PDA

View Full Version : "He who threw Glots," "The Glot-Chucker," "Sir Glot-icus"

TheRinni
2011-09-20, 03:59 PM
So, I was browsing through Frostburn, when I came across a rather funny sounding weapon: the Glot. Needless to say, I was interested in this oddly worded object.

Glot: The glot is a specially balanced sphere of metal designed to be thrown low to the ground. It then skips and bounces across the ground with little reduction in velocity to strike its target. If the ground between you and your target is solid, flat, and relatively free of obstructions, the glot’s range increment increases to 20 feet. If the ground is also icy, the glot skips even more readily over the frozen ground and its range increment increases to 30 feet. If you use a glot to attack an airborne target, its range increment is always 10 feet. You can make ranged trip attacks with a thrown glot.

Cost:1 gp
Damage: (medium) 1d4
Critical:18–20/×2
Range: 10 ff, 1 lb,
Type: Bludgeoning

For kicks and giggles, I'd like to create a character who specializes in throwing Glots. I imagine he'd look somewhat like Magneeto in X2, when he uses a few small, iron balls to break out of prison. Or, even better, a crazy Jester Juggler.

So far, this is what I'm thinking:
1. Class: Fighter, for the plentiful feats
2. The Glots should probably have returning cast on them.
3. I'd also like to make use of the Tripping capability of this weapon.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-09-20, 04:11 PM
Bloodstorm Blade takes care of most of your worries. Combine with Master Thrower.

I'd start out with a Warblade/Rogue chassis, personally.

Keld Denar
2011-09-20, 04:16 PM
Bloodstorm Blade would be a better choice. Returning fails for more than 2, since returning brings them back to your hand, and if your hand is full, they drop, and if you move after throwing, it fails, and they don't return until the start of your next turn. Thats like, 4 degrees of fail. Bloodstorm Blade avoids all of these problems, allows you to only have to enchant one single Glot, and saves you from spending the +1 bonus on returning so you can invest it on other stuff...like Collision!

mootoall
2011-09-20, 05:41 PM
Make sure you make it an Aptitude Glot, so that you can use Boomerang Daze with it. But then again, I think every weapon should be an Aptitude weapon for Boomerang Daze.

Metahuman1
2011-09-20, 09:04 PM
Also make sure you'll have Consistent access too Greater Mighty Wallop. Moving up four size category's on your damage dice would be a good way to make this a more viable weapon to build around using.

Qwertystop
2011-09-20, 09:39 PM
So you want to play someone who throws small metal balls at people?

Try refluffing this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623050&postcount=6). The stones are now made of metal.

Zaq
2011-09-20, 10:29 PM
"Glot-tal Stop."

Flickerdart
2011-09-20, 10:35 PM
Sir Lanceglot.

flumphy
2011-09-20, 11:11 PM
Bloodstorm Blade would be a better choice. Returning fails for more than 2, since returning brings them back to your hand, and if your hand is full, they drop, and if you move after throwing, it fails, and they don't return until the start of your next turn. Thats like, 4 degrees of fail. Bloodstorm Blade avoids all of these problems, allows you to only have to enchant one single Glot, and saves you from spending the +1 bonus on returning so you can invest it on other stuff...like Collision!

But if he threw more than one, he'd be a polyglot!

Seriously, though, bloodstorm blade is the way to go. Just the visual of pulling off maeuvers with strange metal balls is awesome.

Or there's always hulking hurler...

deuxhero
2011-09-20, 11:34 PM
But if he threw more than one, he'd be a polyglot!

http://i54.tinypic.com/fa7a4j.png

Isn't HH just throwing very large weights, not weapons?

Cespenar
2011-09-21, 05:01 AM
So, you're building Wakku? :smalltongue:

Feytalist
2011-09-21, 05:10 AM
"Have glot, will travel".

Of course, if he uses whirlwind attack or something similar, he's an omniglot.

Eldan
2011-09-21, 05:19 AM
Actually, for a proper omniglot, you need an epic spell that allows you to throw every glot in the world.

Qwertystop
2011-09-21, 10:33 AM
Actually, for a proper omniglot, you need an epic spell that allows you to throw every glot in the world.

He probably owns all the glots in the world. Nobody else bothers with them. :smallbiggrin:

grarrrg
2011-09-21, 10:54 AM
This has glot to be the one of the worst threads fur puns since that guy posted that unbearable post about a character who turns into a mammal of the family ursidae. That thread was one of the most ursinine things I've ever seen.

Oh, and I glot a link to the "Katana Chucker" in my sig, check that our fur ideas.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-09-21, 05:04 PM
This has glot to be the one of the worst threads fur puns since that guy posted that unbearable post about a character who turns into a mammal of the family ursidae. That thread was one of the most ursinine things I've ever seen. Yes, that did get rather unbearable.

Master Thrower has some good tricks for this build, as well as having a full BAB. Trip Shot, for example, lets you make a Glottal Stop.

Palm Throw is very good when combined with Bloodstorm Blade. Effectively doubles the number of attacks. And if you have an Adaption glot, with Shadow Blade to add Dex to damage per shot, you can get quite the damage output.

Weak Spot is also very handy for bypassing opponent defenses.

Quietus
2011-09-21, 05:51 PM
So you want to play someone who throws small metal balls at people?

Try refluffing this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623050&postcount=6). The stones are now made of metal.

And the metal is now diamonds!

grarrrg
2011-09-21, 06:11 PM
And the metal is now diamonds!

Look at your post.
Now look at mine.
Look at your post again.
I am on a horsebear.