PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 The Black Lord IC

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-17, 03:28 PM
The OOC is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11865889#post11865889)

The ship breaks through the slate grey waves as the unusually cold wind sweeps clouds pas high above you.

Bloody unnatural, this wind. grumbles the captain of your ship We should be sailing through Sun and calm water. Anybody would thing we were 200 miles north of Percian.

How far are we from Percian? inquires one of your comrades in arms, a Wizard of no minor power.

'Bout five hours, should be there late this afternoon. Maybe an hour before sunset.

The wizard bows Thank you Captain. He walks over to where you are standing, huddled against the wind on the port side. This weather worries me... I am no weather worker but this cloak he gestures to a fine silver furred cloak is spelled for warmth, but the cold penetrates it none the less. No natural cold could do that.

RCgothic
2011-09-18, 05:10 AM
Sandra

I draw my hooded cloak tighter around myself against the cold and spray as the captain talks. The wizard's comments don't strike me as surprising; it's clearly an evil wind, dark and malevolent.

I agree with you, master wizard, and it doesn't portend well. I am sorry, but I don't think I caught your name earlier. I am Sandra Silversong, of the Freehold Temple of Pelor.

PersonMan
2011-09-18, 10:21 AM
Perhaps. Nature can be far more spiteful than some realize - I wouldn't be too surprised if this is just a particularly bad northern wind. Setya replies, her own cloak closed against the wind but not doing much good. The hood, in particular, had been blown down by the strong wind so many times that the druidess had simply stopped pulling it back up, resulting in the continual waving of her brown hair behind her head. The look in her green eyes and her posture clearly show her distaste for the weather. Due to the cold weather, Setya's tail was beneath several layers of clothing, rather than swaying in the air behind her like it usually was.

gunnar11
2011-09-18, 03:44 PM
"It's not the weather I have problems with, exactly. It's the stupid sea. There's no animals here, no foliage, no earth; only water, water, and now even water from the Skies."
He then realized he hadn't introduced himself yet, and as the woman named Sandra did, he realized he should've.
"I'm Renn by the way, Renn Riversword."
He looked over the seas, feeling the wind flow through his hair, thinking about the past, and the future.
His profound green eyes were lost, seeking signs of the weather to come, and sunken in thoughts: I'm so close... So close... Just wait, mom, dad....

Forgot Rolls:

Survival to know the weather to come the next few days:
Survival:[roll0]

Imperial Psycho
2011-09-18, 04:21 PM
Balen stands away from the rest, the wind whipping his pale hair across his face. "An ill wind indeed." He stood like a stone, feeling the effects of the cold and wind, but refusing to show it. He did not give his own name, instead eyeing the others suspiciously. Particularly the one who claimed to be of a temple. Balen had never gotten on well with God-lovers.

PersonMan
2011-09-19, 03:40 AM
Not quite, actually. There are quite robust ecosystems in almost all bodies of water. Setya points out. And if we're doing introductions now, well, I'm Setya. The druidess adds after a moment, glancing over to the horizon.

Rolls:
Survival(also for weather prediction): [roll0]
Looks like I predict it for 2 days, and almost 3...perhaps a vague idea?

RCgothic
2011-09-19, 03:14 PM
Sandra

"Nice to meet you Setya, Renn." I surreptitiously cast 'Detect Evil' on my new companions, though I try not to make it obvious. "I believe the weather is a sign of dark forces attempting to hide their deeds from Pelor's face. I look forward to showing them the error of their ways."

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-19, 03:44 PM
Survival Rolls:

Renn
The weather has been hard to read of late, you have seen several contradictory sings. The sunset last night was red, so was the dawn. Your best guess is that the foul weather will continue for at least a day.

Setya
The weather has been hard to read of late, you have seen several contradictory sings. The sunset last night was red, so was the dawn. You think that this spell of bad weather will persist for a few days and then change for the better.

Pardon my rudeness for not introducing myself earlier. Begins the Wizard I am Simon Petrarch, of the House Quaith. My parents on Percian sent me to the Silver City to study the Arcane Arts.

RCgothic
2011-09-21, 03:48 PM
Sandra

"Well met, Master Petrarch." I greet the wizard. A gust of wind penetrates my cloak as though it were not there, and I draw it even tighter against the cold. I decide that though this test of my fortitude is not unendurable, perhaps enduring the elements needlessly is not the best use of my time or energy.

If you would all excuse me, I shall go below to rest and pray before our ordeal to come."

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-21, 08:57 PM
I regret that I cannot join you, I must confess that I am prone to seasickness, especially indoors. My skills lie in flying over water, not sailing on it. Adieu my Lady. Simon bows again. Also I would like to further examine this weather disturbance, i believe it to be Arcane in nature.

gunnar11
2011-09-22, 02:32 AM
Renn

"I'm going to go indoors as well. Although I don't mind this weather much, the view of water and only water annoys me. Or better yet: Do you have a basket up in the mast?" Then he rethinks the dangers, and decides he couldn't sleep there at all
"Nevermind, I'll just go downstairs"

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-25, 10:54 AM
Time passes as you approach Percian. The unnatural cold does not seem to get colder so much as it gets deeper, penetrating further into your flesh and bones. Finally as the sun begins to set, you see 3 tall mountans, the Crown of Perican, come over the horizon towards you.

No more than 10 miles away my lords. We should be there by nightfall.

You continue in silence for nearly 20 minutes and then you hear a soft fleshy thump, then two more.

What was that? Yells the Captain Are we runnin aground? He leans over the side to peer down at the dark water and give a very unmanly shriek as a clawed, webbed hand pulls him overboard.

((Roll Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Initiative.))

RCgothic
2011-09-25, 11:51 AM
Sandra

The first bump breaks me out of my meditations, and after the second two I rush out on deck, but the captain is already being dragged overboard with a lingering shriek! I draw my longsword and prepare for battle!

Initiative: [roll0]

PersonMan
2011-09-25, 12:52 PM
Setya reacts with what is for her average speed, although she is a bit slow to rouse from her thoughts. "Wonderful," She says, "First terrible weather, and now we're being attacked. Just great." The druidess pulls her weapon, a scimitar made of bright green crystal, from its sheath and prepares for battle.

Rolls:
Init: [roll0]
Know(dungeoneering) (untrained): [roll1]

gunnar11
2011-09-25, 03:57 PM
Renn

As he hears the first bump, Renn goes to the deck, to see if they've arrived. The moment he sees the crew, he can't quite place what's wrong, but seeing the captain being pulled overboard he suddenly notices: They're under attack!
He quickly takes out his two swords, ready for fight.

Rolls:

Initiative:[roll0]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Untrained):[roll1]

Imperial Psycho
2011-09-25, 04:52 PM
Balen falls to the ground when the ship shudders, regaining his feet quickly. However, he is momentarily stunned, taking a moment to collect himself before drawing his sword.

Initiative [roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-28, 10:38 PM
((Sorry my bad, should have kept this going better))

Initiative for the Monsters [roll0]

Initiative:

Monsters
Setya
Sandra
Renn
Balen

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-28, 10:50 PM
Four slimy green shapes, thin and skeletal, pull themselves out of water and look towards you. Lipless mouths spread wide and they hiss.

two of them run towards Balen and two towards Renn, they try to flank you.

They craw at Balen and Renn

Attacks on Balen: Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1], Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]

Attacks on Renn: Attack [roll4] Damage [roll5], Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7]

PersonMan
2011-09-29, 01:46 AM
Setya draws her scimitar and sends a surge of druidic energy through her body, letting the energy settle into her skin, thoughening it to far beyond normal human levels.

Actions:
Casting Barksin on myself.

RCgothic
2011-09-29, 01:55 AM
Sandra

I see the hideous slimy monsters attack my companions, and I rush to their aid, attempting to flank the nearest monster.

Attack: [roll0] +2 if I flank = 10, but natural 1, ouch.
Critical Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

gunnar11
2011-09-29, 02:43 AM
Renn managed to keep himself from being hit. While he evaded the first attack, he was too slow to be able to evade the second one, as such, he was hit. Luckily though, his armor seemed to be able to block it, and as such, he withstood the hit. Now it was his turn.

He turned around, and attacked with both swords, trying to hit the first slimy thing in sight.

Attack PH:[roll0]
Attack OH:[roll1]

Damage PH:[roll2]
Damage OH:[roll3]

Additional modifiers: (Didn't know if they were undead)
+2 if they're flanked (on Attack)
+2 if they're undead (on attack: favored enemy)
+2 damage if they're undead (favored enemy)
+1d6 if they're undead (crystal on primaryhand sword, ofcourse, only if it hits)
Rolling the 1d6 (if they're undead): [roll4]

Please tell me before a fight if they're undead, as I don't know the monstrous manual from memory...

P.S. PH=Primary Hand
OH= Off-Hand

Imperial Psycho
2011-09-29, 04:44 AM
Though he was slow to react to the monsters arrival, Balen is not slow in reacting to their attacks. He sways away from the first blow, taking the second on his armour, reducing it's force. (Balen took 3 damage) A feeling of cold emenates around Balen, his pale eyes focusing on the monster. He then strikes out with his Greatsword at the creature which wounded him.

Balen attempts to curse the creature which attacked him. -2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks & weapon damage rolls if it fails a DC 17 Will save.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] (+1d6 if undead)

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-29, 01:02 PM
Will Save [roll0]

((Imperial Psycho could you roll the extra D6 for damage as they are indeed undead. Also anyone who takes damage from a ghoul need to make Fort and Will saves.))

Renn quickly destroys one of the creatures, probably a Lacedon, reducing it to so much rotting meat, its animating power gone.

The rest of you are damaging your opponents but they remain strong.

((A map will be up soon))

Imperial Psycho
2011-09-29, 01:29 PM
Damage [roll0]
Will: [roll1]
Fort [roll2]

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-01, 03:39 PM
((ok i think i got this...))

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/Map1-1.png

The Lacedons hiss as they realize they themselves have been flanked, then continue to attack.

Attacks on Balen: Attack 1 [roll0] [roll1], Attack 2 Attack 2 [roll2] [roll3]

Attack on Sandra: Attack 1 [roll4] [roll5]

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-01, 03:49 PM
Rerolls because of curse

Attack 1 [roll0] [roll1], Attack 2 [roll]1d6+1

PersonMan
2011-10-02, 01:55 AM
Setya moves to flank one of the ghouls with Balen and takes a swipe at it with her scimitar, the finely-crafted crystal blade slicing towards the Lacedon.

Rolls:
5-foot-steppin'
Damage: [roll1]

RCgothic
2011-10-02, 02:29 AM
Sandra

I see my chance to flank the closest ghoul, and I step north, bringing my longsword around in a cleaving arc at head height.

Power Attack (3): [roll0]

gunnar11
2011-10-02, 03:31 AM
Renn

After seeing Sandra stepping behind the monster, putting more pressure on it, Renn too attacks:

Crit PH:[roll4]
Damage Crit PH:[roll5]
Crit OH:[roll6]
Damage Crit OH:[roll7]
Extra d6 Damage Undead PH:[roll]
Extra d6 Damage Undead OH:[roll8]

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-02, 03:50 AM
Balen strikes again at the ghoul that wounded him the first time, swaying away from blows by both creatures.

Attack:[roll0]+2 if the being is flanked
Crit Confirm: [roll2]+2 if the being is flanked

Thaaats a crit!

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-02, 12:32 PM
Renn and Sandra quickly batter the second ghoul out of existence.

Balen and Setya dispatch one ghoul ad turn their attention towards the next, but all of you stop as a Lacedon much more massive than any others you have seen climbs out of the water, it must be 7 feet tall!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/map2-1.png

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-02, 12:55 PM
Balen attacks the Ghoul in front of him, ignoring the new threat.
(Init 3)
(Turns out I've been putting my Attack bonus a bit high. woops. :smallredface: Oh well, fixed now.)

Power Attack (-1) [roll0]
Additional damage: [roll2]
Crit confrim [roll3]

RCgothic
2011-10-02, 02:04 PM
Sandra

"Setya, go right!"

I flank the monster to the left, cursing it as I go and preparing to channel Pelor's will into the monster's banishment.

"Begone foul beast! In Pelor's name, back to the dark depths from whence you came! SMITE EVIL!"

Smite Evil: [roll0] (+2 if flanking)
Critical Confirm: [roll1] (+2 if flanking)

PersonMan
2011-10-02, 02:08 PM
Setya raises her eyebrows at the new threat but, feeling confident due to the speed with which the others were dispatched, fearlessly moves forwards to attack and does so, hoping to slice open the chest of the foul creature.

Brilliant plan, flanking, but at the moment I'd like to avoid letting my guard down to move into a good position. The druidess says in response to her ally.

Rolls:
Five foot step forward-right and attack.
[roll0]

Also, a Know(nature) check to identify 'em, if I can: [roll2]

gunnar11
2011-10-02, 04:37 PM
Renn, watching the remaining ghoul, is suddenly caught off-guard. The new monster, 7 feet tall, raising on the boat is clearly stronger and more important at the moment. Renn quickly moves towards it, and hits it with both his swords:

Crit Confirm PH:[roll4]
Crit Confirm OH:[roll5]
Extra d6 Damage Undead PH:[roll6]
Extra d6 Damage Undead OH:[roll7]

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-03, 12:00 AM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/map3.png

Balen dispatches the last ghoul and turns to face the new threat the rest of you are attacking.

The new Lacedon voices his displeasure at the biting blades of his attackers, lashing out at Sandra as she moves closer to him.

AoO: [roll0], [roll1]

Then he directs his claws towards her, infuriated by her holyness

Attack: [roll2], [roll3]

RCgothic
2011-10-03, 01:33 AM
Sandra

I dodge the Lacedon's first blow, and catch its second on my shield.

"Begone! My faith is proof against your blows!"

PersonMan
2011-10-03, 03:59 AM
Setya moves again, into a position from which she can flank the new creature with Sandra, and takes another swipe at the creature's side.

Rolls:
5-foot-stepping one up.

gunnar11
2011-10-03, 05:33 AM
Renn

Renn attacks hit the creature, but it doesn't seem to slow down. He moves 5ft into a flanking position and decides to try again, this time hitting him hard

Attack PH:[roll0](+2 if flanked)
Damage PH:[roll1]
Crit Confirm PH:[roll2](+2 if flanked)
Attack OH:[roll3](+2 if flanked)
Damage OH:[roll4]
Crit Confirm OH:[roll5](+2 if flanked)
Extra 1d6 Undead Damage PH:[roll6]
Extra 1d6 Undead Damage OH:[roll7]

OOC: that's 21-27 damage!

RCgothic
2011-10-03, 06:03 AM
Sandra

I riposte with a lunge aimed at the creature's heart, but I mistime the blow and it goes well wide.

Power Attack (3): [roll0]
Confirm Critical: [roll1]

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-03, 11:29 AM
Balen turns his attention to the final creature, moving to face it (diagonal 5 ft step if allowed, if not move action.), and slams his greatsword down, the black crystal in it glowing fiercely.

Balen's face has an odd smirk as he attacks, amused at the paladins words. His distraction proves to be a hindrance, as his blow goes wide, Balen only barely turning it away from his allies.

Attack roll [roll0]
Additional damage [roll2]
Crit confirm [roll3]

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-03, 01:27 PM
The massive Lacedon roars as the weapons strike home, its rotting body breaking before your attacks. However enough animating force remains in the body for it to continue to attack you.

Bite: [roll0], [roll1]

Claw 1: [roll2], [roll3]

Claw 2: [roll4], [roll5]

RCgothic
2011-10-03, 01:54 PM
Sandra

"In the name of Pelor I declare you excommunicate diabolus! Be banished back to the lightless depths!"

I aim a slash at neck height, hoping to decapitate the creature once and for all, however as Balen's strike hits home the creature is staggered beyond the reach of my blade, and I cleave nothing but clear air, and I scowl at my luck.

gunnar11
2011-10-03, 04:06 PM
Renn

"Hey! Watch out with that sword, will you!?" Renn says, as Balen's sword just barely misses him. "And you- now talking to Sandra - stop doing everything in Pelor's name, and just hit that thing!"
Renn said.
Renn attacked

Attack PH:[roll0] (+2 if flanked)
Attack OH:[roll1] (+2 if flanked)
Crit Confirm PH:[roll4]
Crit Confirm OH:[roll5]
Extra d6 Damage Undead PH:[roll6]
Extra d6 Damage Undead OH:[roll7]

Renn hit
"That's how it's done"

PersonMan
2011-10-04, 12:31 PM
Setya considers her next attack for a moment before moving to cut at the being's side with her crystal weapon.

Rolls:
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

You're all too noisy. Save your breath for fighting. The druidess says quickly as she steps back from the attack.

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-04, 03:27 PM
Balen flushed at being reprimanded, his smirk gone, his face set in a grimace of concentration, as he put his force into another blow at the beast.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Addtional damage [roll2]
Crit confirm [roll3]

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-05, 11:01 PM
Balen's swift strike decapitates the huge Lacedon, it sways for a second, raising its arms as if to try and hit you but then fall to the ground.

HELP! You notice several flashes of bright white light. Simon flies quickly towards you There are Lacedons climbing the stern of the ship, a huge one broke the rudder! I dare not use fire against them and my creatures will not hold them for long. He gestures back towards the stern of the ship with a panicky movement and then composes himself and drops into casting. Bringing forth a trio of wolves with glowing red eyes and black fur.

RCgothic
2011-10-06, 03:06 PM
Sandra

As the giant Lacedon tumbles overboard, I turn towards Simon's crys for help, brandishing my longsword and searching for a target.

PersonMan
2011-10-07, 07:56 AM
Setya, annoyed at the news of more enemies, follows the paladin towards the stern.

gunnar11
2011-10-07, 08:35 AM
Renn

Renn too, approaches it, careful for any explosion that may occur in between. What is causing this?

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-07, 06:46 PM
Balen gives a shout as he decapitates the beast, taking a couple of steps away from the falling body. He then raises his sword once more, stepping laconically towards the stern.

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-13, 09:27 AM
With a splintering crack the stern of the ship shears away in a massive shivering of timbers. The ship seems to lurch and begins to sink almost immediately as a massive beast rears its head out of the water. A Giant! gasps Simon as the giant reaches down and overturns the boat completely.

You tumble through the air towards the water, you feel a massive impact as you hit, then only darkness.

An unknown amount of time later you find yourselves washed ashore on Percian, with the sun going down.

gunnar11
2011-10-13, 11:17 AM
Renn

Waking up he looks around. "Ugh, my head hurts" he whispers to himself. He then proceeds to wake up the rest of the people on the shore, looking for all the survivors possible.
While walking he looks around for things on the landscape and/or objects that could come in handy.

RCgothic
2011-10-13, 11:29 AM
Sandra
I awaken suddenly face down in damp sand as a wave of coughing shakes me. As I half-roll to cough up the sea water I’d swallowed in copious amounts, I realise that, defeated in combat and cast into the sea, this must count amongst my most ignomious awakenings – worse even than after Rachel’s 21st when we challenged the initiates of the Temple of Kord to a drinking contest, though possibly not as bad as the incident with the duck and the umbrella. I murmer a quick prayer to Pelor, thankful to be alive, and repentant of the mission’s less than glorious first combat.

I roll into a sitting position, wiping my bedraggled hair out of my face and taking stock of my situation. I find that against the odds I still have all my equipment, including my sword and shield. I don’t know how I didn’t drown under all that weight, and I say another prayer to Pelor in thanks for sparing me. I take a look around the beach, curious as to what had become of my erstwhile companions.

PersonMan
2011-10-13, 02:08 PM
This is exactly what I mean. No matter who you are, she doesn't care. Really, I hear some people go out into nature for fun. Idiots. The only rule of nature is survival of the fittest - a grotesque parody of morality. The waterlogged druidess Setya murmurs to herself and she picks herself up on the beach. Soaked to the bone, Setya's tail wraps around one of her legs, no longer kept warm by a cloak. Retrieving her weapon and shield, she turns to the water and looks at it spitefully, giving an incoming wave a solid kick before turning to look up and down the beach. Hooking her hand into the hood of her cloak, Setya begins to walk, dragging the soaked cloth behind her. Perhaps someone else survived the waves...

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-13, 02:24 PM
Balen rises as Renn moves towards him, his steps made waterlogged and heavy by the extra weight. He stretched, his body being wracked by a shiver as he did so. Showing no reaction, he searched through his items, checking them one by one to be sure they had not washed away or rusted. Finally satisfied, he dragged himself up, and pulled the white mass of hair off his face. "Is this Percian?"

gunnar11
2011-10-13, 05:22 PM
"I don't know. It could be, and it would be the most logical answer." Renn said, answering Balen's question.
"Balen, was it? Do you perhaps know what beast attacked us on the boat?" Renn inquired.
He then started to call out for others.

"Hello!!! HELLOOOOO!!! Anyone out there who also made it!?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-13, 09:49 PM
You find yourselves on a rather desolate stretch of beach that gently slopes up into a rocky, barren plain dotted with grass, brush and the occasional olive tree. You can all see each other but are quite spread out along the beach, which is dotted with wreckage from the ship and several corpses.

RCgothic
2011-10-17, 03:50 PM
Sandra

"Is everyone here? Is everyone OK? That beast... I've never before seen anything so abominable. I swear by holy pelor's face I will track it down and exterminate it!"

I sign a quick gesture of vengeance in the air, before turning to look inshore.

"Anyway, here we are. We should salvage what we can and find a good place to make a base camp."

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-17, 04:25 PM
Balen eyes Renn suspiciously. "I never spoke my name. No, Renn, I do not know what manner of beast attacked us on the boat."

He then hears the Paladins shouting and oathmaking, and cannot resist a smirk. "By Holy Pelors face I wish you'd stop invoking your god in everything. I'd be more interested in your gods if they did something useful, like stopped us from being shipwrecked in the first place."

To the Paladins suggestion of making a camp, he is less scornful. "There'll not be much left, but we should take what we can from the ship and the dead, and move on. If there was so much simply on the boat here, the island itself could be swimming on monstrosities. "

gunnar11
2011-10-17, 05:16 PM
"I agree with Balen, whose name I know from having it heard one these days on the boat. We should get whatever we can get and get away from the wrecks, it attracts attention."

RCgothic
2011-10-18, 01:48 AM
Sandra

"I consider the fact so many of us survived despite being unconscious and wearing copious amounts of armour a useful intervention by my god, but suit yourself."

I start wandering about, searching through the wreckage for any other survivors or anything that might be of use.

PersonMan
2011-10-18, 03:47 AM
Setya nods at the suggestion of salvaging the ship and making camp. She, however, doesn't make a comment about Pelor and whether or not he intervened. There were quite a few deities. In all honesty, since a holy light didn't carry them to shore, it could have been one of the aquatic deities that saved them...or even a nature deity, hoping to lure more mortals into a slow death.

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-18, 04:25 AM
Balen barks a laugh. "A funny god, who only deigns to save half the ship, and chooses me as one of the survivors. I call it lottery and nothing else. But enough of this. "

Balen strides to the nearest corpse, searching it for anything useful.

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-19, 09:17 AM
You find 3 large watertight boxes that have washed up on the beach, you have seen these before on the docks, usually used to transport valuable merchandise. You also find 194 gold pieces in various purses belonging to the corpses.

RCgothic
2011-10-19, 12:44 PM
Sandra

I say a silent prayer over each of the corpses we find, ensure the gold pieces are distributed equitably, and set about opening the waterproof containers.

PersonMan
2011-10-19, 01:36 PM
Setya joins the paladin in opening the crates. She doesn't pay the corpses any special attention, and stays silent during the search.

gunnar11
2011-10-22, 09:57 AM
After having received his gold pieces, Renn tries to get on higher ground, to see the landscape, and any sign of life.
"I'll go scout a bit. If this really is my homeland, we should be able to find rich cities everywhere!"

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-24, 12:40 AM
"Cities? Maybe, and they will be rich. With all the metals of the earth. But you will not find a single living thing on this island." A voice behind you croaks, in a dry rasp of a voice.

You look around and see a figure stepping down from the sky, walking on air as if descending stairs. At first you wonder why as he has two black wings spread wide as he walks, but as he gets closer you can see that feathers fall from his wings with every step, revealing rotting flesh, bone and something that might be metal. he wears a long robe of black cloth that seems to be rotting as fast as his wings, but never seems to fall apart. In one hand he carries a huge rusty scythe, in the other a skull.

"Men call me Charadron. I am the Messenger of Nerull, Lord of Death."

As his feet touch the ground, what you can see of his face twists as if in pain. The falling of cloth and feathers stops, his movements become stiff and pained.

gunnar11
2011-10-24, 03:43 AM
Renn holds up his swords, ready to fight if necessary. Although the fiend, who just decended from the skies, clearly seemed of a whole different level of powers, Renn wouldn't hesitate on attacking him if he seemed like a threat.
"Another undead. These lands seem to have been infested with those deformed ones."

"What are you doing here, you -" Renn managed to stop his sentence before insulting the undead. If it was possible, Renn preferred to avoid a fight.
"What have you done to these lands, to my country?"
Renn's holy symbol was heavily to be felt on his chest. Renn was certain that his God(dess) was watching over him, protecting him.

OOC: Can I get a list of Gods to choose from? My Ranger needs a God(dess) :smalltongue:

PersonMan
2011-10-24, 03:59 AM
Setya considers the messenger of death carefully. If he, well, it, was truly what it said it was...then this quite an unusual experience.

So, then, messenger of Nerus, why have you decided us worthy of a direct appearance? As far as I know, we haven't done anything that would attract the attention of a deity. The druidess asks, her tone respectful and curious.

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-24, 07:04 PM
Balen seems unimpressed, though his grip in his blade tightens, his knuckles whitening. "A messenger of a god, hmm? Well, you seem to know more than I about the state of this place. You will tell me all you know. "

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-24, 08:55 PM
Be careful what you ask for Balen... You may get it. says Charadron running a finger almost affectionately along the blade of his scythe This island is cursed. It has no Reaper. I have some knowledge of what happened here. A man came here more than 5 years ago, styling himself the Black Lord. He was a necromancer of no small power, he was looking for something in the Deep City beneath Ioscheng. Charadon's long thin fingers now twist around the haft of his scythe as if he was strangling a snake Reapers bring death, and like a fire allow new life to spring up in its place. The Black Lord bound this places Reaper to his... service. There is a word for this in the tongue of the Gods. Dur'Korath: the binding sleep, one of the worst perils that can befall one of our kind. The... art he spits the word was perfected by the Aboleths. We killed the ones that made the first binding, but their memories endure and they may have written it down. With no Reaper on this island there can be no death, there can also be no life. This island is trapped between.

Imperial Psycho
2011-10-30, 03:31 PM
Balen looks surprised, then eyes the being with suspicion as it mentions his name. "So this Black Lord is the foe? Very well then. Just give me his location. He will find it difficult to trouble this island when he shorter by a head."

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-30, 04:27 PM
That would be most helpful, however the artifact used to bind the Reaper must also be destroyed. It is called a Black Altar, made of bone, blood and obsidian. Crush it, Burn it and scatter the ashes at a crossroads or into running water. That will break the Binding.

He surveys you, a frown evident on his face I do not ask this lightly, I would send one of our mortal servants, but they are known to the Black Lord. I do not ask you to become servants of Nerull, merely to do this service to your homeland.

gunnar11
2011-10-30, 05:02 PM
"And what will this get us? I know your boss wants to rule death once again, but why should we do this?" Renn says, uncomfortable by the messengers presence.
"How do we get there would be the next question, provided you give us the right motivation, of course."

Hawkfrost000
2011-10-30, 05:53 PM
Your lives. The lives of your family and the lives of everyone on this Island. he shrugs beneath his tattered robes You can choose not to help me, you might even survive your time on this island. But how will you sleep at night when you know that everyone else will not.

The Messenger gestures and an image of the city of Faseth, a large port that you all remember from your time on the Percian. The city bustles with life, much as you all remember it. This curse will spread, there will be nothing new, no renewal, no growth. Only decay. As he speaks the city seems to decay, the people in the streets become thin and ragged and then are replaced with undead, paltry reflections of their former selves.

There are still a few living beings here, but they need help. There are hundreds like them across Percian.

gunnar11
2011-10-30, 05:59 PM
"Ok, ok, I get it." Renn speaks, a little less motivational now. He wants his country back to his pride. "Tell me, what do we do?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-11-02, 12:00 PM
I do not know where the Black Lord is, he has shrouded himself from the sight of men and gods. Perhaps it is his master that protects him. If it were possible for an angel of death to look embarrassed then Charadron does so. I would recommend that you first go to Faseth, perhaps an hours walk from here. There are people there who have fought the Black Lord, if not face to face then far closer than i have.

gunnar11
2011-11-02, 12:28 PM
Hmm Renn murmurs ok, you can go now. he says. Show them who's boss
He waits for the angel to leave, and begins walking in the appointed direction.
Better go, don't you think? he winks the others. This is the start of a long journey...

Hawkfrost000
2011-11-02, 09:16 PM
The Angel twists his mouth in distaste and then walks into the sky.

Your service will not be forgotten when the Reaper comes for you.

PersonMan
2011-11-03, 09:26 AM
Setya nods as Charadron leaves, turning to the others once he's out of view.

Well, then, let's get moving. The druidess says, considering which direction seemed most likely to be that in which Faseth lay.

RCgothic
2011-11-30, 03:10 PM
Sandra
I make a holy sign as the Metatron of Nerul leaves.

"Shall we do what the demon asks? I think we should at least make camp first."