PDA

View Full Version : Giving More Spider To A Drider

Gorfang113
2011-09-17, 03:46 PM
So the boss of my spider themed dungeon is a drider. I need spider themed magic items or other things to give him to make it a little more interesting. All I have been able to come up with so far is the spiders nestbullets from AaEG. Any help would be apreciated. The drider has 5 class levels in addition to its basic stats. It will either be a cleric or a sorcerer, I am undecided on that so far.

DeAnno
2011-09-17, 04:30 PM
From Tome of Magic, give it a Continuous Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (22k) which gives it the Dark template, providing Hide in Plain Sight, large Hide and Move Silently bonuses, a speed bonus, and cold resistance 10. This could help it get around its size to be sneaky like a spider.

Flickerdart
2011-09-17, 04:38 PM
A Cloak of Spiderskin (SpC spell, not sure if an actual item or custom since it does appear in NWN2) will make it more spidery - it adds to your natural armor, saves vs poison and hide checks. There's also Spider Rod that shoots strands and poison at a range of 100 feet.

*.*.*.*
2011-09-17, 04:48 PM
Give it wild cohort and use vermin companions?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040705a

Andorax
2011-09-19, 01:13 PM
Can the Drider be undead?

Can the Drider be undead with the Swarm Shifter (LM) template: Spider Swarm?

Can the Drider be undead with the Swarm Shifter (LM) template: Drider Swarm (same stats as spider swarm, but if you look really closely...eep!)

Ettercap Cohort?

Geigan
2011-09-19, 01:26 PM
Give him a huge spider for a mount and lots of ranks in hide. That way he can be a hider spider rider drider.

Skaven
2011-09-19, 03:09 PM
Traps.

I have this nightmarish idea of you describing the end lair being covered in webs. The Drider pulls a silk strand rope and the webbing along the ceiling gives way to shower spiders all over the party (many many swarms) while the tunnel behind them is blocked off by falling webs.

When the party move around, they find that the floor is covered in pits that the webs cover making the invisible, they fall into spider swarms. To counter this they would need the spider climb spell cast (with the drider and spiders not breaking the web and falling through because of obvious reasons)

Perhaps the drider can fight by going underneath the party and popping up to attack before vanishing back down ala those tunnel trap spiders.

Randomguy
2011-09-19, 04:17 PM
Make him a cleric and give him the spider domain, the cavern domain or maybe the drow domain, all from spell compedium.

Design the entire dungeon, or at least the boss room so it looks like a mini version of the demonweb pits.

Inferno
2011-09-19, 05:01 PM
Could give him a custom figurine of wondrous power with a monstrous spider.
it gives your PC's a nice spidery companion to remember him by once it becomes loot, which can be fun.

Prime32
2011-09-19, 05:47 PM
Make him a clericMale drow cleric the what now? :smallconfused:

Randomguy
2011-09-19, 08:02 PM
Forgot about that. :smalltongue:

Make her a cleric, then.