PDA

View Full Version : Gnorman's E6 Compendium

Pages : 1 2 [3]

theDuskling
2012-07-17, 04:37 AM
imo the bravardo needs a fix:

Moderate Archetype Power: If a bravado is attacked in melee and the attack misses, the bravado may immediately make one melee attack against the opponent who missed - if he is wielding two weapons, he may attack with both. He may now also add his full Strength modifier to his off-hand attacks.
Greater Archetype Power: On a charge, a bravado may make one attack (with both weapons, if applicable) against all opponents who come within their reach on the charge. Each attack is resolved separately.

the moderate archetype power and the greater should be capped at some point. if a bravardo charges through maybe 4 opponents, who all use their AoOs he got 4 attacks per enemy making it a total of 16 attacks within 6 seconds. maybe the number of additional attacks could be capped by his cha/dex modifier or his level?

Gnorman
2012-07-17, 04:49 AM
imo the bravardo needs a fix:

Moderate Archetype Power: If a bravado is attacked in melee and the attack misses, the bravado may immediately make one melee attack against the opponent who missed - if he is wielding two weapons, he may attack with both. He may now also add his full Strength modifier to his off-hand attacks.
Greater Archetype Power: On a charge, a bravado may make one attack (with both weapons, if applicable) against all opponents who come within their reach on the charge. Each attack is resolved separately.

the moderate archetype power and the greater should be capped at some point. if a bravardo charges through maybe 4 opponents, who all use their AoOs he got 4 attacks per enemy making it a total of 16 attacks within 6 seconds. maybe the number of additional attacks could be capped by his cha/dex modifier or his level?

Since I kind of recycled the Greater ability for the Thri-kreen, here's the new Bravado abilities:

Moderate Archetype Power: If a bravado is attacked in melee and the attack misses, the bravado may immediately make one melee attack against the opponent who missed. A bravado may only do this a number of times per round equal to his Dexterity modifier. In addition, a bravado may now also add his full Strength modifier to his off-hand attacks.
Greater Archetype Power: As a standard action, a bravado may spend two uses of his Inspiration ability to enter a battle trance for a number of rounds equal to his Charisma modifier. While in a battle trance, his base land speed doubles, he gains the benefits of the Spring Attack feat and the Pounce ability, and all his weapon damage is maximized.

EDIT:

Presenting...
the new Sage!

Before, he was an weird shut-in who got some Intelligence-related boosts and was really good at making knowledge checks or something. Kind of cool, I guess. But he didn't really have a theme or a signature ability. Not anymore! The revamped sage takes intelligence to new levels, his keen senses and vast stores of trivia allow him to conquer the teeth and claws of his foul foes, and best of all, he knows kung fu. Or whatever you call that throat-punch that left you choking and gasping for breath. His Targeted Strike ability experiments with something I haven't seen too many examples of, and I hope it works: monster-ability denial. Gaze attacks, breath weapons, spell-like abilities, natural attacks - with a well-placed strike, he can stop them all.

Hopefully this makes up for the sage being the red-headed stepchild of my project for so long. But power creep is inevitable, so please, be brutal with me. Please note that the archetypes are not finished yet, save for the Tactician.

Gnorman
2012-07-18, 07:11 AM
Sage revisions are almost done! Archetypes are this close - I just need a greater archetype power for the investigator, and we're in.

Please note that I removed the sage's spellcasting abilities. Upon reflection, prepared spellcasting (especially with access to any spell) was antithetical to the design goals of my project (i.e., keeping tier 1 classes out). I think the sage is powerful enough without it, honestly.

Here's an experiment I've been working on - let me know what you think. I believe they've been put forth as a possibility earlier in the thread: the general archetype.

Theurge
Prerequisites: To take the theurge archetype, you must have a full spellcasting progression.
Lesser Archetype Power: A theurge may choose one single mage class other than his own (black, blue, green, red, or white), and may add that class's spell list to its spell list. However, he may only cast spells from that list that are one level lower than the maximum spell level he is capable of casting (i.e., a black mage selects this archetype and chooses to add the blue mage's spell list to his own - at 1st level, he is capable of casting level 1 spells from the black mage list but only 0-level spells from the blue mage list).
Moderate Archetype Power: A theurge may select two archetypes from either class whose spell list it has access to. The theurge may add the bonus spells offered by those archetypes to its spell list. The restrictions given in his lesser archetype power still apply - though he may cast archetype spells from his primary spell list normally, he may only cast archetype spells from his secondary list if they are one level lower than the highest level of spells he is capable of casting.
Greater Archetype Power: A theurge may now cast spells from his secondary spell list normally - he is no longer restricted to spells one level lower than the highest level of spells he can cast.

Gnorman
2012-07-21, 07:17 AM
Can I be shamelessly ebullient for a moment? I hope so. If not, I'll ask for your forgiveness rather than your permission, because I'm going to do it regardless.

I'm coming up on about a year or so since I originally had the idea for the E6 overhaul. It's been a drastic year for me personally in some respects and par for the course in others, but the one thing I find myself coming back to again and again is this project. Not necessarily for any ego-related reasons (though I'll admit that it warms the cockles of my heart to gain even the slightest amount of attention), but because the response to this project has been overwhelmingly humbling.

To those of you who have been dear, dear supporters and good friends of the project, I say this: Thank you from the bottom of my black, shriveled heart. You've given an old man inspiration, hope, and motivation.

Thank you to Ziegander, stack, Morph Bark, Dandria, DM_of_Darkness, Djinn_in_Tonic, Eldest, Surrealistik, Sanglorian, Waddacku, Wyntonian, gkathellar, grimsage_matt, Knaight, mangles, deadjester, Atlantean Troll, nonsi, Eldan, McToomin, Zolkabro, amechra, Othniel Edden, Chronologist, and all the rest. I would not be 10% the homebrewer I hope I have become without the help, input, support, and well wishes that you all have given me. This community has shown me time and time again that despite all my doubts and misgivings, there are people out there who will lift me up, shake my hand, and guide me towards the correct path.

tl;dr: Thank you. Thank you very much.

Morph Bark
2012-07-21, 09:37 AM
While I was present for only a handful of the classes to comment and critique on (mainly the mages, which were the first few classes of these you posted as I recall), I'm glad to have helped and see this project to have grown to where it is today and you along with it. Please excuse me while I shed a womanly tear out of one eye and a manly one out of the other.

Our boy has become a man! :smallbiggrin:

Because I don't want to spoil your beautiful moment. :smallwink: Have to admit though, I had to look up "ebullient" first. :smalltongue:

Theurge
Prerequisites: To take the theurge archetype, you must have a full spellcasting progression.
Lesser Archetype Power: A theurge may choose one single mage class other than his own (black, blue, green, red, or white), and may add that class's spell list to its spell list. However, he may only cast spells from that list that are one level lower than the maximum spell level he is capable of casting (i.e., a black mage selects this archetype and chooses to add the blue mage's spell list to his own - at 1st level, he is capable of casting level 1 spells from the black mage list but only 0-level spells from the blue mage list).
Moderate Archetype Power: A theurge may select two archetypes from either class whose spell list it has access to. The theurge may add the bonus spells offered by those archetypes to its spell list. The restrictions given in his lesser archetype power still apply - though he may cast archetype spells from his primary spell list normally, he may only cast archetype spells from his secondary list if they are one level lower than the highest level of spells he is capable of casting.
Greater Archetype Power: A theurge may now cast spells from his secondary spell list normally - he is no longer restricted to spells one level lower than the highest level of spells he can cast.

Looks pretty good, though he makes himself be pretty limited on spell slots in this way, since he just adds the spell list of another class to his own spells known, not gaining more spell slots, which still need to be shared with his normal class spell slots. That is a pretty big downside, which might make it weaker than other Archetypes.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-21, 12:18 PM
You did all this in only a YEAR?! I'm simply astounded.

Also, I think Morph Bark is right about the spell slots. maybe Theurge could add 1 spell slot to all spell levels except your highest (and then add one to the highest when you get the greater archetype). It doesn't seem to me like it'd be too powerful, but I"m not a great judge of things like that.

Gnorman
2012-07-21, 01:35 PM
While I can see where you're coming from, I have to respectfully disagree. My hesitation stems from the fact that the mage classes are already pretty well-stocked with spell slots, about twice as much as a wizard or cleric of the same level. That would put them roughly on par with your average theurge without adding anything else.

I could perhaps see adding an extra spell per day per spell level, but much more than that would veer perilously close to boosting spellcasters beyond the breaking point I'm trying to maintain for the project.

wadledo
2012-07-21, 01:41 PM
Oh, also.

A thought I had.
I think that setting specific ideas, themes and organizations should be relegated to feat trees, not Archetypes.
So a sandshaper would be multiple feats working off of a desired concept, rather than (for example) a Blue Mage archetype, because it both makes it easier to have a more universalist feel than forcing a DM to say "You can use anything except this, this, this, and this archetype," (which is already something of a problem with the Engineer), as well as allowing certain Archetype like concepts to function within more than one class.

frimon
2012-07-22, 10:47 AM
I'd recommend a small change for the Martial Artist Archetype of the Brawler
The Sleeping Goddes and Mental Grip disciplines focus on Psionic skills. Both need acces to Psionic Focus to get their full strength and Mental Grip has some Maneuvers that need ranks in Autohypnosis.

The Brawler does neither get a psionic focus nor has he autohypnosis as a class skill. In my oppinion class skills that can be used only after taking a feat first are no good. So I'd either replace those disciplines or give the Martial Artist acces to a Psi-Focus and Autohypnosis as a class skill.

Steamflogger
2012-07-22, 03:21 PM
Sleeping Goddess Maneuvers and Power Points
The way of the Mental Grip is not available to all; a practitioner must be considered a psionic creature, whether due to power point reserve, or inherent psionic abilities.

The Sleeping Goddess discipline unlocks the power of the mind, allowing its adepts to tap into their psionic talent. You gain a reserve of power points equal to twice the number of Sleeping Goddess maneuvers, including stances, that you know. If you already have a power point pool, you add those points to it. If you do not have one already, then you gain a pool, and can take psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats. However, you do not gain the ability to manifest psionic powers, nor do you gain bonus power points unless you have levels in a manifester class.
If you have a power point reserve, you are a psionic creature, and therefore can become psionically focused. Both disciplines have autohypnosis as their key skill, and both grant it to their practitioners as an additional class skill.

And Gnorman, I know I've never posted on this thread before, but I have run a game (Sand Shaper, Elementalist, Necromancer, Tinker, Pit Fighter) about 6 months ago, and every player absolutely loved their class's design.

The pit fighter was able to compete with the spellcasters, the spellcasters themselves were different enough to avoid overlap, and actually had thematic, clearly defined limits, so that they actually had to work together to overcome challenges.

Honestly, this is one of the best pieces of homebrew I have ever seen, by far the most streamlined, interesting and fun to play classes, and if you put it in a book (and I'm talking about a hardcover, not a pdf file), I would buy it immediately. Seriously, well done.

Waddacku
2012-07-22, 03:21 PM
I'm glad to see you're still going strong with this project, it's one of my absolute favorite things on the board.

Regarding the Theurge archetype: I really don't believe it needs more spell slots. Its casting is much stronger than the norm already by virtue of sheer versatility. I don't know how it balances against the loss of other archetype features, though, missing out on some less limited resources. I think it should work out fine, though. If you're playing a Theurge, you're in it for the magic, not for the... whatever else you could be doing. And you still get the normal class features. My main concern is the Greater Archetype Power. Is full access to two lists too much? I don't know. It's a big jump in power, but too big? Dunno. Actually, I'm leaning toward it being fine as it is.
Oh, and shouldn't the Moderate Power specify one archetype from each class? Or are you supposed to be able to pick two from the same?

EDIT: Oh right, what about the Capstone SLA feature? Does the Theurge simply get nothing there? The huge increase in spells known might be worth it anyway.

Gnorman
2012-07-23, 01:20 AM
Oh, also.

A thought I had.
I think that setting specific ideas, themes and organizations should be relegated to feat trees, not Archetypes.
So a sandshaper would be multiple feats working off of a desired concept, rather than (for example) a Blue Mage archetype, because it both makes it easier to have a more universalist feel than forcing a DM to say "You can use anything except this, this, this, and this archetype," (which is already something of a problem with the Engineer), as well as allowing certain Archetype like concepts to function within more than one class.

I'm a little confused here, because Sandshaper isn't what I consider setting-specific - plenty of campaign settings have deserts. If you're referring to the Dustform Ally ability, that's currently on the chopping block.

The engineer, however, likely won't fit in any campaign that doesn't allow a bit of steampunk. But there have been crazy inventors in every era.

I'd recommend a small change for the Martial Artist Archetype of the Brawler
The Sleeping Goddes and Mental Grip disciplines focus on Psionic skills. Both need acces to Psionic Focus to get their full strength and Mental Grip has some Maneuvers that need ranks in Autohypnosis.

The Brawler does neither get a psionic focus nor has he autohypnosis as a class skill. In my oppinion class skills that can be used only after taking a feat first are no good. So I'd either replace those disciplines or give the Martial Artist acces to a Psi-Focus and Autohypnosis as a class skill.

Steamflogger's comments cover this somewhat, but I still consider it a valid point. I'll add a clause in there that says something to the effect of "If the martial artist does not already have a power point reserve, he gains a single power point at 1st level."

If you have a power point reserve, you are a psionic creature, and therefore can become psionically focused. Both disciplines have autohypnosis as their key skill, and both grant it to their practitioners as an additional class skill.

And Gnorman, I know I've never posted on this thread before, but I have run a game (Sand Shaper, Elementalist, Necromancer, Tinker, Pit Fighter) about 6 months ago, and every player absolutely loved their class's design.

The pit fighter was able to compete with the spellcasters, the spellcasters themselves were different enough to avoid overlap, and actually had thematic, clearly defined limits, so that they actually had to work together to overcome challenges.

Honestly, this is one of the best pieces of homebrew I have ever seen, by far the most streamlined, interesting and fun to play classes, and if you put it in a book (and I'm talking about a hardcover, not a pdf file), I would buy it immediately. Seriously, well done.

Thank you! I'm thrilled to hear that your group found them enjoyable, and even more thrilled to hear that they contributed to a more engaging balance point for your players. Every time I hear that the non-spellcasting classes are able to keep pace with the spellcasters, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. It's probably the number one goal of the project, to be honest - eliminate Tier 1 and 2 by drastically reducing the versatility of any individual caster.

Unfortunately, I have no plans to publish or distribute this project at this time, other than on these boards (and perhaps another). But it's nice to hear that should those plans change, there might be an audience for it.

I'm glad to see you're still going strong with this project, it's one of my absolute favorite things on the board.

Regarding the Theurge archetype: I really don't believe it needs more spell slots. Its casting is much stronger than the norm already by virtue of sheer versatility. I don't know how it balances against the loss of other archetype features, though, missing out on some less limited resources. I think it should work out fine, though. If you're playing a Theurge, you're in it for the magic, not for the... whatever else you could be doing. And you still get the normal class features. My main concern is the Greater Archetype Power. Is full access to two lists too much? I don't know. It's a big jump in power, but too big? Dunno. Actually, I'm leaning toward it being fine as it is.
Oh, and shouldn't the Moderate Power specify one archetype from each class? Or are you supposed to be able to pick two from the same?

EDIT: Oh right, what about the Capstone SLA feature? Does the Theurge simply get nothing there? The huge increase in spells known might be worth it anyway.

Full access to two lists might be too much, honestly, but considering that they have to sacrifice archetype powers, I think it's a fair trade (though I will think on it). I suppose a black or red mage using the archetype to pick up the other class' list could be dangerous - they'd have conjuration, transmutation, abjuration, evocation, and necromancy spells to choose from, as well as either a hefty minion or a decent combat-oriented chassis. Picking up blue for utility or white for buffing and healing would allow either of them to thrive, too (now I feel like I'm building a M:tG deck). They're still just as limited in their resources as any other, though. I'm going to leave it as is for now simple because my head is swimming with some possibilities. If I was a smarter man, I'd have created some archetypes that let you poach a few spells from another class' list (some of the monster archetypes do this). Would have given some thematic symmetry to the whole thing. I suppose it's never too late...

The Moderate Power allowing you to choose two archetypes from a single class is working as intended.

The missing Capstone SLA was an oversight on my part, but thinking about it it actually is appropriate that they do not receive it. Sacrificing power for versatility and all that.

Waddacku
2012-07-23, 11:53 AM
It kind of follows the earlier pattern, actually. The SLAs are in a sense your highest level of spells.

Codemus
2012-07-23, 01:42 PM
Cool, there have been a lot of changes since I've last looked at your (and others) work here. I'm really diggin it. Really looking forward to that Warlock (and Djinni, totaly epic). If I can be of any assistance (especialy with that Warlock) don't hesitate to ask.

Amechra
2012-07-24, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your thanks; this work really has humbled me as well, since it is a good example of why you shouldn't dismiss things at a cursory glance.

I'm using them, along with a bunch of other stuff, as the default classes that my players can use to take down the Tarrasque.

And I like the idea of having races as Archetypes; combo'd with a couple of the feats I posted earlier, you might even be able to transform into an Outsider as part of your character's evolution (you know those feats that let you multiclass inside your class?)

Knaight
2012-07-24, 03:38 AM
I've been rereading some of the early work (page 1), to see if there is anything I missed. So far, a few things:

The Master At Arms has an ability that lets them treat their weapon as any other material specifically for overcoming DR. The Bruiser gains several materials, including an adamantine strike at level 6 that does not have that provision. This implies that it also counts as adamantine for the purposes of overcoming Hardness, but that isn't spelled out. It probably should be.

The Pit Fighter's greater archetype power states that they can use a full attack as an attack of opportunity. The way this interacts with multiple attacks of opportunity is somewhat ambiguous.

The Sniper's lesser archetype power mentions a sniping mechanic that doesn't appear to exist.

The Stalker's Vicious Poison trap is referred to as a Vicious Poison Dart trap in the description.

The Silencer's moderate and greater archetype powers should say "Save DC" where it says "DC".

The Machinist's moderate archetype power is poorly worded.

The Tinker doesn't have a picture.

The Noble has a dead 2nd level.

The Dilettante states that the lesser archetype power is gained at 2nd level. It also should note that it allows the picking of one of three focuses more explicitly.

The Duelist's greater archetype power should note that it triples the critical range. As is the wording is off.

The Tyrant's lesser archetype power should probably put the minion summoning rules first instead of last.

The Monster Hunter's lesser archetype power refers to the Monster Hunter as "a monster" at one point.

There is a lot of inconsistency referring to abilities that are 1/+1 at level 1, 2/+2 at level 4, and 3/+3 at level 6. Sometimes they are referred to as "A Y gains X equal to half of the Y's level", sometimes they are referred to as "Gain 1/+1 this improves to 2/+2 at level 4 and 3/+3 at level 6". A consistent phrasing of these would be nice.

Not a problem, but: The Tactitian would make a lot of sense renamed as The Tutor, to better fit the Sage milieu.

The Wildling doesn't have a picture.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-24, 03:47 AM
Sniping is covered in one of the core rulebooks I think. It lets you make a hide check at a -20 penalty to remain hidden after shooting, IIRC. There may be a few other rules that go along with it as well, I'd look them up, but it's 5AM and I'm about to crash.

Gnorman
2012-07-24, 05:07 AM
Delightful editing work, thank you.

I've been rereading some of the early work (page 1), to see if there is anything I missed. So far, a few things:

The Master At Arms has an ability that lets them treat their weapon as any other material specifically for overcoming DR. The Bruiser gains several materials, including an adamantine strike at level 6 that does not have that provision. This implies that it also counts as adamantine for the purposes of overcoming Hardness, but that isn't spelled out. It probably should be.
Fixed.
The Pit Fighter's greater archetype power states that they can use a full attack as an attack of opportunity. The way this interacts with multiple attacks of opportunity is somewhat ambiguous.
Changed to: "Anytime a pit fighter is able to make an attack of opportunity, he may make a full attack instead. "
The Sniper's lesser archetype power mentions a sniping mechanic that doesn't appear to exist.
From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm): "Sniping - If you’ve already successfully hidden at least 10 feet from your target, you can make one ranged attack, then immediately hide again. You take a -20 penalty on your Hide check to conceal yourself after the shot. "
The Stalker's Vicious Poison trap is referred to as a Vicious Poison Dart trap in the description.
Fixed.
The Silencer's moderate and greater archetype powers should say "Save DC" where it says "DC".
Fixed.
The Machinist's moderate archetype power is poorly worded.
Will fix. May even replace the Machinist.
The Tinker doesn't have a picture.
Fixed.
The Noble has a dead 2nd level.
Fixed.
The Dilettante states that the lesser archetype power is gained at 2nd level. It also should note that it allows the picking of one of three focuses more explicitly.
Fixed.
The Duelist's greater archetype power should note that it triples the critical range. As is the wording is off.
Fixed.
The Tyrant's lesser archetype power should probably put the minion summoning rules first instead of last.
Fixed.
The Monster Hunter's lesser archetype power refers to the Monster Hunter as "a monster" at one point.
Fixed.
There is a lot of inconsistency referring to abilities that are 1/+1 at level 1, 2/+2 at level 4, and 3/+3 at level 6. Sometimes they are referred to as "A Y gains X equal to half of the Y's level", sometimes they are referred to as "Gain 1/+1 this improves to 2/+2 at level 4 and 3/+3 at level 6". A consistent phrasing of these would be nice.
I have tried to keep "A Y gains X equal to half of Y's level" for consistency's sake, but I have likely missed some. If you notice specific incidences, please let me know.
Not a problem, but: The Tactitian would make a lot of sense renamed as The Tutor, to better fit the Sage milieu.
Changed.
The Wildling doesn't have a picture.
Fixed.

Eldest
2012-07-24, 10:00 AM
Steamflogger's comments cover this somewhat, but I still consider it a valid point. I'll add a clause in there that says something to the effect of "If the martial artist does not already have a power point reserve, he gains a single power point at 1st level."

I'd actually suggest just giving them the feat "Hidden Talent" instead, and put that under a heading of Mental Prowness or something similar.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-24, 10:11 AM
How does anatomist's feature interact with fortification (which is not immunity to precision damage, but a chance to negate the critical itself) ?

Gnorman
2012-07-24, 03:47 PM
How does anatomist's feature interact with fortification (which is not immunity to precision damage, but a chance to negate the critical itself) ?

I believe that fortification would function normally. I'm not 100% sure about this interaction rules-wise, but fluff-wise the fortification enchantment "produces a magical force that protects vital areas of the wearer more effectively". The anatomist's ability, fluff-wise, is "I can see and hit the vital areas of creatures that would thwart others. I can find the ooze's free-floating pseudo-brain, I can find the weak join in a lich's skeleton, I can hit the thickest part of the air in an air elemental." Magical force protecting those areas would work as normal, in my interpretation.

Gnorman
2012-07-26, 06:15 AM
Here's a couple of updates on the class revisions:

The hunter, sentinel, zealot, and noble are still incomplete. I'm toying with the idea of making the stalker archetype's traps part of the base class (I hate making a subsystem, even a small one, and then limiting it to just one archetype), and making the stalker better at setting them than any other. I still need to add abilities to the zealot and sentinel (both of which I am planning on revamping significantly, adding auras to the zealot and totally reworking the sentinel into a defensive powerhouse). I am also in the process of replacing all the capstone abilities for the mundane classes with something like the gladiator's ability: a once-per-encounter choice between three powerful abilities. I've already done so with the brawler, below:

Perfect Harmony: Once per encounter, the brawler may make use of one of the following abilities.

Blink And You'll Miss Me: As a swift action, the brawler may move up to his base land speed, even if he has already moved that round. In addition, he gains 50% concealment for one round.

Hammer Fist: This ability may be declared as part of an unarmed attack - if the brawler succeeds on the attack, he inflicts maximum damage. The receiving opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the brawler's level + the brawler's Strength modifier) or be stunned for one round.

Mystic Resonance: As an immediate action, the brawler can negate one spell or spell-like ability cast upon him, as if he possessed insurmountable spell resistance. He may negate a spell with an area of effect, but if he does, all others in the area are affected as usual. The brawler is also restored a number of hit points equal to his level multiplied by his Intelligence or Wisdom modifier, whichever is higher.

My new plan is to give every class a three-pronged ability (except spellcasters and manifesters; they're already good enough).

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-26, 08:10 AM
Thank you for the clairification ^_^

I liked the new additions for the Brawler class.

May I suggest an ability for the Sentinel, what do you think about:

-once per day the Sentinel, after being reduced below -10 hit points, may keep fighting normally for a number of rounds equal to his contitution modifier

Gnorman
2012-07-27, 01:39 AM
Thank you for the clairification ^_^

I liked the new additions for the Brawler class.

May I suggest an ability for the Sentinel, what do you think about:

-once per day the Sentinel, after being reduced below -10 hit points, may keep fighting normally for a number of rounds equal to his contitution modifier

Certainly a possibility, and I will consider it.

A bit of administrative business to take care of first: I have officially run out of room! I can't add anything to any of my first five posts without hitting the character count limit. It's about time I created a new thread anyway - while this one was supposed to be for the whole shebang, it ended up being only for classes. I'll need more space to add in races, feats, new subsystems, alternate rules, et cetera.

So here's the new thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13624524)

Mangles
2012-07-27, 11:15 PM
I've been reading over Engineer (tinker) ability and specifically the astral construct text.

Treat this companion as if it were an astral construct as if manifested by a power level equal to one-half the tinker's level (minimum of one),

I was assuming that this meant that the astral construct has half the HD of the engineer that built it. But it seems to read that you act like a psion of half your level. If you look at what a psion with half the HD of the engineer could construct with its 11 power points you get a 5 HD construct instead of a 3 HD one.

I feel this ability needs more clarification, whether my assumption was correct, and you only get a 3 HD construct, or I was wrong and you get a construct that is 5 HD at your max level of 6

Eldest
2012-07-27, 11:48 PM
I've been reading over Engineer (tinker) ability and specifically the astral construct text.

I was assuming that this meant that the astral construct has half the HD of the engineer that built it. But it seems to read that you act like a psion of half your level. If you look at what a psion with half the HD of the engineer could construct with its 11 power points you get a 5 HD construct instead of a 3 HD one.

I feel this ability needs more clarification, whether my assumption was correct, and you only get a 3 HD construct, or I was wrong and you get a construct that is 5 HD at your max level of 6

With psionics, you can't spend more than your Manifester Level in power points on a single power. So no. You can't burn all 11 PP on one.
In addition, we seem to have migrated to the new thread for commentary and critique.

MacLeod
2013-04-16, 02:37 PM
I was directed to this thread via RPGnet and wow... This is some quality stuff! Really inspirational, I definitely need to work on my own E6 PHB now. :smallsmile:

Gnorman
2013-04-16, 05:15 PM
I was directed to this thread via RPGnet and wow... This is some quality stuff! Really inspirational, I definitely need to work on my own E6 PHB now. :smallsmile:

Thanks! But you'll want to use this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250820) instead.