PDA

View Full Version : Need a name of a rebellious group

kkortekaas
2011-09-15, 07:20 PM
I've got an antagonist who's a noble, who is leading a fellowship of like minded nobles/clergy/weathy merchants against the government.

He's basically condemning the government for the rise in thieves guild activities, the invasion of foreign merchants and the general civic in-action, but I'm hoping to get either Stone oriented name or a Red Dragon oriented name for his group (both are for plot reasons)

if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

kkortekaas
2011-09-15, 07:22 PM
also, if anyone has map of either a merchants compound, or a nobles manse, that'd be helpful.

Ason
2011-09-16, 12:53 AM
I've got an antagonist who's a noble...

He's basically condemning the government for the rise in thieves guild activities, the invasion of foreign merchants

With a description like that, I think the "Camonna Tong" would be a great name. :smalltongue:

In seriousness though, "The Cornerstone" or "Red Dawn" could work, depending on the nature of the group. Is it supposed to be a secret society kind of rebellion, or is it more openly known that they're against the government? Because if it's a subtle plot, then a more innocent-sounding name seems preferable, as it will appear innocuous and can be used to lure in unsuspecting potential recruits (ex. "Stonemasons" or "The Society for Restoring [insert kingdom name]"). However, if it's a full-on revolution, then a bolder, evocative name might be best (ex. "House of the Red Dragon" or "Granite Temple Rebellion"). With the kind of patrons backing this movement, it sounds like a violent, fantasy version of the Rotary Club, which is why I wanted to ask about the openness of its defiance.

Black_Zawisza
2011-09-16, 05:59 AM
I'm stealing from a Star Trek game here, but as a name reflecting a criminally negligent monarch, I like The Empty Crown.

kkortekaas
2011-09-16, 06:50 AM
"The Cornerstones" will work I think. Thanks guys.