PDA

View Full Version : Necro Wizard

oneky_ks
2011-09-17, 09:55 AM
So i have this idea of a wizard with an undead army of custom skeletons. I am just having a problem coming up with how to customize these skeletons. Please help me create the best multi-arm skeleton wrecking ball. :smalleek:

Urpriest
2011-09-17, 09:59 AM
Corpsecrafter and the feats that come after it in Libris Mortis are great for this sort of character.

Urpriest
2011-09-17, 10:38 AM
tyvm for the feats but I still can not figure out how to create them as a wizard and how to give them more arms so they can go nuts when i need them to

You create them as a wizard the same way you do as a cleric, with Animate Dead.

Just pick corpses with more arms, like Xills or four-armed Sahuagin. Alternately, pick more powerful things like Hydras.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-17, 04:03 PM
Also, a Dragon Zombie to use as a mount.

Calanon
2011-09-17, 04:08 PM
Corpsecrafter chain + Fell Animate + Chain Spell (Or just a AoE spell) chances are you just gained like 3 or 6 slaves... i mean zombies :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2011-09-17, 04:58 PM
As far as things like increasing the HD of an existing undead minion or making a custom creature out of bones or just adding in an extra pair of arms to an ogre, you'd need to delve into homebrew.

If you and the DM want to work out something along those lines, I'd suggest looking at the homunculi from Eberron, the books Magic of Eberron and the Eberron Campaign Setting have most of 'em other than the MM1 basic homunculus and the, I think, clockroach which only counts as a homunculus if a wizard builds it anyway. The Improved Homunculus feat from Magic of Eberron, which gives a template for improving one's existing homunculi with further abilities per HD may be of further interest for inspiration.

Psyren
2011-09-17, 05:56 PM
While we're on the subject on Animate Dead - the Pale Master PrC from Libris Mortis gives you Animate Dead as an SLA once per day, saving you some money on the material component.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-17, 06:13 PM
1. Be Undead yourself, preferably via the Necropolitan template in LM. Say your creator did so in the area of a Desecrate spell with an evil altar present, that he had the entire Corpsecrafter line of feats, and that he had at least eight levels of Dread Necromancer. The ability bonuses of Undead Mastery and Corpsecrafter won't stack, but the HP bonus will.

2. Spellstitch yourself, it has a gold/xp cost rather than a level adjustment cost, include Animate Dead in the spell-like abilities you gain. You may now create skeletons and zombies for free. If you can buy off a level adjustment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm), gain Evolved Undead as many times as you'd be able to buy off.

3. Libris Mortis has Skeleton Variants on page 162 (fiery, nimble, soldier, vicious) and Zombie Variants on page 173 (bloodthirsy, diseased, fast, hunting, unkillable), thus your undead horde could be highly customizable.

4. Awaken Undead in Spell Compendium allows an undead creature to regain its extraordinary special attacks and qualities, ideal choices include skeletons of Arrow Demons (MM3), Cave Trolls (MM3), Hydras (MM), and Razor Boars (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/razorBoar.htm) (MM2, Vorpal Tusks!).

5. The Corpsecrafter line of feats is sort of good, though a few are highly situational. Destruction Retribution is decent for wearing down opponents via expendable minions, plus whenever one dies those around it get healed (and you as well if you're undead). Nimble Bones and Bolster Resistance are probably the best.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-17, 06:39 PM
Another two options

Animate Dread Warrior can create creatures that retain their class levels. I belive its in Shining South. These undead have no cap to their creation so you can have infinite of them under your control. However, the spell has a heavy XP cost. Its a 6th level spell so you can spell stich it though and go to town :smallbiggrin:.

For high level customization you could take Polymorph Any Object to turn a corpse into any other type of corpse permanently. Be wary of dispels though.