PDA

View Full Version : Wand of rhino's rush

dhusarra
2011-09-15, 04:18 PM
the activation of the wand of rhino's rush is swift action?cause the spell in the spell compendium says that.

Seth62
2011-09-15, 04:20 PM
According to the PGB it is a standard action to activate a wand

Zherog
2011-09-15, 04:21 PM
Spell trigger items require at least a standard action.

Activation: Wands use the spell trigger activation method, so casting a spell from a wand is usually a standard action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. (If the spell being cast, however, has a longer casting time than 1 action, it takes that long to cast the spell from a wand.) To activate a wand, a character must hold it in hand (or whatever passes for a hand, for nonhumanoid creatures) and point it in the general direction of the target or area. A wand may be used while grappling or while swallowed whole.

Keld Denar
2011-09-15, 04:22 PM
Rules Compendium amended this. Spell Trigger items are now the exact same as the spell they contain.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-15, 04:25 PM
There's a clarification in the Rules Compendium, page 85:

Activating a spell trigger item takes the same
amount of time as the casting time of the spell
that the item stores, but activating the item
doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.
Therefore, a Wand of Identify still takes an hour to activate, and a Wand of Wings of Cover can be activated as an immediate action provided you're already holding it.

faceroll
2011-09-15, 04:25 PM
the activation of the wand of rhino's rush is swift action?cause the spell in the spell compendium says that.

According to the Rules Compendium, items have the same activation time as the spells they're casting.

Make sure you get that wand put in a wand chamber.

dhusarra
2011-09-15, 04:26 PM
yes i did that :)

Seth62
2011-09-15, 04:31 PM
excuse me then I did not realize this. I like this ruleing :smallsmile: I am glad I commented on this post