PDA

View Full Version : Satsui

hiryuu
2011-09-19, 01:33 AM
There's a Japanese lingual concept called "satsui," and the best literal translation is "killing intent," or "intent to murder."

I had a character concept based around this, around someone who'd been bedridden for a large portion of their life, and even as a young adult, had trouble keeping up with their family's martial tradition, feeling like a failure, etc., and while being bookish and well-read, had also learned the stances and basic forms of the local fighting style, but because of their sickness (I was thinking severe asthma), was never able to exert enough effort to learn it. I know this usually leads to a spellcaster, but the idea I had was that they learned the stances and the intent so well that they have literally formed their intent to kill into a weapon.

I found http://toosigma.com/rpg/workshop/feats/mindblade.php, and it might work really well combined with Factotum or suchlike, I just wanted to poke the playground and see what other people thought. What sort of classes and feats might work for this (admittedly meager) fluff?

Little Brother
2011-09-19, 01:39 AM
Something that can't fight but is good at scaring people. CompWar Samurai. Bonus points for trying to be Japanese.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-19, 01:45 AM
There are Fighter and Barbarian ACFs that let them do this and make people afraid.

Little Brother
2011-09-19, 01:48 AM
There are Fighter and Barbarian ACFs that let them do this and make people afraid.But they are actually decent at smacking people with large metal objects. The Samurai, however...

Geigan
2011-09-19, 01:53 AM
Perhaps a psywar with the soulbound weapon acf (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a). Make a weapon out of your will and hit people with it and use pure force of will to perform amazing feats. Just make sure to have terrible Con and you're set.

hiryuu
2011-09-19, 01:56 AM
Perhaps a psywar with the soulbound weapon acf. Make a weapon out of your will and hit people with it and use pure force of will to perform amazing feats. Just make sure to have terrible Con and you're set.

I've also got Frail and Meager Fortitude!