PDA

View Full Version : touch spells and somatic weaponry

Lui
2011-09-20, 06:07 AM
the melee touch attack required to deliver a touch spell can be made as a normal attack with a natural weapon or an unnarmed attack (using another standard action, i suppose).
furthermore, if the attack misses, it can be tried in subsequent rounds, as long as you don't cast or touch anything else.

now: if i hold a weapon already, using somatic weaponry (CM) or a still spell, can i make the touch attack as a normal attack using my weapon to deliver the spell? (if yes, then it's another standard action, or part of a full attack action, right?)

and, just to be sure, as i read it, once the spell is cast it can't be distrupted by failing a concentration check, since it's effectively been cast even if it's not been delivered yet. am i correct?

Jack_Simth
2011-09-20, 07:08 AM
the melee touch attack required to deliver a touch spell can be made as a normal attack with a natural weapon or an unnarmed attack (using another standard action, i suppose).
furthermore, if the attack misses, it can be tried in subsequent rounds, as long as you don't cast or touch anything else.
Once the spell is cast, it can be done as an attack action (which is a standard action if you want to take a move).

now: if i hold a weapon already, using somatic weaponry (CM) or a still spell, can i make the touch attack as a normal attack using my weapon to deliver the spell? (if yes, then it's another standard action, or part of a full attack action, right?)
Somatic Weaponry doesn't let you channel it through the weapon. You still need to stop and actually touch the person. Somatic Weaponry just lets you cast spells with your hands full of weapons.

and, just to be sure, as i read it, once the spell is cast it can't be distrupted by failing a concentration check, since it's effectively been cast even if it's not been delivered yet. am i correct?Once it's already cast, it can't be disrupted during casting, yes.