PDA

View Full Version : Template that grants numerous SLAs

supermonkeyjoe
2011-09-19, 10:22 AM
I'm going to have my PCs fight an Astral Stalker (Monster Manual 3) on the Astral plane and I'd like it to be able to take advantage of the Enhanced magic planar trait to throw out some auto-quickened Splell-like abilitiess, ideally what I want is an arcane version of the Phrenic template that scales with HD. Does such a thing exist in any books, I can't recall one but I'm sure such a thing must exist.

Urpriest
2011-09-19, 10:24 AM
Half-Fey I believe does a fair amount of this.

Mikka
2011-09-19, 10:26 AM
I'm going to have my PCs fight an Astral Stalker (Monster Manual 3) on the Astral plane and I'd like it to be able to take advantage of the Enhanced magic planar trait to throw out some auto-quickened Splell-like abilitiess, ideally what I want is an arcane version of the Phrenic template that scales with HD. Does such a thing exist in any books, I can't recall one but I'm sure such a thing must exist.

You're the DM.

Make it happen. The balance is already there just pick some arcane spells instead of psionic powers.

AmberVael
2011-09-19, 10:26 AM
Half-Fey I believe does a fair amount of this.

Indeed. For +2 la, it gives a nice number of SLAs, plus a lot of other really awesome stuff too. It'd make quite a nice choice.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-09-19, 10:45 AM
Hmm Half-fey would be better if it didn't have the -2 to con and a drop to d6 hp, especially as this is a mostly melee beast.

Looks like I'll just have to modify the phrenic template, I was being lazy and hoping there was an Arcane version that already existed.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-19, 11:04 AM
Half fiend also gives a huge number of Slas and there is a web article which has "rules" on how to make a variant half fiend which changes the stat modiciers and the slas deppending on the fiend usedp as a base

Little Brother
2011-09-19, 11:21 AM
Primordial Giant gives some for 0 LA, though you have to worm your way into qualifying in most cases. Worth it, though.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-20, 11:34 AM
Along with Half-Fiend and Half-Fey, there is, of course, Half-Celestial, who grants a number of awesome SLAs including resurrection, as well as gaining +4 Con, DR/Evil, and wings.