PDA

View Full Version : build advice

elonin
2011-09-17, 10:53 PM
I'm curious if anyone has run against the concept of a pc wanting to be eaten? Preferably by being swallowed whole.

An immunity or resistance to acid is helpful, as are high hit points, a bit of sneak attack and dual weilding. Just for flair I'm thinking taking ranks in profession or craft cooking would be good.

gorfnab
2011-09-17, 11:25 PM
There is a flaw in Dragon #330 called Delicious.

Little Brother
2011-09-17, 11:37 PM
Do you mean something like the arseplomancer, or like Tarrasque swallow whole? If the swallow whole thing, why? There's a million better ways to get any bonus damage you can think of...

elonin
2011-09-17, 11:53 PM
I think it's awesome to rip something into peices from within. They can't attack once you are inside and you only have to worry about acid damage. And they are auto flat footed against you. They also tend to loose much ac bonus vs you.

Then is the visual of being eaten (possibly by taunting the critter), bursting out of it, then cooking the thing just about after.

This would also work with that feat Trophy Collecter.

Hirax
2011-09-17, 11:57 PM
Well, let's start with the assumption that a tarrasque has the most damaging stomach to be inside, which can deal a max of 24 bludgeoning and 22 acid per hit. Is there a particular level you're shooting for?

Zaq
2011-09-18, 12:09 AM
I am certain that I once read a homebrew PrC on these very boards that was designed around exactly this. Unfortunately, it was quite a while ago that I did so, and so I have absolutely no idea who designed it or what it was called. If you look hard enough (and you're open to homebrew), though, it's out there somewhere.

Anyway, Incarnates get energy resistance pretty easily, as do Totemists, so they can be a good source of acid resistance. As for the DR . . . does swallow whole damage pierce DR/magic, even if the creature has magic strike? It's not quite a natural attack, after all. If you accept that DR/magic is good enough, the Incarnate is very good at getting that (Astral Vambraces. Done), so that might be an option.

opticalshadow
2011-09-18, 12:20 AM
as it turns out fighters can do alot more dmg inside of some things then outside, id start with armor spikes. make the swallow painful. you can also leave a time bomb inside (you can do this with enough oil, and a little fire, or clever use of mundane things liek magnets and such)

Little Brother
2011-09-18, 12:39 AM
I think it's awesome to rip something into peices from within. They can't attack once you are inside and you only have to worry about acid damage. And they are auto flat footed against you. They also tend to loose much ac bonus vs you.

Then is the visual of being eaten (possibly by taunting the critter), bursting out of it, then cooking the thing just about after.

This would also work with that feat Trophy Collecter.Arsplomancer: DC80 escape artist check, crawl up their rear, use Righteous Might, I believe, and explode them. I also believe that you can use that with Exemplar to mimic the Jumplomancer, and have people become fanatical servants after you doing that. There are rules for attacking in tight spaces, and no rules for acid damage in the colon, just in the stomach, so you can do the same thing in a safer, if dirtier, fashion.

Oh, and most things also do bludgeoning damage in their stomach.

Zaq
2011-09-18, 12:48 AM
Update on that homebrew PrC I mentioned: I found it! It's Morph Bark's Tasted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109). If you're open to homebrew, that seems to be pretty close to what you're after, no?

darksolitaire
2011-09-18, 12:50 AM
This thread is hilarious and disturbing...

Ok, I have a related question. What is the earliest/easiest way to become something that eats enemies? I think Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 7 wild shaped into tendriculos at level 12.

elonin
2011-09-18, 10:03 AM
Thought there is a feat that lets you swallow whole. Other than that you have to be 2 size categories larger than the victem.

That Arsplomancer idea is different. And an idea where a ridicilous idea converges with real world logic for awesome. If you pulled off the feat of dc80 to crawl into the rear of a dinosaur then kill it from within, people should be awestruck.

Did they actually stat out the squeezing damage for blunt damage from a terrasques stomach?

Little Brother
2011-09-18, 12:25 PM
Thought there is a feat that lets you swallow whole. Other than that you have to be 2 size categories larger than the victem.

That Arsplomancer idea is different. And an idea where a ridicilous idea converges with real world logic for awesome. If you pulled off the feat of dc80 to crawl into the rear of a dinosaur then kill it from within, people should be awestruck.

Did they actually stat out the squeezing damage for blunt damage from a terrasques stomach?Stomache, yes, colon, no.Thus, as long as you can hold your breath ling enough. maybe building a gas-mask with the bottle of air thingy, you're better off. You will literally smell like crap, but, hey, it gets the job done.

Plus, if you wanna basically kill a humanoid-ish, or probably just anything huge or smaller, no save, use the arseplomancer, DC10 or 15, depending on whether you'd use lether, or weaker, for the flesh v. strength check.