Engineer was a scientist from Texas who invented numerous weapons and gadgets (including a cyborg hand and a cloaking device).
Origin (Mad Scientist): In this Origin, the Engineer in a mad scientist from Transylvania. After a failed lab accident unleashed a zombie horde upon the town surrounding the castle he lived in, he was forced to flee from a horde of angry villagers.

Spy: The Spy is a denizen of darkness, a barrage of backstabs, and a class of cloaking. He can cloak, can disguise himself, and can backstab foes for an instant critical hit. He is the weakest of the classes, but if played right he can be the deadliest.
Origin (CIA): In this Origin, the Spy came from New York City and worked as a detective before joining the CIA. There, he became a master of stealth.
Origin (Ninja): In this Origin, the Spy's abilities came from being trained by a master ninja named...Master Ninja. He is also French in this origin.
Origin (Merc): In this Origin, the Spy was an ex-secret agent for France who became a mercenary for hire.

Heavy: The Heavy is a bear of a man, and is the campaign's "tank". He's calpable of soaking up damage and dishing it right back out. If you want to be able to charge into a horde of enemy soldiers, punch them out, then eat a sandvich on top of their bodies, this is the class for you.
Origin (Boxer): In this Origin, the Heavy was once a famous American boxer.
Origin (Gun for Hire): In this Origin, the Heavy was once a Russian mercenary, toppling dictatorships and other forces (good and evil alike) across Earth.
Origin (Enforcer): In this Origin, the Heavy was once a Russian enforcer for a mafia orginization.

Demoman: The Demoman has the ability to place down explosives and various traps to blow up enemy forces. If you want to be able to surprise-attack large numbers of foe at once, this is the class. He's also adept at melee.
Origin (Merc): In this origin, the Demoman was a scottish gun for hire with an uncanny ability to blow stuff up.
Origin (Immortal): In this origin, the Demoman is an immortal knight. Some hundred years ago, he first discovered TNT and quickly became the alcoholic demoman he is today.

Soldier: The Soldier, while not as powerful as the fearsome Heavy, is still a fearsome foe. Adept with a rocket launcher, he is calpable of blowing up hordes of foes.
Origin (Ex-soldier): In this origin, the Soldier is an ex-american soldier, booted out of the military for his...quirks.
Origin (Prisoner): In this origin, the Soldier was arrested for jaywalking and was sent to jail for life (this wasn't his first count of jaywalking :smalltongue:). He was busted out by The Administrator and trained in the art of blowing stuff up.

psilontech
2011-09-14, 08:18 PM
Just curious, but are you limiting the classes available and dropping the possibility of votes for Pyro, Scout, Sniper, and Medic?

Maxios
2011-09-14, 10:50 PM
Just curious, but are you limiting the classes available and dropping the possibility of votes for Pyro, Scout, Sniper, and Medic?

The Pyro can't be voted on because later on, players will gain the chance to turn themselves into a cyborg (as in, the Pyro).
The Medic can't be voted on because the Medic is horrible at combat, and later on, players will be able to hire one to follow them around.
The Sniper can't be voted on because the majority of the Snipers weapons have a focus on long-range combat, a fact that will make the LP tougher.
The Scout can't be voted on because he can hired to follow the PC around.

Also, since I can vote (being the creator and all :smalltongue:):
Class: Spy
Origin: CIA

Maxios
2011-09-15, 02:40 PM
Due to the lack of votes, voting will be open for a few more hours.

Domochevsky
2011-09-15, 06:16 PM
Hm... doesn't sound much like a interactive thing. Instead it seems you got it all planned out and just need a alibi to make it appear like a LP. :smallconfused:

Maxios
2011-09-15, 07:07 PM
Hm... doesn't sound much like a interactive thing. Instead it seems you got it all planned out and just need a alibi to make it appear like a LP. :smallconfused:

It's going to be more of a Let's Play where the users vote on what the PC says, and what major decisions he makes.

Cyborg Mage
2011-09-16, 02:01 PM
Demoman
Immortal

Sorry. I'm a Spy person too, but really, the idea of following this guy around is just too much fun to pass up.

"There can only be ONE! ... Eye."

Maxios
2011-09-16, 03:03 PM
The Votes:
Spy 1
Origin (CIA) 1

Demoman 2
Origin (Immortal) 2

Mando Knight
2011-09-16, 03:15 PM
Let's have the Eyelander Demo.

Demo (Immortal)

Maxios
2011-09-16, 04:52 PM
Part One: In which we encounter the fearsome main menu, a SCIENCE-y loading screen, an ancient castle, a wise king, and the king's trusted advisor
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/Partone.png
Dialouge Options:
You have failed me for the final time (Evil)
There's no time to waste then! We must hold our ground! (Good)
Sir Healsalot, it seems you have an arrow in your rear
Quickly then, we have to fight off the invaders!

Once a dialouge option gets three votes, it will be the one spoken by the Demo.

Surrealistik
2011-09-16, 05:06 PM
You have failed me for the last time.

Maxios
2011-09-16, 05:10 PM
Vote total
(A friend of mine who saw Part One cast in his vote)
Option 1: Two votes

Nerocite
2011-09-16, 08:23 PM
Sir Healsalot, it seems you have an arrow in your rear.

Too funny to pass up.

Cyborg Mage
2011-09-17, 01:52 AM

Because everyone knows you don't stab your own medic.

Maxios
2011-09-17, 11:20 AM
Ooh! A tie! One more vote and it will decide the fate of Sir Healsalot!

Grif
2011-09-17, 11:25 AM

Because everyone knows you don't stab your own medic.

One more vote for this.

Maxios
2011-09-17, 11:27 AM
It's official. Sir Healsalot, it seems you have an arrow in your rear has been selected.

On another note, I now have to delete three screens I made yesterday in the assumption that Option 1 would be selected :smalltongue: