PDA

View Full Version : SR4 Technomancers, Drones and Sprites

Earthwalker
2011-09-15, 05:04 AM
I am just checking I have this right.

You can exist in multiple nodes within the matrix at the same time, effectly having each node you are in appear as a window in your field of vision. A basic drone counts as a wierless node, I think. I can subscribe 2 combat drones, a spotter blimp drone and the team van to my PAN.

I then split my attention to each drone and summon a machine sprite with the right autosofts, rating 6 for the combat drones and something easier to summon for the van and the spotter. I exist in each drone so I can have each sprite in a drone.

Then I can happily run support for the team from the comfort of the van, maybe grabbing another sprite to protect the network.
Is all this possible and correct ?

Seerow
2011-09-15, 12:14 PM
All sounds right to me.

hiryuu
2011-09-15, 11:11 PM
I am just checking I have this right.

You can exist in multiple nodes within the matrix at the same time, effectly having each node you are in appear as a window in your field of vision. A basic drone counts as a wierless node, I think. I can subscribe 2 combat drones, a spotter blimp drone and the team van to my PAN.

I then split my attention to each drone and summon a machine sprite with the right autosofts, rating 6 for the combat drones and something easier to summon for the van and the spotter. I exist in each drone so I can have each sprite in a drone.

Then I can happily run support for the team from the comfort of the van, maybe grabbing another sprite to protect the network.
Is all this possible and correct ?

Yes.

Technomancers are the best riggers in the whole game.

Earthwalker
2011-09-16, 03:35 AM
Thank you for the replies. Scanning the book again I have noticed I can only have on unregistered sprite at once. So I would have to register sprites to do this with multiple drones.

Trekkin
2011-09-18, 08:15 PM
Which version of the Matrix rules are you using? Core, or Unwired?

Earthwalker
2011-09-19, 05:46 AM
We are using and have both, so I would say unwired.
Unwired just adds to core and not replaces it ?

Trekkin
2011-09-19, 12:04 PM
We are using and have both, so I would say unwired.
Unwired just adds to core and not replaces it ?

In theory, yes, but there are enough conflicts that it's easier just to chuck all of Core not explicitly referenced by Unwired.