PDA

View Full Version : Full BAB Prcs that grant their own spell casting?

deuxhero
2011-09-19, 12:54 AM
I like the fluff (and it isn't bad from a mechanical standpoint) of mundane characters learning some magic to enhance themselves (without going full Gish). Problem being while in core Assassin is great for this on stealthy types, Blackguard really, REALLY sucks. Anything better?

nyarlathotep
2011-09-19, 01:00 AM
Suel Arcanamach gives its own okay spellcasting, but I think it's 3/4 BAB(complete arcane Pious Templar gives it's own casting for clericy guys but isn't that great. Divine crusader gives access to one cleric domain 1-9 but is only 3/4.

Jude_H
2011-09-19, 01:41 AM
Does Warmind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/warMind.htm) count? It's psionic, but its manifesting is decent and its class abilities aren't bad.

Champion of Gwyffflthing in BoED is pretty slick too, iirc.

deuxhero
2011-09-19, 01:54 AM
Psionics are fine too (can believe I forgot that one, know:psionics is kind-of a complete and utter pain in the ass to get for anything melee though, but not as stupid as Blackguard's hide). Merely curious about the options.

Coidzor
2011-09-19, 04:48 AM
Well, I can't remember how many other than Knight of the Weave are full BAB (prolly Runescarred Berserker, but I think that's divine), but there's a list for further reference here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181091) of spellcasting graning PrCs and some discussion thereof.

Eldariel
2011-09-19, 04:50 AM
Runescarred Berserker [Unapproachable East] kinda works.

Feytalist
2011-09-19, 04:55 AM
BoED has a few. Champion of Gwynharwyf is one, as has been mentioned, but they're generally difficult to get into. Exalted and all.

There's also Harper Scout, but that's just kinda meh.

Volthawk
2011-09-19, 05:00 AM
For Warmind qualification, Education (from the ECS) gives you the Knowledge skills as class skills (and +1 to two Knowledges).

dextercorvia
2011-09-19, 10:32 AM
Pious Templar fits this theme, and can be used as a Blackguard type if you choose an Evil deity.

Essence_of_War
2011-09-19, 02:35 PM
Suel Arcanamach gives its own okay spellcasting, but I think it's 3/4 BAB(complete arcane Pious Templar gives it's own casting for clericy guys but isn't that great. Divine crusader gives access to one cleric domain 1-9 but is only 3/4.

Suel is actually more like 9/10 BAB since most people do something like:
Suel 4/AbjChamp 5/Spellsword1

Since the first 4 levels of Suel give you all of the relevant class abilities, and Abj Champ fixes your abysmal caster level (assuming your levels b4 Suel were in 1/1 BAB classes)