PDA

View Full Version : The stallion that Mounts the world!! (like in.. A GAME OF THRONES)

Whisper rider
2011-09-18, 08:56 PM
Guys, i really want to make this khal-drogo-like character in a new pathfinder campaing.. Im really new at this system so i was hoping that someone would help me with this build, what class? Barbarian?/ranger/ fighter?... Help with the feats... Etc etc...
Its going to be lvl 9
Stats.. 18/16/15/14/14/14
46000gp
Thxs:smallwink:

Legendairy
2011-09-18, 09:06 PM
Are you wanting this character to be a mounted warrior like they are in the series? Or just a crazy warrior type? Also what books are available? Tried and true would be a warblade/bloodclaw master. If you are wanting a mounted warrior/charger build I can't help(I never rely on mounts so I just don't know enough). Drogo used two knives when he went toe to toe which would be great with a warblade focused on tiger claw maneuvers(using two kukris). If this sounds like a viable option let everyone know and I'll post a concept and build.

Cog
2011-09-18, 09:26 PM
Eberron's Valenar elves draw from a lot of the same inspirations that went into the Dothraki. A Warblade/Revenant Blade, picking up Wild Cohort for your mount, could do quite nicely. Tome of Battle combines well with mounted combat, since you aren't as worried about making full attacks.

Worlok
2011-09-18, 09:27 PM
Ranger 4, Fighter 2, Barbarian 1 and (if CA has ever been updated for PF) Horselord 2 would make a certain amount of sense for a khal, I think...

Feats, you would get 4 from being 9th level and human, plus 2 from fighter. This might be Mounted Combat, Improved Unarmed Strike, Dodge (or Combat Reflexes), Trample, Cavalry Charger (CW) and maybe Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (or Mobility). Horse animal companion - and hunter's bond in general - seem to be rather fitting with Dothraki. Two-weapon fighting (etc.) for the kukri-thingies. Massive ranks in Ride (duh!), maybe Intimidate too. Rage just generally feels appropriate, but then there is absolutely no concept that can't use a little rage somewhere. And I don't know the first thing about the series except from what their wiki and this fight scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqdSjdtPAQ&feature=related) tell me...

Steward
2011-09-18, 09:33 PM
You need to get Exotic Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus (Pot of Molten Gold). Don't ask me why though, but your build falls apart without them.

The Gilded Duke
2011-09-18, 09:41 PM
I'd go with a Human Cavalier with Leadership... Order of the Dragon or Rodin for survival as a class skill. Make sure to have a low constitution, possibly taking flaws like Meager Fortitude. That way you can fail your saving throws vs disease when you get infected by filth fever.

After your character dies of Filth Fever, they can get animated as a zombie by a Gravewalker Witch. Although they might be murdered again by a certain Silverbrow Human Aristocrat. But that's okay, the witch cast a contingent Resurrection with the conditions:

Sun Rises in West
Seas go Dry
Mountains Blow in the Wind Like Leaves
Wife has a child

On a more serious note...
Human Samurai (Ronin) should set you up well.

Legendairy
2011-09-18, 10:07 PM
I'd go with a Human Cavalier with Leadership... Order of the Dragon or Rodin for survival as a class skill. Make sure to have a low constitution, possibly taking flaws like Meager Fortitude. That way you can fail your saving throws vs disease when you get infected by filth fever.

After your character dies of Filth Fever, they can get animated as a zombie by a Gravewalker Witch. Although they might be murdered again by a certain Silverbrow Human Aristocrat. But that's okay, the witch cast a contingent Resurrection with the conditions:

Sun Rises in West
Seas go Dry
Mountains Blow in the Wind Like Leaves
Wife has a child.

.....Nicely done sir.

The Gilded Duke
2011-09-18, 11:15 PM
I'd love to see a build of Strong Belwas.

Dance with Dragons Spoiler:

I mean he had like 30 doses of ingested poison with those locusts or more. And if I remember correctly in Pathfinder multiple doses of ingested poison increases the DC by 2 each time. So.. even with a dc of like 12 to begin with that's a fort save of 70.

And its not that he was immune to it, I mean he obviously suffered from it. Also, Strong Belwas is awesome.

Seerow
2011-09-18, 11:21 PM
Honestly, I'd just stat him as a straight up barbarian, maybe a dip into Fighter for a couple extra feats depending on the level, but he never really does much of anything that indicates some particular class feature or another. He's probably something like Fighter2/Barbarian4. He's at the tough end of human, and a great fighter and warrior, but he's not anywhere near the superhuman that is high level D&D.

Re: Strong Belwas
I'd look at it instead as roll 1 saving throw for every dose of poison. So he succeeded at a lot of saving throws back to back. Either he is incredibly lucky, or the DC was relatively low (aiming to kill a girl, not strong belwas, and it needed to be a somewhat subtle poison) and he had something so he doesn't fail a saving throw on a natural 1 (so instead he got the partial effect stacked pretty high, but never died from it)

Xerinous
2011-09-19, 02:20 AM
This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/horse-lord) is what I'd use. Seems to fit pretty well.