PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Class Spec Questions

Maeglen
2011-09-16, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone!
There were few things that I wanted to ask about pathfinder classes & feats and if anyone could throw their cents in, I'd greatly appreciate it.

***Books allowed: Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide, most of 3.5e books(as for these, I will have to ask the DM if he would allow the things that I need)***

Section 1: General Information

First of all,
Upon obtaining new books and such, our DM is allowing everyone to 'reset' their characters (in regard to keeping our base rolled stats and what not)

Our group consists of...
Me (archer of some sort)
Human Fighter Tank
Dwarf 'Sneak Attack Fighter'
Human Barbarian 2-Handed (He's looking to switch to a caster)

Section 2: My information
-Race: Ancient Elf(+2 dex, +2 int, -2 con => +4 dex, +4 int, 0 con)(I forgot the name.. depending on the d100, we were given ancient race, special class, heirloom items, magic items, extra money, nothing (I rolled a 96 (95~100 = ancient race))

-Stats:
Str: 16
Dex: 22(18 base, + 2 elf, +2 ancient elf)
Con: 11(11 base, -2 elf, +2 ancient elf)
Int: 18(14 base, +2 elf, +2 ancient elf)
Wis: 16
Cha: 10

I am level 3 and we are allowed to mix classes in any which way that it would make sense.

I am currently wielding +1 Composite Longbow (3 Str) and a Greatsword

Section 3: Goals
My goal becoming an arcane archer and eventually launch out leagues of elemental/alignment arrows.

Skills that I want for "Trained" bonus(Pathfinder +3)
Acrobatics, KN: Nature, Perception, Stealth, Survival

Feats: point blank shot, precise shot, Improved initiative (single initiative roll for the whole combat), point blank master(weapon specialization(longbow)), elf feat line(light step)

**if anyone can fully explain how the rapid shot and manyshot works, i'd greatly appreciate it (some said that I would be able to shoot insane amount of arrows, and others have said that manyshot and rapid shot doesn't stack + it only works with the first shot = me confused)

Currently I am trying to ask the DM if t(Fighter 8 , Barbarian 1, Witch 1, Arcane Archer 10)

Fighter/Rogue/Ranger + Wizard/Sorcerer/Witch + Arcane Archer
(+ suggestions of better classes)

Which classes would be the best?
What feats would go well together?
How in the world would I RP as it?

Many thanks in advance!

Larpus
2011-09-16, 02:01 PM
Well, unless you're crazy about the bonus feats, Fighter isn't that great of an option (Barbarian is better IMHO), but either way, one of the best ways to qualify for Arcane Archer is by going with a half-caster, so you have overall decent stats and your spellcasting doesn't suffer at all.

In another thread (and after giving it some careful thinking), the best option is probably the Magus, the class has a thing called arcane pool which can be used to enhance the Magus' weapon or to regain used spell slots (to the point that a Magus can come close to a full caster in spells/day), he can cast in light, medium and eventually heavy armor, his spell list has many, many, many great Wizard spells and, since he's learned, he can potentially learn every single spell in his list.

To show some numbers, the standard Fighter 6/caster 1 qualifies for Arcane Archer at level 8 with +6 BAB, a single spellcasting level, CL 1 (really lame at lvl8) and a bunch of pointless feats since archery doesn't even have that many feats, let alone that many good feats.

Meanwhile, the Magus qualifies at level 9, but also has +6 BAB, 8 half-spellcasting levels (or the same as 6 full-casting levels), CL 8 and a bunch of Magus Arcana, many of which are much better than any feat.