PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a list of feats to get new and interesting Druid Animal Companions

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-15, 12:51 AM
Just as the title implies. I have come to the super knowledge of these mystical forums for a list and perhaps some insight into the feats or class abilities that will grant a Druid new/stronger/more interesting animal companions.

The character in question will be a Bronze Half-Dragon who is heavily viking influenced and desires a harmony between nature/humankind/and Dragons... plus she really wants to have a bad@ss pet to fight with.

I beseech your knowledge, let the enlightening begin! :smallsmile:

Darthteej
2011-09-15, 01:47 AM
Just as the title implies. I have come to the super knowledge of these mystical forums for a list and perhaps some insight into the feats or class abilities that will grant a Druid new/stronger/more interesting animal companions.

The character in question will be a Bronze Half-Dragon who is heavily viking influenced and desires a harmony between nature/humankind/and Dragons... plus she really wants to have a bad@ss pet to fight with.

I beseech your knowledge, let the enlightening begin! :smallsmile:

Leadership is the best thing to do for getting intersting companions, since you can get pretty much anything as a cohort.

Honestly, I'd look for stuff to wildshape into. There are tons of ways to transform yourself into fun stuff.

ZombiePunch
2011-09-15, 02:09 PM
Exalted Companion - Book of Exalted Deeds
Monstrous Animal Companion - Dragon Magazine 326
Vermin Companion - Eberron Campaign Setting
Natural Bond - Complete Adventurer

Beastmaster Prestige Class - Complete Adventurer

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-15, 09:06 PM
Sweet! Thanks!!

@ZombiePunch- I dont have access to the Dragon Magazines do you happen to have a copy of the actual feat I could steal?:smallwink:

@Darthteej- She may take leadership but I am unsure if the DM will allow it... we have had some problems with silly leadership shenanagens in the past... did I spell that right?:smallsmile:

TehLivingDeath
2011-09-15, 09:22 PM
Exalted Companion is often overlooked but it's a pretty good feat. It turns your animal companion into a magical beast (hit die increase and better BAB), gives it the celestial template goodies and the best thing about it is that your companion is still affected by spells that target animals (Animal Growth, Nature's Avatar, etc). The only downside is an effective -1 to your Druid level.

edit: forgot to say, it also gives your companion an Int score of 3, so forget about having to teach tricks.

ZombiePunch
2011-09-16, 02:31 PM
Prerequisite for Monstrous Companion are Savage Empathy and ability to gain an animal companion

1st level
celestial owl
darkmantle
fiendish raven
giant fire beetle
stirge
4th level or higher(level -3)
grick
krenshar
pseudodragon
shocker lizard
worg
7th level or higher(level-6)
displacer beast
griffon
owlbear
pegasus
seacat
10th level or higher(level -9)
arrowhawk, juvenile
hell hound
manticore
shadow mastiff
tojanida, adult
13th level or higher(level -12)
digester
dragonne
girallon
wyvern
xorn, average
16th level or higher(level -15)
arrowhawk, elder
behir
gray render
hydra, eight-headed
roc

*Edit: this also might help
Index of Creatures (chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Creatures.pdf)

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-19, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the delay reply, life never sleeps!

Thank you guys sooo much for your help!! I am pretty excited to try these options!
@ZombiePunch- Super thanks for the feat post! If I can get my DM to allow it I think that is the coolest!
Once again these boards show just how awesome and helpful you all are!:smallsmile: