PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a Weapon Trait. Please Help!

Getsugaru
2011-09-18, 11:00 PM
I've looked through a ton of books, and have yet to find a trait that can put a weapon away when I drop it. Basically, I'm building a character who has 2 Quickrazors and 2 Crossbows. I want it to be that when my enemies get too close, I want to drop my Crossbows and attack with the Quickrazors, but I don't want my crossbows to hit the ground.

Can anyone help?

BIGMamaSloth
2011-09-18, 11:03 PM
tie them to you?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-18, 11:26 PM
It's called a three point sling.

Darrin
2011-09-19, 07:35 AM
I've looked through a ton of books, and have yet to find a trait that can put a weapon away when I drop it. Basically, I'm building a character who has 2 Quickrazors and 2 Crossbows. I want it to be that when my enemies get too close, I want to drop my Crossbows and attack with the Quickrazors, but I don't want my crossbows to hit the ground.

There is no weapon trait/property that puts them away for you. There are some other items can can help, though:

Collar of Perpetual Attendance (2000 GP, Fabulous Cats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c) article: unseen servant at will, just tell it to ready an action to catch any crossbow you drop, and then store it in your pack on the next round.

Glove of the Master Strategist (3600 GP, Ghostwalk p. 71): Does everything a glove of storing does but without the horrendously inflated price tag (and Ghostwalk did get a 3.5 update, so the 3600 GP price is official for 3.5). This allows you to swap whatever's in your hand as a free action. Also has a truestrike effect 1/day.

Kimono of Storing (4400 or 20000 GP, Oriental Adventures p. 140). Works as a glove of storing, but can store one item in each sleeve. However, the price is subject to the OA Web Errata Conundrum: the official OA errata didn't change the price (D&D errata page (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnD_PH_Errata_Intro.asp)), but the 3.5 update for Oriental Adventures published in Dragon #318 *did*, making it equivalent to two gloves of storing (10000 GP x 2 = 20000 GP). If your DM doesn't allow Dragon Magazine material or can't/won't use the 3.5 update, then grab the Kimono and see if you can snag the Wondrous Writing Set while you're at it (2060 GP for +10 untyped bonus to Forgery checks).

Or try adding the Flying property (+1 enhancement, Magic of Faerun p. 140). Your weapon gains a 30' fly speed and can follow simple commands, such as "If I drop you, store yourself in my pack."

Getsugaru
2011-09-20, 09:45 PM
Found a possible solution. The Hideaway trait (MiC 36) takes a weapon and makes it two sizes smaller and 2D. Probably could have it be that when I use it, I could draw the Quickrazor and stash the crossbows under their sheaths on my wrist as part of the drawing action, which is a free action automatically. I'm also going to have Quick Draw anyway, since I'm also going to have a couple other weapons, like a spiked chain.