PDA

View Full Version : Help Building Zato-1/Eddie from Guilty Gear *3.P*

Tokuhara
2011-09-21, 09:02 AM
Hey y'all. In appx a month, my group will be starting a new campaign that plans on going from 1-20. He said for each player to find a creative concept. And being a fan of "big Z" since my first delve into Guilty Gear (iirc, it was X), I thought: There's a great idea.

So here's the basics:
Zato is blind, but sees through Eddie, a symbiotic being, can manipulate eddie, who in turn manipulates shadows into a physical form, works as an assassin (head of the guild), and later in the series, Eddie "consumes" Zato, becoming the dominant personality.

My questions are:

1. Is this even possible in a 3.5/PF hybrid
2. If so, how would it be done? Zato is sort-of human

Thanks to everyone who posts

Legendairy
2011-09-21, 09:37 AM
Use the mental stats of Eddie (the forbidden beast) Use possession and say hes an extremely minor shadow demon for fluff, play the character as both then later on just say he takes over. No change nothing too difficult. If you are wanting the actual stats for the creature that takes him over then you have alot more to do. You could fluff it away when you take a prestige class.

As far as the build type, from what little I know it would seem like Swordsage could be fitting.

If you are wanting more specific things let me know I'll do some research on specifics.

Tokuhara
2011-09-21, 09:44 AM
Use the mental stats of Eddie (the forbidden beast) Use possession and say hes an extremely minor shadow demon for fluff, play the character as both then later on just say he takes over. No change nothing too difficult. If you are wanting the actual stats for the creature that takes him over then you have alot more to do. You could fluff it away when you take a prestige class.

As far as the build type, from what little I know it would seem like Swordsage could be fitting.

If you are wanting more specific things let me know I'll do some research on specifics.

Wouldn't Eddie be a symbiote to Zato, in a similar way that Venom is to Eddie Brock, just that Eddie isn't a suit? Because "they" could almost be a pseudo-gestalt, with Eddie being demon levels and Zato being a swordsage/whatever?

Legendairy
2011-09-21, 12:57 PM
Yeah, that would seem more fitting. That mostly depends on your DM tho I mean is he going to play Eddie or Zato or are you playing as both? You may have to homebrew something, or if thats what you are asking I could possibly look some things up later? The issue is going to be if you have full control over your character and his parasite or is the DM going to take partial control at times?

Edit: I'm also not too keen on the gestalt build stuff so not my cup-a-tea

Tokuhara
2011-09-21, 01:55 PM
Yeah, that would seem more fitting. That mostly depends on your DM tho I mean is he going to play Eddie or Zato or are you playing as both? You may have to homebrew something, or if thats what you are asking I could possibly look some things up later? The issue is going to be if you have full control over your character and his parasite or is the DM going to take partial control at times?

According to him, I will be in total control. Eddie will advance in monster levels, while I get stronger. Since we have access to PF and 3.x, what should I do?

Legendairy
2011-09-21, 04:53 PM
Sounds awesome, what level will you be starting out at and I'll see if I can work something out. I don't have much PF stuff so you may want to do that on your own.

For Zato I still say swordsage to start with.

Tokuhara
2011-09-21, 06:26 PM

According to him, I will be in total control. Eddie will advance in monster levels, while I get stronger. Since we have access to PF and 3.x, what should I do?

Arutema
2011-09-21, 07:35 PM
Have you checked out the Synthesist Summoner from Ultimate Magic? It's a normal human/elf/whatever that fuses with a powerful outsider.

Tokuhara
2011-09-21, 07:37 PM
Have you checked out the Synthesist Summoner from Ultimate Magic? It's a normal human/elf/whatever that fuses with a powerful outsider.

So Synthesist Summoner + Dark Shadow Demon = win?

Arutema
2011-09-22, 01:09 AM
You can customize the fused creature (called an eidolon) in any way you want within the limits of its evolution points. The uncreative typically go for lots of arms to wield manufactured weapons. I'm not familiar with GG, but you should find something on the list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/eidolons) that suits your character.

Tokuhara
2011-09-22, 08:26 AM
You can customize the fused creature (called an eidolon) in any way you want within the limits of its evolution points. The uncreative typically go for lots of arms to wield manufactured weapons. I'm not familiar with GG, but you should find something on the list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/eidolons) that suits your character.

Eddie's full list of abilities:

Malleable form: Allows him to create blades, bludgeons and piercers that act on Zato's command.
Living Armor: Eddie can envelop Zato with his own body to allow gliding as well as temporary armor
Shadow Transportation: Eddie (leaving the game and focusing on story) can strike anyone from a shadow. So Zato could "command" Eddie to send a portion of himself to a building's shadow and strike a guy from behind

Frosty
2011-09-22, 10:28 AM
Both Eddie and Zappa can be modeled fairly well as Synthesis Summoners. Zappa just prefers to use his Summon Monster SLA until he gets pissed and then he summons his Eidolon Raul and theny ou lose the fight.

Tokuhara
2011-09-22, 07:40 PM
Both Eddie and Zappa can be modeled fairly well as Synthesis Summoners. Zappa just prefers to use his Summon Monster SLA until he gets pissed and then he summons his Eidolon Raul and theny ou lose the fight.

Yea, Zappa is cheated