PDA

View Full Version : Please help playground i really need help

PrimeraEspada09
2011-09-16, 09:32 PM
Hey playground,
I've joined a new campaign and we are already level 20, my previous character died and my party mates consist of a Cleric/Radiant Servant, a War Weaver, a Rogue something lol, and an Artificer. so i figured i would play a meatshield that can also deal lots of melee damage.

my original idea was Barbarian 2, Fighter 8 and Runescarred Berserker 10 but idk if it would be a good idea though. i would like some cool build ideas and feats/equipment you all think would be cool and feedback on my build option, i dont have feats or anything else chosen yet :(

thanks ya'll

Trodon
2011-09-16, 09:33 PM
Warblade 20, Tome of Battle.

PrimeraEspada09
2011-09-16, 09:33 PM
i forgot to say that all books are open except for UA

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-16, 09:36 PM
Warblade 20, Tome of Battle. :smalltongue:

Totemist 20, Magic of Incarnum.

Crusader 20, Tome of Battle.

Why no UA?

Acanous
2011-09-16, 09:39 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105525) is everything you need. Ever. Really.

I'd personally suggest Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 4/Fighter2/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Deepwarden 2/Fist of the Forests 2.

Your AC will be phenominal. Your Fortitude will be unbreakable. You get divine spellcasting. CON to AC both as Armor and DEX bonus.

PrimeraEspada09
2011-09-16, 09:40 PM
he says UA is broken and no one should be able to use it.........so yeah.........it sucks

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-16, 10:03 PM
he says UA is broken and no one should be able to use it.........so yeah.........it sucks

Perfect! Now get the war weaver to use the best battlefield control, buffs, and debuffs known to mankind (basically a GOD wizard with more buffs, just look up the guide to GOD wizard to find the best spells for him) plus some scrying and other utility, the cleric/radiant servant to get utility, scrying, and battlefield control, then the artificer blasts everything with wands and the rogue UMD's another wand while you, as a totemist, bind the Behir Gorget to your throat, Frost Helm to your crown, and Manticore Belt to your totem, then blast away with ranged attacks (Frost Helm doesn't even have a specified range!).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-16, 10:24 PM
Human Cleric 1/ Druid 19, Undeath and Planning domains, get Persistent Spell, DMM: Persistent, Natural Bond, Natural Spell, Companion Spellbond, Multiattack, Power Attack, and Practiced Spellcaster: Cleric. Prioritize Wis > Con > Cha.

Items should be a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp, a standard Strand of Prayer Beads preferably with the Bead of Smiting removed, a Circlet of Rapid Casting with +6 Wisdom and a Wilding Clasp, two Metamagic Rods of Extend, a 6th level Pearl of Power, two Lesser Metamagic Rods of Extend, a Metamagic Rod of Empower, a Necklace of Adaptation with a Wilding Clasp, Armbands of Might with a Wilding Clasp, and ten Night Sticks. I have no idea what all of that will cost, but I estimate that you should still have plenty of funds left. Check this list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851) to spend the rest.

Activate the Bead of Karma on your Strand of Prayer Beads before buffing yourself each day.

Alternate between preparing Energy Immunity twice every other day, and preparing Energy Immunity once and Superior Resistance once every other day. On the days that you have Energy Immunity prepared twice, cast it three times with the Pearl of Power, using one of the Rods of Extend to make each last 48 hours. On the other days, cast Energy Immunity twice with the Pearl of Power and Superior Resistance once, again using that Rod of Extend so each lasts 48 hours. You're now continually immune to all five energy types, and you get a +6 Resistance bonus to all of your saving throws.

Use the other Rod of Extend to cast Greater Luminous Armor, and save the other two charges for other spells you cast throughout the day. Use the Lesser Rod of Extend to cast Longstrider and Delay Poison, and Snowsight. Keep a few Obscuring Snow spells prepared to throw out when needed.

Use DMM: Persistent with Bite of the Weretiger, Superior Magic Fang, Divine Favor, Stormrage, Sirine's Grace, and Vigorous Circle or Mass Lesser Vigor.

You should have a Fleshraker dinosaur animal companion, which you use Share Spells to share all of your buffs with. It should have Power Attack, Leap Attack, Ability Focus: Poison, Virulent Poison, and the Mage Slayer line of feats, and wear Armbands of Might. The buffs you use will make it more dangerous than anyone else in the party.

Wild Shape into a Dire Polar Bear. That flies, and shoots lightning bolts at will, clad in shining armor of righteous light. You'll be immune to all five energy types, get +6 to all saving throws, you'll have a Deflection bonus to AC equal to your Cha bonus (with a +4 Enhancement to Cha), you'll get a Monk AC bonus (Wis bonus plus one to AC), your physical stats will be Str 51, Dex 15, Con 29, with +16 natural armor. You'll have a +8 Armor bonus to AC, opponents who aren't already blind who attack you in melee will take a -4 penalty to hit you, and you'll produce a Daylight effect wherever you go. You can use the Circlet of Rapid Casting to cast Obscuring Snow as a Swift Action, which automatically blocks vision unless a creature has Snowsight active. You can also use the Circlet to cast (Rod of Extended) Produce Flame, which will add fire damage to all of your natural weapon attacks.

With the Monk's Belt you'll be able to make Unarmed Strikes with iterative attacks, and then secondary natural weapon attacks at only -2 due to Multiattack. With a +14 BAB, +20 for Str, +3 for Divine Favor, and +5 for Superior Magic Fang, but -2 for Huge size, and you should always take -2 for Power Attack, so your attack routine with Produce Flame active should look as follows:
Unarmed Strike +38/+33/+28, 3d6+32 plus 1d6+5 fire
2 Claws +36, 2d6+22 plus 1d6+5 fire
Bite +36, 3d8+22 plus 1d6+5 fire

Get some Unguent of Timelessness and cast Rod of Empowered Fire Seeds: Berry Bombs. Put them all together and glue them to the back of your paw, do it a second time for the other hand (get the War Weaver to cast Stick to glue them on). When you deliver a punch speak the command word to detonate the berry bombs on that hand, for some explosive bear-punches.

Yahzi
2011-09-17, 02:49 AM
Druid
That's what I was going to say!

But without all the helpful detail. :smallbiggrin:

Dictum Mortuum
2011-09-17, 02:58 AM
Human Cleric 1/ Druid 19, Undeath and Planning domains, get Persistent Spell, DMM: Persistent, Natural Bond, Natural Spell, Companion Spellbond, Multiattack, Power Attack, and Practiced Spellcaster: Cleric. Prioritize Wis > Con > Cha.

Items should be a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp, a standard Strand of Prayer Beads preferably with the Bead of Smiting removed, a Circlet of Rapid Casting with +6 Wisdom and a Wilding Clasp, two Metamagic Rods of Extend, a 6th level Pearl of Power, two Lesser Metamagic Rods of Extend, a Metamagic Rod of Empower, a Necklace of Adaptation with a Wilding Clasp, Armbands of Might with a Wilding Clasp, and ten Night Sticks. I have no idea what all of that will cost, but I estimate that you should still have plenty of funds left. Check this list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851) to spend the rest.

Activate the Bead of Karma on your Strand of Prayer Beads before buffing yourself each day.

Alternate between preparing Energy Immunity twice every other day, and preparing Energy Immunity once and Superior Resistance once every other day. On the days that you have Energy Immunity prepared twice, cast it three times with the Pearl of Power, using one of the Rods of Extend to make each last 48 hours. On the other days, cast Energy Immunity twice with the Pearl of Power and Superior Resistance once, again using that Rod of Extend so each lasts 48 hours. You're now continually immune to all five energy types, and you get a +6 Resistance bonus to all of your saving throws.

Use the other Rod of Extend to cast Greater Luminous Armor, and save the other two charges for other spells you cast throughout the day. Use the Lesser Rod of Extend to cast Longstrider and Delay Poison, and Snowsight. Keep a few Obscuring Snow spells prepared to throw out when needed.

Use DMM: Persistent with Bite of the Weretiger, Superior Magic Fang, Divine Favor, Stormrage, Sirine's Grace, and Vigorous Circle or Mass Lesser Vigor.

You should have a Fleshraker dinosaur animal companion, which you use Share Spells to share all of your buffs with. It should have Power Attack, Leap Attack, Ability Focus: Poison, Virulent Poison, and the Mage Slayer line of feats, and wear Armbands of Might. The buffs you use will make it more dangerous than anyone else in the party.

Wild Shape into a Dire Polar Bear. That flies, and shoots lightning bolts at will, clad in shining armor of righteous light. You'll be immune to all five energy types, get +6 to all saving throws, you'll have a Deflection bonus to AC equal to your Cha bonus (with a +4 Enhancement to Cha), you'll get a Monk AC bonus (Wis bonus plus one to AC), your physical stats will be Str 51, Dex 15, Con 29, with +16 natural armor. You'll have a +8 Armor bonus to AC, opponents who aren't already blind who attack you in melee will take a -4 penalty to hit you, and you'll produce a Daylight effect wherever you go. You can use the Circlet of Rapid Casting to cast Obscuring Snow as a Swift Action, which automatically blocks vision unless a creature has Snowsight active. You can also use the Circlet to cast (Rod of Extended) Produce Flame, which will add fire damage to all of your natural weapon attacks.

With the Monk's Belt you'll be able to make Unarmed Strikes with iterative attacks, and then secondary natural weapon attacks at only -2 due to Multiattack. With a +14 BAB, +20 for Str, +3 for Divine Favor, and +5 for Superior Magic Fang, but -2 for Huge size, and you should always take -2 for Power Attack, so your attack routine with Produce Flame active should look as follows:
Unarmed Strike +38/+33/+28, 3d6+32 plus 1d6+5 fire
2 Claws +36, 2d6+22 plus 1d6+5 fire
Bite +36, 3d8+22 plus 1d6+5 fire

Get some Unguent of Timelessness and cast Rod of Empowered Fire Seeds: Berry Bombs. Put them all together and glue them to the back of your paw, do it a second time for the other hand (get the War Weaver to cast Stick to glue them on). When you deliver a punch speak the command word to detonate the berry bombs on that hand, for some explosive bear-punches.

Nice. I'd use dragon wild shape and change into a shadow dragon for extra tasty natural armor, movement modes and special abilities (energy drain immunity and shadow blend = awesome).

Plus enhance wild shape for +2 to your physical stats.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-17, 10:59 AM
Nice. I'd use dragon wild shape and change into a shadow dragon for extra tasty natural armor, movement modes and special abilities (energy drain immunity and shadow blend = awesome).

Plus enhance wild shape for +2 to your physical stats.

Isn't Dragon Wild Shape an epic feat?

Godskook
2011-09-17, 11:58 AM

Note that they're probably going epic really, really soon.

Urpriest
2011-09-17, 12:03 PM

Not the one in Draconomicon. It's fairly limited in scope though.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-17, 12:12 PM
But... he wouldn't be a bear! With flaming, explosive fists!

Dictum Mortuum
2011-09-17, 03:48 PM
But... he wouldn't be a bear! With flaming, explosive fists!

:P
How about Warlock 1/Druid 5-6/Eldritch Disciple 10/Druid +X with eldritch disciple reflavored to continue wild shape?

Bear shooting lasers! :D

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-17, 03:50 PM
Not the one in Draconomicon. It's fairly limited in scope though.

I'm checking the one in Draconomicon. It looks like a reprinting from ELH.

Dictum Mortuum
2011-09-17, 03:53 PM
I'm checking the one in Draconomicon. It looks like a reprinting from ELH.

You qualify for that feat in draconomicon at level 12. And it doesn't have the [epic] tag. I don't think it's epic.

//edit: well actually it is 'epic', it just isn't [epic] :P

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-17, 03:55 PM
:P
How about Warlock 1/Druid 5-6/Eldritch Disciple 10/Druid +X with eldritch disciple reflavored to continue wild shape?

Bear shooting lasers! :D

He can already shoot bolts of lightning from his eyes at will! I just don't see any way to improve on what's already there, no loss of aesthetics would be worth any mechanical benefit.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-17, 03:56 PM
You qualify for that feat in draconomicon at level 12. And it doesn't have the [epic] tag. I don't think it's epic.

//edit: well actually it is 'epic', it just isn't [epic] :P

Maybe errata? I don't actually have Draconomicon, I'm checking one online, but it says "sources: Draconomicon, Epic Level Handbook", and it has [wild] and [epic].

dspeyer
2011-09-18, 01:42 AM
For a melee character to keep up with moderately optimized full casters at level 20 is hard. Maneuvers certainly help. So does persisted shapechange.

You can get both with Paladin 4 / Crusader 4 / Divine Crusader (animal) 2 / Ruby Knight Growing Leaf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7759886#post7759886) Vindicator 10 if your DM allows non-Wee Jas RKVs. 19 BAB, 9th level maneuvers, charisma to everything and turn into a Dread Linnorm at will.

Xtomjames
2011-09-18, 06:24 AM
Is this Pathfinder friendly? If so I'd go with a level 20 Dromite Fighter with Construct Arm grafts, carry 4 towershields (by PF rules all shield bonuses stack) and be a freaking tank (quite utterly).

Urpriest
2011-09-18, 08:46 AM
Maybe errata? I don't actually have Draconomicon, I'm checking one online, but it says "sources: Draconomicon, Epic Level Handbook", and it has [wild] and [epic].

Presumably since it has the same name whatever site you're perusing lists it as coming from both sources when in fact it only lists the ELH benefits. The Draconomicon one only allows Small or Medium Dragons, for example.

Geigan
2011-09-18, 12:20 PM
More ideas ala Person_Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127026)'s wonderful guide.