PDA

View Full Version : Character-build contest with much mandatory multiclassing, but also many free feats.

enderlord99
2011-09-18, 01:29 PM
Challenge: Create a decent (at least at level 20, it can be crap before that) character build with at least one level in EACH of Ranger, Scout, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Fighter, Ninja, and Monk. Variants are allowed, but only if they produce the features progressed by the feats. The remaining 13 levels are up to you.

Monk's alignment prerequisites are removed, and we will be using fractional BAB and Saves.

You get the following feats free (as bonus feats):
Ascetic Stalker, Martial Stalker, Daring Warrior, Daring Outlaw, Swift Ambusher, Swift Hunter, and Ascetic Hunter. (Ascetic Hunter is in Complete Adventurer, all other free feats are in Complete Scoundrel)

All 3.5 sources published by WotC are available, except the Magazines.

grarrrg
2011-09-18, 01:40 PM
at least one level in EACH of Ranger, Scout, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Fighter, Ninja, and Monk.

Can we assume Fractional Bab?

RndmNumGen
2011-09-18, 01:42 PM
So, something like this?

Wildshape Ranger 7/Scout 3/Rogue 1/Swashbuckler 1/Monk 1/Fighter 1/Ninja 1/Warshaper 5?

Wildshaping into something with a lot of natural attacks, you can flank with your animal companion to get TONS of Sneak Attack/Skirmrish damage dice. Something like Tiger would be good, since you would have 4 Natural Attacks + Pounce.

enderlord99
2011-09-18, 01:43 PM
Can we assume Fractional Bab?

Yes, we are using fractional BAB and saves. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll edit it into the OP.

Little Brother
2011-09-18, 01:56 PM
Human Factotum 1/Monk 1/Ninja 1/Paladin of Slaughter 2/Ur-Priest 10/Scout 1/Fighter 1/Rogue 1/Swashbuckler 1/Ranger 1

Or: Human Factotum 1/Monk 1/Ninja 1/Fighter 1/Rogue 1/Ur-Priest 2/Beholder Mage 2/Mystic Theurge 8/Scout 1/Swashbuckler 1/Ranger 1

Feats:
H:Able Learner
1:Iron Will
3:Spell Focus(Evil)
6:First build takes that feat that makes Paladins wisdom based, 2nd takes Assume Supernatural Ability(Anitmagic Eye thingy)
Doesn't matter after this. IF you can, I dunno about how it works, take the Initiate of Mysteria.

At LV6, you can buy 2 PoA Scrolls. Turn yourself into a beholder, gouge your eye out, and take a dump on this thing known as balance. For bonus points, Dark Chaos shuffle your bonus feats away for some useful stuff.

tyckspoon
2011-09-18, 05:49 PM
Clarification request: Are the multiclassing feats free as in prereq-less bonus feats, or free as in if you decide to qualify for them you don't have to spend a feat for them? Makes a pretty big difference on which ones you'll actually get use of, since some of them need 4 or so levels of their base class to qualify.

Hmm. You've got 7 classes mandatory. 13 open levels. Ranger is the best option of those classes for doing the rest of the build with IMO, although you could take it to skill/SA classes too (use Thug + Sneak Attack variant Fighter, 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Sudden Strike + whatever advancement the multiclass feats give you should get you into most Rogue classes.) I'd probably go Wildshape Ranger/Master of Many Forms/Warshaper.. need 5 levels of Ranger to get the Wildshape, leaves 9 levels to distribute between the prestige classes. Warshaper abilities are all pretty nice up to 4, and you want Large forms and as much HD advancement as you can get for your Wildshape, so I'm gonna say the rest of the levels should be MoMF.

enderlord99
2011-09-18, 06:52 PM
Clarification request: Are the multiclassing feats free as in prereq-less bonus feats, or free as in if you decide to qualify for them you don't have to spend a feat for them?

Bonus feats. If they weren't, that would actually defeat the purpose of this exercise.

enderlord99
2011-09-18, 07:10 PM
Clarification request: Are the multiclassing feats free as in prereq-less bonus feats, or free as in if you decide to qualify for them you don't have to spend a feat for them? Makes a pretty big difference on which ones you'll actually get use of, since some of them need 4 or so levels of their base class to qualify.

Hmm. You've got 7 classes mandatory. 13 open levels. Ranger is the best option of those classes for doing the rest of the build with IMO, although you could take it to skill/SA classes too (use Thug + Sneak Attack variant Fighter, 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Sudden Strike + whatever advancement the multiclass feats give you should get you into most Rogue classes.) I'd probably go Wildshape Ranger/Master of Many Forms/Warshaper.. need 5 levels of Ranger to get the Wildshape, leaves 9 levels to distribute between the prestige classes. Warshaper abilities are all pretty nice up to 4, and you want Large forms and as much HD advancement as you can get for your Wildshape, so I'm gonna say the rest of the levels should be MoMF.

I probably should have mentioned that variant classes are only usable if they have all features advanced by the multiclass feats corresponding to that class. SA-Fighter does not have Bonus Feats, which are advanced by Swashbuckler and Ninja with the feats.

tyckspoon
2011-09-18, 07:21 PM
I probably should have mentioned that variant classes are only usable if they have all features advanced by the multiclass feats corresponding to that class. SA-Fighter does not have Bonus Feats, which are advanced by Swashbuckler and Ninja with the feats.

Not.. really. The feats advance your effective fighter level for purposes of qualifying for feats. They don't continue to give you bonus feats as if you were a fighter (they'd be much more useful if they did.) Sneak Attack Fighter is still a Fighter and can qualify for Weapon Spec, so that works out fine.

(Although if you want to be Curmudgeon-exact about it, Rogue Sneak Attack +1d6 and SA-Fighter 'gain Sneak Attack as a Rogue' +1d6 don't actually stack to become Sneak Attack +2d6, but I that's rather silly and excessively limited.)

enderlord99
2011-09-18, 07:50 PM
Not.. really. The feats advance your effective fighter level for purposes of qualifying for feats. They don't continue to give you bonus feats as if you were a fighter (they'd be much more useful if they did.) Sneak Attack Fighter is still a Fighter and can qualify for Weapon Spec, so that works out fine.

(Although if you want to be Curmudgeon-exact about it, Rogue Sneak Attack +1d6 and SA-Fighter 'gain Sneak Attack as a Rogue' +1d6 don't actually stack to become Sneak Attack +2d6, but I that's rather silly and excessively limited.)

Okay, that variant is fine, than. Sorry about that.