PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Shadow Conjuration/Evocation

navar100
2011-09-20, 11:21 PM
My gut is telling me the answers are no, but I have these nagging questions anyway.

1) Could I use Shadow Conjuration/Evocation to duplicate a spell as a prerequisite for creating a magic item?

2) Could I cast the spells as a metamagicked Conjuration/Evocation provided the level adjustment doesn't make the spell a higher level than Shadow Conjuration/Evocation could do.

3) Could 2) be yes if I had the metamagic feat?

4) Could 2) be yes if I applied the metamagic feat to Shadow Conjuration/Evocation itself but then I could apply the normal level limit of the Conjuration/Evocation spell?

5) Unrelated question: With Craft Wand could I create a wand of a spell if I don't have access to the spell accepting the +5 DC spellcraft check? Similar with Craft Staff.

Infernalbargain
2011-09-21, 12:07 AM
1) Strictly speaking, it depends. As long as you aren't casting the spell yourself it works.

A spell prerequisite may be provided by a character who has prepared the spell

So it has to be that particular spell and shadow conjuration is not mount. However, just about any other source of it will work.

or through the use of a spell completion or spell trigger magic item or a spell-like ability that produces the desired spell effect

Shadow conjuration will produce the spell effect of mount, but not the mount spell. Though this is hairsplitting on the level that says that oracles don't have to spend full round actions to cast metamagic spells.

2) No. Maximized magic missile is not a spell on any sorc / wiz list.

3) No. Same as Above.

4) I'm not quite sure that you're asking. If you want to pull off a maximized magic missile off of shadow evocation, then you need to spend an 8th level slot on maximized shadow evocation.

5) No. Those are spell trigger items therefore you can't cheat past them.

navar100
2011-09-21, 11:06 AM
Ok, thanks.