PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting a Weapon.

NekoJoker
2011-09-14, 07:09 PM
I'm looking for a weapon that can fit the folowing specifications (Won't be easy, but I trust in the Playgrounds knowledge) for a 10th level game taking place this weekend:

1- Must have reach.
2- Must somehow be able to be used on foes adjacent to you
3- Able to make trip attempts with
4- Being a "monk weapon" would be nice, so I can flurry of blows with it.

Now, I happen to know that 1 to 3 can be answered with "spiked chain" and 4th could be the Kusari-gama from Oriental Adventures... but i want to keep on looking, if any of you guys know about a weapon like this please let me know.

faceroll
2011-09-14, 07:15 PM
Spike Chain takes care of 1 through 3. +1 Aptitude Spiked Chain with a feat that lets you treat longswords or polearms as monk weapons will let you flurry with the spiked chain.

You can trip with any weapon if you take the Knockdown feat (you can find it on the SRD, it's also in Sword & Fist). Any time you do over 10 points of damage with an attack, you get a free trip attempt. Technically this also gets you a cleave attempt (if you have cleave) and an additional attack with improved trip.

JonRG
2011-09-14, 07:25 PM
Short Haft (PHBII) would let your reach weapon switch to threatening adjacent squares. It would lose reach in that state though. That covers 1-3.

archon_huskie
2011-09-14, 07:56 PM
The thing about flurry of blows, you can use different weapons in one use.

If you have 3 attacks with a flurry of blows, you can strike once with a quarterstaff (one handed), trip with kama, and finally a kick.

So the correct answer is (D all of the above.)