PDA

View Full Version : Soulknife/Master thrower

~Nye~
2011-09-14, 07:33 PM
Hi guys,
I've made a soulknife which is focusing on throwing and DW wind and fire wheels. Our DM has fixed certain things, so I can throw like a normal person before lvl 17. I have access to the Lurk power list and my weapon can be melee or ranged. Stats are 19-20x2 1d6 slashing in melee and x4 crit if thrown. My DM knows that soulknives get crit enhancements so It seems balanced at the moment, if anything a little overpowered as last session I was capable of dealing upto 50 points of damage each round.
I'm asking for potential PrC options(Aside the Atavist and Soulbow.) and feats that continue my mindblade progression, as the only one I have found gives only a meagre 2 levels of progression when multiclassing. I'm taking master thrower to make me a little more resourceful and giving me evasion, obviously I'm going to lose Power progression. Also I manifest with Wis so would it be worth considering going Zen Archery? Or should I spend my feats alot more resourcefully.

Psyren
2011-09-14, 09:07 PM
If you're getting Lurk powers I'd honestly stay in the base class, no PrC is going to beat that. Especially if your DM is using the "either/or" rule from Pathfinder (i.e. a "+1 manifester class" PrC only progresses your powers or your blade, not both.)

And for future reference, if you want a less homebrew option, the PF Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) can throw full iteratives at level 2 - you just need the Mind Daggers bladeskill, which lets you form blades as many times as you want (even in the middle of a full attack) and even switch back to your regular blades when you're done. You only need Multiple Throw to toss bigger shapes than the daggers, and even then you get that 3 levels earlier than the WotC Soulknife. Powers still beat that, but it's less work on your DM cribbing something together to make the class playable.

~Nye~
2011-09-15, 01:44 PM
Cheers man, nice avatar btw :) Grell ftw.
Also, I was considering using tactical weapon styke feats that are featured in the complete warrior. Since I could potentially change weapons at will i can switch between weapon styles to deliver 'devistating' effects... If only they were particularly good or well created.

Psyren
2011-09-15, 05:23 PM
Cheers man, nice avatar btw :) Grell ftw.

Drell actually :smalltongue: Grell are those impish things from WoW, those squid things from Secret of Mana or that red-haired guy from Black Butler depending on your frame of reference.

But thank you.

Also, I was considering using tactical weapon styke feats that are featured in the complete warrior. Since I could potentially change weapons at will i can switch between weapon styles to deliver 'devistating' effects... If only they were particularly good or well created.

They're not, so you're better off either enhancing your psionics (Expanded Knowledge, Metapsionics, Psionic Meditation, Psicrystal Containment etc.) or grabbing archery/ranged feats to help your throwing, imo.