PDA

View Full Version : A Curious Thing

TechnOkami
2011-09-20, 01:55 AM
So, I'm going to be soon joining a weird PF + 3.5 mash up, where the rules are that we have to use the core races and core base classes for PF, but we can use the Prestige Classes of 3.5

I'll be frank, I've never played Pathfinder and the one thing I've consistently heard is that it's 3.75 That said, can anyone suggest anything which synergizes well in terms of PF base classes + 3.5 prestige classes?

I'm looking for either the front line fighter type or a cleric type in terms of class combinations.

SamBurke
2011-09-20, 02:01 AM
So, I'm going to be soon joining a weird PF + 3.5 mash up, where the rules are that we have to use the core races and core base classes for PF, but we can use the Prestige Classes of 3.5

I'll be frank, I've never played Pathfinder and the one thing I've consistently heard is that it's 3.75 That said, can anyone suggest anything which synergizes well in terms of PF base classes + 3.5 prestige classes?

I'm looking for either the front line fighter type or a cleric type in terms of class combinations.

Front line fighter? I'd Choose your standard classes (Cleric, straight up, of course.... Paladin is decent here, if you take a level of dragon rider and can suddenly get a dragon mount with whacked out damage/AC/breath weapon... Druid of course, though you'll need some goooood strength, as you get no physical bonuses from WildShape. Ditto on the DragonRider, too), but a few others worth mentioning:

Alchemist. Buffing yourself through the roof works here, boys. Loads of buffs, switch-hitting, pretty solid skills, and the chance to make some money on the side! (Tier 3)

Magus. It does melee fairly well. Magic is fairly decent, as it's one of PF's many half-casters. (Tier 3).

There's only one class you MUST take. Artificer. I don't care what your build is, or what weapon you're using. Getting a JUSTIFIED. FOR FREE. +20TrueStrike. SWORD? Worth "burning" a level. Look it up, it's a great addition to any and all melee builds focused on using weapons.

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-22, 01:44 AM
There's only one class you MUST take. Artificer. I don't care what your build is, or what weapon you're using. Getting a JUSTIFIED. FOR FREE. +20TrueStrike. SWORD? Worth "burning" a level. Look it up, it's a great addition to any and all melee builds focused on using weapons.

What is this?? And how does it work? I have never heard of such a thing?

Addi
2011-09-22, 01:51 AM
It's the most versatile class I know of. The whole class is built around crafting of magic items. Through this you have access to virtually every spell in the game.
It's printed in the Eberron Campaign Setting.

Edit: But.... he said Core Classes.

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-22, 02:21 AM
Edit: But.... he said Core Classes.

He's referring to the PF Artificer.

Inb4 Swordsages.

Killer Angel
2011-09-22, 02:26 AM

Eh, this is what happens when you mix different systems that are interchangeables but they use the same name for different things...

Addi
2011-09-22, 02:28 AM

Ididn't know that they have one, too. In what book can I find this version and is it a core class if it's not in the Core Rulebook?

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-22, 02:28 AM
Eh, this is what happens when you mix different systems that are interchangeables but they use the same name for different things...

Pretty much. One of the reasons I've avoided reading any PF material; they may not know which one I'm referring to, but I know. And that's what counts.

BlueInc
2011-09-22, 07:52 AM
It's up on the SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer), but a big caution sign: It's third-party. Now, the Dreamscarred Press Psionics Unleashed is excellent 3rd party Pathfinder material, but I can't vouch for this class. Ask your DM before continuing.

I'd recommend Paladin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin) if you're doing Core Pathfinder and want to be a Fighter/Cleric mix. It got so many improvements in Pathfinder (no longer needs WIS, for one) that it's a solid tier 4 class.