PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder/3.5] Two Weapon Fighting Feat help

motionmatrix
2011-09-16, 02:28 PM
I am making a human fighter who specializes on Twin Hooks (see below).

I cannot decide whether I want to do weapon finesse with high Dex (maybe splash Rogue at some point) or just stick to High Str and probably the power attack line

The twin hooks:
Exotic One Handed Weapons (x2)
1d8 damage
19-20/x2 critical
Proficiency: Treat as light weapons when beneficial. Can apply Weapon Finesse.
Penalties for dual wielding is reduced by 2 as long as they are wielded together.
Can be linked (a free action) to gain reach, albeit at a -4 penalty to all attacks for the turn and lose any extra attacks from having a second weapon in hand.
+2 CMB bonus on trip and disarm attempts.

Any feat ideas would be welcome.
While we are not really using the 3.5 books, I can always as my DM if we can get away with something in particular.

Thanks for your help!

Fenryr
2011-09-16, 02:50 PM
You're a Fighter. If you want Improved TWF and the rest, I would recommend going Weapon Finesse for the Dex requirements. You can still use Power Attack, no penalty because they're light weapons.

Get the trip and disarm feats.

Tome of Battle if you can.

KnightDisciple
2011-09-16, 02:53 PM
Double Slice: Now get regular Str bonus instead of 1/2 on your off hand.
Two-Weapon Rend: Extra 1d10 plust Str 1.5.

TW Defense: Shield bonus ahoy.

That's all I've got offhand that's specific to TWF.

motionmatrix
2011-09-22, 02:05 PM
I am going with the Weapon Finesse, since I will have to splash rogue, no one else in the group is doing the trap finding at the moment.

Double slice is pretty much a must.

Not sure about Two weapon defense. I think a wand of shield in the hands of the group sorcerer is a better deal, at least for the first half of the game.

Fenryr
2011-09-22, 02:16 PM
If all feats of 3.5 are available, I suggest Improved Buckler Defense. You may use a Buckler in the Off Hand and retain the AC bonus. The only problem will be a -1 in attack bonus, but I think it's worth it. And the Buckler can be enchanced with +1 or some useful properties.

herrhauptmann
2011-09-22, 02:32 PM
Doublehit from mini handbook.
I'm away from my books for the moment, but if memory serves, whenever you would get an AOO, you get to swing with both weapons at the cost of just one of your AOOs.

At later levels, if you're not going rogue for massive sneak attacks, I'd suggest finding ways to put debuffs on your weapons. Sudden Stunning, Wounding, etc. (I've got a list of useful ones with book/price listed too. Just say if you want me to dredge it up.)

Are these a published weapon? Or something your group made up? Because they sound pretty neat.

Krazzman
2011-09-22, 02:46 PM
Uff, I really dislike to toss you into another direction but...you should consider going straight rogue.

Additionally ask your DM to refluff the Dervish Dance feat.

For Feats, if applicable: Exotic Weapon Prof: Twin Hooks, Weapon Finesse, Dancing Dervish, then go Trip-Line and probably the feat for dex instead of Strenght on CMB

Have a nice Day,
Krazzman

motionmatrix
2011-09-23, 08:34 PM
*The buckler may work occasionally, but at the moment it seems that hitting is more important than defense, I actually have pretty good ac.

*Dm asked to stay away from 3.5 books as much as possible, since we have new players and he doesn't want to put giant guns to deal with my Min/maxing.

*The weapons were a write up we concluded after finding a few write ups online, also including the base we used from Oriental Adventures, IIRC.

*Fighter is a must, only other melee is a barbarian.

The campaign already started, but the dm is letting me play with my feats since i dumbly wrote out a 3.5 progression (every 3 levels) instead of pathfinder (every 2).

So I am stuck as a fighter 5 as of this writing. this is not horrible, since I got Weapon Specialization, which has helped my dpt tremendously.

*Rogue is not so much for the damage bump, which is not horrible considering I flank constantly with a glaive wielding barbarian, but to fill in the trap finding requirements. Our sorcerer keeps blowing his face off opening chests and doors (don't ask >.<).

*I really love the concept of Double hit, but would need to grab Combat Reflexes for the AoOs.

*If you have a chance to drop that enchant list (semitangent: I am considering poisons as a posibility, in pathfinder they are really nasty since each dose adds a cummulative +2 the DC of the poison), especially anything from a pathfinder book, even if it is from campaign specific books, I would really appreciate it. But don't rush, only level 5, so won't need them right away.

Thanks for all the responses ^.^

Greenish
2011-09-23, 08:41 PM
Are these a published weapon? Or something your group made up? Because they sound pretty neat.Hook swords, and a feat to link a pair of them to make a reach weapon, are printed in Secrets of Sarlona.

[Edit]: Just for clarity, they aren't the ones OP is using.

Cieyrin
2011-09-24, 09:13 AM
Hook swords, and a feat to link a pair of them to make a reach weapon, are printed in Secrets of Sarlona.

[Edit]: Just for clarity, they aren't the ones OP is using.

Flying Tiger has a lot of prereqs to it, as a Weapon Style, so it's not like Eagle Claw and Eagle's Fury.