PDA

View Full Version : TFTM Ad

martianmister
2011-09-17, 02:07 PM
"Tales From The Menagerie" is broking forum's design and position angle. Can we make it smaller?

Yuki Akuma
2011-09-17, 03:01 PM
That's the size of that ad space. It can't be made smaller.

Eloel
2011-09-17, 03:07 PM
That's the size of that ad space. It can't be made smaller.

Well yes it can, but it's not the ad-giver's thingy, -many- things would have to be adjusted.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-09-18, 12:00 PM
I’m not having any trouble there. It’s the same size as the minimum width of the actual forum in my browser. Nothing wrong unless I shrink my window to the point that the forum itself would instigate Horizontal Scroll of Doom™.

This is what I have:
https://img.skitch.com/20110918-xws2krasdqf18rfyq7x549hi7y.png
Perfectly perfect.

If this is not a case of the problem having been fixed recently, and it is still causing a problem on your end, you could try setting up a site-specific user stylesheet, if you know how.

Something like:

img[alt="(We pay our contributors!)"] { max-width: 700px }
should work. But I haven’t tested it. And that’s assuming that the layout break you describe is entirely a width thing.

The above has been tested in Opera 11.51 for Macintosh Snow Leopard.

The Giant
2011-09-18, 01:44 PM
"Tales From The Menagerie" is broking forum's design and position angle. Can we make it smaller?

I'm not really sure exactly what you mean by the site's "position angle," but no, the ad can't be made smaller. All the ads in the top slot will be exactly the same size.

Also, can we try to keep all comments on the new ads in the existing ad thread? Thank you.