PDA

View Full Version : Bastião da Alma Quebrada.

Andrezitos
2011-09-20, 07:21 PM
A “sickness” begins to afflict newborn
creatures, just a few at first—born listless and limp,
almost seeming to lack some vital spark. Investigation
reveals that these children are soulless, and the number
of these children is growing.

Divinations are strangely, alarmingly
mute on certain topics—the strange sickness
afflicting newborns being foremost.

Andrezitos
2011-09-20, 07:53 PM
http://www.bertball.com/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_the_City_of_Waterdeep

South Ward
Once known as Temple Ward, Southern Ward lies in the southeastern
corner of Waterdeep, bounded by Trades Ward to the north
and Dock Ward to the west. Caravan City, as this oft-forgotten
ward is sometimes known, is a homely, friendly, busy, and largely
poor area of Waterdeep. Notable landmarks of Southern Ward
include Caravan Court and Waymoot.

CARAVAN COURT
This place is usually a dust-shrouded melee of cursing, whipwielding
drovers, bawling beasts of burden, and creaking wagons
and carts. Most caravans entering or leaving through the
Southern Gate muster or disband in Caravan Court, making it
a scene of nonstop activity and chaos.

Amidst the chaos, notable figures arouse the attention of those more attentive...

Dudu
2011-09-22, 10:17 PM
One of them is a grim-looking tall guy (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=331525). Messy hair, his face and hands filled with dust from wandering for too long.
There's a big sword in his back, big enough to, along with his big stature, caught some attention.

Years secluded from civilization gave him a uneasy feeling when walking among such a busy place.

Beschoren
2011-09-24, 12:31 PM
Standing in the line between the notable and the ordinary, a figure takes a hot cup of tea while gazing at the simple folk hustle.

Anyone that stops to look realize it's not a human, but some kind of turtle-like humanoid. it has a spear close at hand and seem greatly immersed in his own toughts.

Andrezitos
2011-09-24, 08:21 PM
In the crowd, a strange feeling runs through the minds of those more sensitive and more attentive.

Todos os jogadores rolam um teste de Int, DC20

Dudu
2011-09-24, 08:51 PM
De int, tem certeza que não é wisdom? Wisdom por favorie!:smallbiggrin:

[roll0]

Beschoren
2011-09-24, 09:14 PM
Hummm... what a nice cup of Jinseg tea

[roll0] int DC 20

Andrezitos
2011-09-24, 09:48 PM
A strange feeling comes to mind of the Mid-age ninja tortle bizzare, some magic seems to be analyzing your identity. Certainly, with hostile intentions.

Prepare-se! Ó, grande tartaruga!

Beschoren
2011-09-24, 10:05 PM
...Too bad it's about to be spoiled. I didin't even get to drink half of it...

Zenno makes sure his spear is at hand, but other then that pretends not to notice the hostile observations...

Andrezitos
2011-09-24, 10:23 PM
Just a few meters (20ft) from the careful turtle, a huge creature (large) appears among the bystanders. A horrible shape, mixing body of a serpent with a woman's torso, covered by numerous streams. Its three pairs of arms handle these demonic chains with pride. Without hesitation, she fires her chains against a strange warrior, armed with a giant sword.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13]

Dudu
2011-09-25, 02:07 AM
WTF os 6 ataques são +31?

Bom, acho que vale rolar uma init antes de qualquer coisa.

[roll0]
================
The grim man takes a beating as hard as he never took before.
But is still standing in his foot, barely.

Andrezitos
2011-09-25, 06:58 PM
WTF os 6 ataques são +31?

Bom, acho que vale rolar uma init antes de qualquer coisa.

[roll0]
================
The grim man takes a beating as hard as he never took before.
But is still standing in his foot, barely.

Quest para 3.0. Estou tentando deixar as coisas mais 3.5...

Beschoren
2011-09-26, 03:42 PM
The ninja turtle prepares to lunch itself into battle.

it moves calmly to the serpent-thing and strike a single, devasting blow.

[roll0]

swift action: activate impaling ability of my spear (next attack is a touch attack)
move action: move in melle range of the creature, flanking. i got reach.
Standard action: Duom attack (touch), with power attack -15/+30
Duom attack (magic, adamantine, piercing, touch) [roll1], damage [roll2]

Andrezitos
2011-09-26, 04:26 PM
After the attack, chaos reaches a new level. screams, people trying to get away from danger, a circle opens around the place. only two individuals seem not to fear the imminent threat.

Now you can roll your initiatives. Dudu is adjacent to the enemy, in melee. If Peter walk straight, he can flank the beast.

(1d20+10)[13]Initiative of the foe.

The devil tries to hinder the swordsman, using its tail of a serpent.
[roll0] [roll1] tail slam
[roll2] grapple
[roll3] Constrict

Dudu
2011-09-26, 05:25 PM
I have to roll the init again? Cause it was 27 in the first time.

Anyway:
Init:

Readied Maneuvers: 12+1(feat)
(x)Adamantine bones
( )Ancient Mountain Hammer
( )Swooping Dragon Strike
( )Devastating Throw
( )Divine Surge
( )Revitalizing Strike
( )Death Mark
( )Ring of Fire
( )Inferno Blade
( )Searing Charge
( )Avalanche of Blades
( )Cloak of Deception
( )Death in the Dark

Free Action: Haste (Boots of Speed)
Swift: Activate Stance Giant
Full round:
[roll1]Maneuver: Adamantine Bones [roll]2d6+23
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Some explanations:
*(dr20/adamantine) for 1 round
all strikes get +1 dmg (blade meditation)
all strikes +2 atk +7dmg (mastery nine)
Falchion 2d4 > Large Falchion 2d6 (giant stance)
Haste effect

Also, I think he's imune to grapple thanks to Freedom of Movement Ring.

Dudu
2011-09-26, 05:27 PM
There was a problem rolling the first damage, so I will reroll:
[roll0]

Andrezitos
2011-09-26, 06:39 PM
The attacks of skilled swordsman, except one did not reach the skin of the devil. Seeing that his attempt to hold it had no effect, she prepared for a new assault using their chains.

The ninja turtle makes his move. His attack was able to reach the skin of the creature. She cries out in pain because of injury.

- Aaaaaaahhh damn maggot! I'll cook you into your own shell.

The characters act in this order: Dudu, Devil and Peter

Dudu
2011-09-27, 11:04 PM
The grim swordsman Motto avoided the grapple... and his death.
Still in his feet, no particulary worse then before, he disapears and strike.

(x)Adamantine bones
( )Devastating Throw
( )Divine Surge
( )Revitalizing Strike
( )Death Mark
( )Ring of Fire
( )Inferno Blade
( )Searing Charge
( )Avalanche of Blades
(x)Cloak of Deception
(x)Death in the Dark

Haste:(x)(x)( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )

Swift: Deceptive Cloak
Full round:
[roll0] maneuver:Death in the Dark*
[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]

Foe makes a fortitude save check DC 26:

Pass save: [roll7]

Fail save: [roll8]

Dudu
2011-09-27, 11:09 PM
Rerolling to confirm the critical

[roll0] [roll1]

ok, d20, you got a new enemy

Andrezitos
2011-09-30, 11:52 AM
A damn worm! Suffer my wrath! Damn barbed chains, I choose you!Using their chains, the demon attacks his opponents.

Three strikes for each one. First, for Dudu.
[roll]2d8+11
[roll]2d8+11
[roll]2d8+11
Pedro
[roll]2d8+11
[roll]2d8+11
[roll]2d8+11

Andrezitos
2011-09-30, 11:59 AM
Rerolling...
Dudu
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
Pedro
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]

Andrezitos
2011-09-30, 12:01 PM
Rerolling...
Dudu
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
Pedro
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]

Confirming the critical:
[roll0]

Beschoren
2011-09-30, 10:56 PM
Zenno gets hit twice, but suffers only avagere wounds. He takes a deep breath and vanishes from sight. after that, he takes on a flurry of spear attacks agaisnt the flanked monster

Swift action: 1 ki use to ruen invisible for 1 round. (invisible attakers recives +2 to attack, acconted for)
Full attack: power attack 5. magic, adamantine, piercing, +2 invisibility, +2 flanking

wepon supremacy: take 10 on attack roll (once per round). total attack: 39, damage [roll0], SA (sneak attack) [roll1]

[roll2], damage [roll3], SA (sneak attack) [roll4]

[roll5], damage [roll6], SA (sneak attack) [roll7]

wepon supremacy: +5 on any attack after first. [roll8], damage [roll9], SA (sneak attack) [roll10]

Dudu
2011-10-02, 03:49 PM
Only one blow hits Motto, and he's still standing.The blood covering his face.
Now he takes a deep breath and attempt a revitalizing strike on target.

(x)Adamantine bones
( )Devastating Throw
( )Divine Surge
(x)Revitalizing Strike
( )Death Mark
( )Ring of Fire
( )Inferno Blade
( )Searing Charge
( )Avalanche of Blades
(x)Cloak of Deception
(x)Death in the Dark
Haste:
(x)(x)(x)( )( )( )( )( )( )( )

Dual Stance:
(x)( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )( )

Swift: Stance Aura of Perfect Order

*Take11 (attack 11+30=41) [roll0] maneuver:revitalizing strike
[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]

Revitalizing strike: [roll7] heals Motto Gamoha

*With aura of Perfect Order I can chose a 11 score at any d20 roll once per round.

off:
f#ck you, d20

Andrezitos
2011-10-02, 06:56 PM
Zenno was able to hit the devil. But she remains standing.

Motto's attack does not affect the offspring of hell. Satisfied with his ability to dodge the blows, she returns to her threatening position.

Before, however, that she could deliver the coup de grace to the swordsman, a picture emerges in the midst of combat.

A cleanshaven human male with short-cropped blond hair and green eyes, wearing a black suit, sneak attack the devil. His attack can penetrate the defense of the monster, but do not cause much damage.

Although the attack does not seem to have it very seriously wounded, the devil seems very concerned about this new intrusion. In the blink of an eye it disappears, leaving only a few drops of blood on the floor.

XP 10800 http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20encountercalculator/

The man seems very concerned about the situation. Without ado, he asks, his tone stern but telling, to the warrior Motto:
- The Cathezar is an agent of a demon lord of the Abyss called Aameul. What have you done to anger a demon lord?

Beschoren
2011-10-03, 08:41 PM
Zenno stands down from his fighitng stance, takes a deep but short breath.... and then seems very relaxed, as if he had jsut left the tea table.

"Well my friend, if you survived that assault such devils really ought to be concerned to have such a hardy foe. You've been traveling way too far from home?" (zenno asks this poiting to the ground, obviously refering to the lower planes were demons and devils reside)

Dudu
2011-10-06, 10:56 PM
Motto, still breathing heavily and also bleeding, takes a moment to talk. [supposing Zenno is talking to him]

"Well, there's no place that I can call 'home' for now. All I know is that I'm pretty rusty, couldn't stand on my own."

Looks the ninja in the eyes for the first time:
"You, jugding by the looks and by the skills, must be Grandmaster Zenno. Well, if ain't my lucky day!"

Dudu
2011-10-08, 12:48 PM
The man seems very concerned about the situation. Without ado, he asks, his tone stern but telling, to the warrior Motto:
- The Cathezar is an agent of a demon lord of the Abyss called Aameul. What have you done to anger a demon lord?
"Honestly, my friend, I don't have the slighest idea. I do collected some enemies since I entered the way of the sword... but demons?"

Motto is still dazed by the recent events

"May I ask your name, sir? Afterall, I owe you one now that you and Zenno saved my skin."

Andrezitos
2011-10-10, 05:57 PM
The newcomer, seems surprised at the situation. He did not expect that someone could be chased by demons without knowing why. The scary crowd begins to approach closely to see the protagonists of furious combat. Curious, they toss out the caution as rats in a trap.

Before the stranger could say anything, the crowd begins to stir again. Not for long, of course, because it is the guard of Waterdeep, and they do not tolerate disobedience. Wearing tunics, with the city seal embroidered on them, dozens of soldiers wielding swords and shields, spears and bows, approach. In front of the group, one figure stands out. A man, probably in his 40s, wearing armor overlaid with an elaborate tunic with a city seal, approaches with stately air. His face shows concern and austerity, but without being aggressive. The crowd opens a corridor between the knight and the warriors.

"What in the name of Tyr, is going on here?"
"You foreigners! Tell me what is the meaning of all this violence."

Meanwhile, the one that had appeared to help fight the monster disappeared. You can only say that he must have mingled with the curious, without making use of skills very striking.

Beschoren
2011-10-10, 08:44 PM
"You, jugding by the looks and by the skills, must be Grandmaster Zenno. Well, if ain't my lucky day!"

"Oh, don't get so excited. i get that a look. Real zenno is 30 foot tall and 10 million years old - at least that's what i heard"

When the guards arrive, Zenno keeps calm - despite being very suspicious of the suddenly vanishing stranger
"My good wandering fellow here was attacked by a demon - a Cathezar no less - wich caused a bit of turmoil between the townsfolk"

"sadly, it escaped"

Andrezitos
2011-10-10, 11:43 PM
"I understand." The Knight replied with a heavy tone, accentuating his worried expression. His responsibility, he thinks, is to maintain order in this city, even though he was a spiritual guide not a soldier. "This is not an appropriate place to discuss the incident. Come with me to the headquarters of Waterdeep. There, we can deal with your injuries and we can better handle the event." Do you feel that his plea was not propelled by candor, but because of impatience.

Beschoren
2011-10-11, 03:44 PM
". Come with me to the headquarters of Waterdeep."

By the looks of the man, it seems like he could have some awnsers

"Fine."

Besides, Zenno had nothing else to do.

Dudu
2011-10-14, 08:56 PM
Motto rather go to a place where a ninja and a spiritual guide can save him in case of sudden demon appearing than everywhere else, for the moment.

"Seems I pissed off some extra planar entity somehow..."
He whispers to himself.

Andrezitos
2011-10-15, 01:19 PM
The knight orders one of his lieutenants, to bring the chariot so that he and the other adventurers can enter. Before long, all three are in it, going towards the barracks. Along the way, the commander asks some questions, including who you are, your name, origin and destination. Apparently, their speech and mannerisms show their dissatisfaction with their activity. "So, we got some time before we get to the barracks. I would really like to know who you are." He removes his helm, a fine piece of equipment, and deposit at his side.

Agora, vocês podem me contar um pouco de tuas histórias. Vocês ainda não estão curados nem tão pouco recarregados.

Beschoren
2011-10-17, 08:26 PM
"My name is Zeeno. I'm just a plain wanderer my good friend. Oh, could I have some tea?"

(sips on tea, if available)

"It has been some years already... Collected quite a few sotries by myself, seen many things on the road... I usually just walk my way, meeting people and admiring the landscape, but it seems trouble finds me quite often.

I became quite the fighter in time, you see. I've leared to wield the Spear as a way of life, a part of my body and my spirit, and I dare say no one wields it better then me - both on skill and purpose"

"Wandering arround for years I've made quite a few enemies, in high and low places. Interplanar interlopers between them.."

Zenno looks perfeclty calm, but sure to keep his spear ready at hand. The evident unhapiness of the guards is quite sad, but also is not the tortle's business.

Dudu
2011-10-21, 08:41 PM
"Call me Motto, or Gamoha, or Motto Gamoha, if you please.
I'm a vagrant, I'm a swordsman and, at least in very recent events, I'm also a damsel in distress"(laughes)

"Now you see. I've run into some fearsome enemies and invaluable allies. But that new menace, those demons. It seems I'm not ready for them. Walked among lots of places. The Valvatian Empire, the Namede continent, Jalavia, Daramyr, one day I will visit the Arcane Mountains, the hell, there are a lot of astounding places in the world."

"Well. As I said, I'm knew as wandering swordsman. But I abandoned the swordslash aspect of myself and embraced the wandering part. It seems it's time to revert to swordslashing. The demon didn't killed me or any of us, too bad for it. And if the last encounter my luck counted more than my skills, I'll make sure stuff will change soon."

Andrezitos
2011-10-30, 10:44 AM
At the end of the short trip, you find yourself in front of the barracks of The City Wacth. The captain orders to some soldiers who were there, to provide care for the players.

"You will remain housed in our quarters until we have clarified these events. I hope you understand that such events may be related to the disease that has afflicted our newly born, and it is my duty to find out if there is any connection. Tomorrow we'll talk more about what happened. Our library can provide some information, and if does not help, we can see the magicians of
the city."

Some servants approach to show the way to the your rooms, or other places like infermary, trainig ground (probably empty) and library (knowledge is power).

If you choose to go out and explore, there are several options of places to go in Waterdeep. Some inns, bars, churches, stores equipment, guilds of mercenaries, practicing arcane schools, whorehouses, sewers, houses of red light, etc. are at your disposal. There is a famous inn called the Yawning Portal, the main access to the dreaded Undermountain.

The night covers the sky and the streets are almost empty. From the gate of the barracks it is possible to spot the upper and wealthy part of the city, the Castle Ward.

You may decide to take other paths. However, the imperative tone of Captain demonstrates that he will not see with good eyes to be upset. It may be prudent obey him.

Dudu
2011-10-31, 09:25 PM
"Well, even though I'm quite curious about the demon, I fell that my combat skills need some honing. I'm going to the training grounds".

Dunno if some tweaks in the build are allowed. But if they are, I want to do now. If they're not, not big problem

Beschoren
2011-11-10, 05:01 PM
"I'll join you Motto." Zenno says, heading for the training grounds. "If they will have us here at elast we may have some sport time"

The tortle also ask for a bit of tea for when he's done

Andrezitos
2011-11-10, 10:08 PM
- As you like. Replies the waiter.

Meanwhile, the captain is already inside the barracks and it's probably taking his armor. The training room is spacious and well equipped. Dolls and wooden weapons, armor padded, plus all items needed to train the soldiers are there. Right in the middle, is a small arena, which is not covered by the roof. At this time, only a few guards can be seen. After you enter the gates closed and locked. Until dawn, access to the building is only by one door, two men guarding it.

After a while, the captain appears, now wearing a robe characteristic of the City Watch:

- I hope you find what you need here. I suggest you take this night to rest well. Tomorrow we will have a full day. Saying this, he bids farewell and retires to his chambers. You may notice the faint light of a chandelier that is projected from under the door.

You can make any changes they deem necessary. I think if you keep the RP, the rest can be changed.

Beschoren
2011-11-11, 07:44 PM
Zenno just keeps a friendly training and pratice several forms with his spear, never showing his ninja supernatural abilities. He tries talking ot the soldiers when they stop to rest - trying to learn of their lives and experiences. He also drinks several tea cups.

After the extensive exercises, he puts himself on his chamber.

(OOC: I'm ok whit my build. I need all those feats and levels to have wepon mastery on the Duom)

Andrezitos
2011-11-18, 08:25 AM
As the night reaches its apex, and you are already asleep, a deep shade (darkness spell)spreads throughout the barracks. Voices start to be spoken through the aisles. At first, only warnings and questions, but then screams of terror can be heard everywhere. You awaken from your sleep, when insistent beats take the place of the silence of your room.

"Wake up, we have a problem and the captain requires your presence. He's waiting for you in the training area."

Dudu
2011-11-18, 09:53 PM
Motto tries to remain calm.

He activates thicken skins, burning 6pp for +3AC for 1 hour and also detect hostile intent, 3pp.

Thicken Skin:
Thicken Skin
Psychometabolism
Level: Egoist 1, psychic warrior 1
Display: Material and olfactory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard
action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 min./level
Power Points: 1
Your skin or natural armor thickens
and spreads across your body, providing
a +1 enhancement bonus to your
Armor Class.
Augment: You can augment this
power in one or both of the following
ways.
1. For every 3 additional power
points you spend, the enhancement
bonus increases by 1.
2. If you spend 6 additional power
points, you can manifest this power as
a swift action.

Detect Hostile Intent:
Detect Hostile Intent
Telepathy [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Psion/wilder 2, psychic
warrior 2
Display: Olfactory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard
action
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30-ft.-radius emanation
centered on you
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 3
While the duration of this power
lasts, you become aware of the presence
of any creatures with hostile intent
within 30 feet of you, and their
direction from you (but not their
specifi c location). The power detects
active aggression, as opposed to vigilance.
For instance, if you walk up
to a door with an assassin behind it,
you sense that hostility is somehow
associated with the door. However,
a soldier assigned to guard the door
would not register.
In addition, while this power is active
you cannot be surprised or caught
fl atfooted by creatures that are susceptible
to mind-affecting powers.
While under the effect of this power,
you can make Sense Motive checks
as a free action against anyone within
30 feet of you.
The power can penetrate barriers,
but 3 feet of stone, 3 inches of common
metal, 1 inch of lead, or 6 feet of
wood or dirt blocks it.

He starts heading to the training area, expecting the worst.

By the way, the char is now updated.

Beschoren
2011-11-18, 11:13 PM
Zenno takes a serious posture for a change, and it's set to join the captain.

Andrezitos
2011-11-25, 06:38 PM
Once you leave the room, you notice that a darkness had taken over of the barracks. (darkness spell). Cautiously you head to the training area. Along the way, just the whisper of the wind reaches your ears. (Send me your avatars)

When you arrive at your destination (if you have night vision or something of the sort) perceive the silhouette of the Captain in the middle of the arena, holding a torch. He looks a lot smaller without his armor. Even at this distance (20ft), you notice that he seems nervous, restless and apprehensive. Once he notices you, he yells: "Who goes there?"

Beschoren
2011-11-25, 07:37 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlvAzaa3S49s_Jyevdn4QUul771eS13 iXBuogyW2I1nlHzwuX4vxO9KsG9

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlvAzaa3S49s_Jyevdn4QUul771eS13 iXBuogyW2I1nlHzwuX4vxO9KsG9

Zenno tries to move arround carefully, between whispers and magical shadows, not to let his guard down at any moment

"Easy captain" says zenno, starting to feel concerned for the man's state of mind "Motto and I just got called. What is going on?"

Dudu
2011-12-04, 05:17 PM
Motto stays silent.

http://k.minus.com/jbzESN6wpgAxgg.png