PDA

View Full Version : Class based on Animating Objects

Qwertystop
2011-09-20, 08:33 AM
Is there a class based around inanimate objects and the animation therof? I am looking for as many as possible of:

Animate Objects as an SLA
Controlling Animated Objects, like the Control Body power or Dominate Person.
Making inanimate objects fly around, like Mage Hand (but maybe faster, if possible).
Creating small objects
Reshaping objects, like Wood Shape or Stone Shape.
Possessing animated objects, like Magic Jar or whatever its called.

In either a base class or a PrC with as early an entry as possible. Homebrew is fine, and if this inspires someone to create such a homebrew that's even better.

kestrel404
2011-09-20, 09:15 AM
Effigy Master comes to mind - it's a class based around constructing minor golems. 4/5 casting progression, and a Wizard will get you the ability to do most of the other things.

Prime32
2011-09-20, 09:18 AM
Psion (shaper). For the possession you have this (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/ectoskeleton).

Darrin
2011-09-20, 10:12 AM
Is there a class based around inanimate objects and the animation therof?

Master of the Unseen Hand, although it uses telekinesis rather than animate objects. Its... kinda a wonky PrC however... this was back in Complete Warrior, where the designers thought anything smelling even slightly of a gish had to be severely nerfed. So while it requires telekinesis to get in, it does absolutely nothing for spellcasting.

There are a few quirky early-entry tricks (notably the Ghost template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a)), and I seem to recall there are some unspeakably nifty things you can do with a bunch of weapons and "Full Attack Telekinesis", but I forget the exact particulars.

Fouredged Sword
2011-09-20, 10:14 AM
What do you mean you attack with all 5000 swords durring your round? And you have blood in the water stance?

Dodge books cheeze bandit!

Qwertystop
2011-09-20, 10:32 AM
Master of the Unseen Hand, although it uses telekinesis rather than animate objects. Its... kinda a wonky PrC however... this was back in Complete Warrior, where the designers thought anything smelling even slightly of a gish had to be severely nerfed. So while it requires telekinesis to get in, it does absolutely nothing for spellcasting.

There are a few quirky early-entry tricks (notably the Ghost template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a)), and I seem to recall there are some unspeakably nifty things you can do with a bunch of weapons and "Full Attack Telekinesis", but I forget the exact particulars.

4 levels in Ghost, then Master of the Unseen Hand, would actually work pretty well for this! I wish I could get a way for Malevolence to work on inanimate objects though (it already works on Animated ones, as they are Constructs and therefore creatures). Is there a RAW way to do that?

Taking a lot of arcane caster levels could handle most of the rest, but I wish there was a faster way...