PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Additions {please critique} <<<FINAL VERSION>>

Kenneth
2011-09-21, 03:40 PM
I have retooled the paladin for my campaign world and Just want your opinions on this. I am not including the stats block becuase that is unchanged from the original, instead i will be just showing teh abilities I have given the paladin.

Class Skills
The paladin’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis),Intimidate (cha), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Points at 1st Level
(4 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level
4 + Int modifier.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Paladins are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).
Aura of Good (Ex)
The power of a paladin’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to his paladin level.
Holy Champion(Su)
A paladin becomes a conduit for the power of his god. He deals an extra 1 point of damage per Paladin to any and all Undead, Evil Outsiders, or any thoroughly corrupted being(as determined by the DM)
Detect Evil (Sp)
At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell.
Smite Evil (Su)
Twice per day, a paladin may attempt to smite evil with one normal melee attack. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per paladin level. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.
At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: The Paladin, to a maximum of eight times per day at 19th level.
Divine Grace (Su)
At 5th level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
Lay on Hands (Su)
Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (his own or those of others) by touch. Each day he can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to his paladin level × his Charisma bonus + his Wisdom bonus. A paladin must to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action. Every six levels thereafter the Paladin may Lay On Hands one additional times per day
Alternatively, a paladin can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The paladin decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.
Aura of Courage (Su)
Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of his gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
This ability functions while the paladin is conscious, but not if he is unconscious or dead.
Divine Health (Ex)
At 3rd level, a paladin gains immunity to all non-magical diseases
Divine Feat
At 3rd level, a paladin gains a bonus divine feat and an additional bonus Divine feat every five levels afterwards.
Turn Undead (Su)
When a paladin reaches 4th level, he gains the supernatural ability to turn undead. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. He turns undead as a cleric of three levels lower would.
Spells
Beginning at 4th level, a paladin gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells, which are drawn from the paladin spell list. A paladin must choose and prepare his spells in advance.
To prepare or cast a spell, a paladin must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a paladin’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the paladin’s Wisdom modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a paladin can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Paladin. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score. When Table: The Paladin indicates that the paladin gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Wisdom score for that spell level The paladin does not have access to any domain spells or granted powers, as a cleric does.
A paladin prepares and casts spells the way a cleric does, though he cannot lose a prepared spell to spontaneously cast a cure spell in its place. A paladin may prepare and cast any spell on the paladin spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.
Through 3rd level, a paladin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, his caster level is one-half her paladin level.
Special Mount (Sp)
Upon reaching 5th level, a paladin gains the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve her in her crusade against evil. This mount is usually a heavy warhorse (for a Medium paladin) or a warpony (for a Small paladin).
Once per day, as a full-round action, a paladin may magically call his mount from the celestial realms in which it resides. This ability is the equivalent of a spell of a level equal to one-third the paladin’s level. The mount immediately appears adjacent to the paladin and remains for 2 hours per paladin level; it may be dismissed at any time as a free action. The mount is the same creature each time it is summoned, though the paladin may release a particular mount from service.
Each time the mount is called, it appears in full health, regardless of any damage it may have taken previously. The mount also appears wearing or carrying any gear it had when it was last dismissed. Calling a mount is a conjuration (calling) effect.
Should the paladin’s mount die, it immediately disappears, leaving behind any equipment it was carrying. The paladin may not summon another mount for thirty days or until he gains a paladin level, whichever comes first, even if the mount is somehow returned from the dead. During this thirty-day period, the paladin takes a -1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Remove Disease (Sp)
At 6th level, a paladin can produce a remove disease effect, as the spell, once per day. He can use this ability one additional time per day for every four levels after 6th.
Code of Conduct
A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act.
Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
Holy Might (Su)
At 12th level a Paladin gains the ability to for a number of rounds per day equal to twice his Paladin level to surround his weapon in pure holy force, causing it to deal an additional 1d8 points of holy damage.
Faith (Su)
At 14th level, a paladin's weapons are treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. Any attack made against an enemy within 10 feet of him is treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.
This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead.
Sanctification (Su)
At 20th level a Paladin can wrap himself in holy energy, making him resistant to most spell effects. The Paladin gains Spell Resistance equal to 5+ his Paladin level+ Charisma bonus (if any). Allies within 10 feet of the paladin gain Spell Resistance equal to Half this amount (rounded down).
This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead.
Auras (Su)
The Paladin exerts an effect on allies in his vicinity. He can learn to produce different effects, or auras, over the course of his career. The Paladin may only project one aura at a time.
Projecting an aura is a swift action. The aura remains in effect until the Paladin uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura. A Paladin can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the Paladin takes his first turn.
An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher to gain the bonus. A Paladin's aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be ,seen, heard or understood by his allies.

2nd level-Daring: give allies within 10 feet a +1 sacred bonus to AC as well as a +3 sacred bonus to HP
3rd level- Might: gives allies within 10 feet a +2 sacred bonus to Strength or Constitution
5th level- Perseverence: gives allies within 10 feet resist 5 to a Particular element ( Acid, cold, electricity, or fire)
7th level - Retribution: enemies who damage allies within 10 feet suffer 5 points of holy damage.
Greater Might: gives allies within 10 feet a +4 sacred bonus to Strength or Constitution
9th level-Bravery: give allies within 10 feet a +3 sacred bonus to AC as well as +28 sacred bonus to HP
11th level- Greater Perseverence: gives allies within 10 feet resist 12 to a particular element (acid, cold, electricity, or fire)
15th level- Chastise: enemies who damage allies within 10 feet suffer 10 points of holy damage.
17th level- Valor: gives allies within 10 feet a +5 Sacred bonus to AC as well as a +50 sacred bonus to HP

Kenneth
2011-09-21, 08:03 PM
ugh.. 31 visits and not one reply this must either be perfect or more lilely made of fail :(

Garryl
2011-09-21, 09:54 PM
A table might draw more comments. It helps show how everything fits together.

Adding the Paladin's Wisdom modifier as a flat bonus to the total Lay on Hands healing per day isn't going to amount to much past the first few levels, especially since only 4th-level spellcasting means you don't need much of it anyways. Did you mean to add it per Paladin level like the Charisma modifier instead? Regardless, the mention of using it "additional times per day" is almost meaningless because the limitation is still on the total amount healed per day. All it does is let the Paladin spread it around over the day (which the PHB Paladin can already do).

With Divine Grace moved to 5th level, the 2nd level is kinda weak.

The bonus feats need to start at 4th level, or Turn Undead needs to come by 3rd level. All Divine feats require turning of some sort, so you probably don't actually qualify for any until 4th level anyways.

Holy Might might as well be constant. It's not too powerful. By the time you get it, you can use it for 24 rounds/day, anyways (easily enough for 5-6 encounters, or about 25% more than you can expect to use even in extreme cases).

Sanctification suffers from Spell Resistance's problems: It makes it harder for you to be healed and buffed, but doesn't impede the more worrisome spells that come your way. Letting it be lowered and raised without an action (preferably even while the Paladin is unaware or cannot act) makes it a good thing instead of a hindrance. Giving half your SR to your allies is useless at that level. Assuming you have a Charisma of 34, that means an SR of 37 for you and 18 for your allies. Casters 3 levels below you won't even have to roll to bypass it.

How do the Auras interact with Aura of Good and Aura of Courage? The ability says you can only project one aura at a time, you see.

Acid, cold, electricity, and fire (and sonic) are energy types, not elements. The elements are air, earth, fire, and water.

Greater Might needs a level.

How do Daring, Bravery, and Valor work with regards to the granted hit points? Are they temporary hp (lost first and don't stack with other temp hp; slightly exploitable as the auras can easily be turned off and on again to refresh any lost temporary hp gained through them)? Or are they like the hit points granted by an increased Constitution score (lost last and may cause you to die when they disappear if you're at low enough hp; see the Barbarian's Rage class feature for a fuller description).

Perseverance is spelled with an 'a', not an 'e' near the end. There may be other typos.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-21, 09:57 PM
You need a table.

{table=head]#|#|#
1|2|3
4|5|6
7|8|9[/table]

{table=head]#|#|#
1|2|3
4|5|6
7|8|9[/table]

Plus you need to list the abilities in the order of the level you get them at.

Kenneth
2011-09-21, 10:28 PM
my bad i left out some stuff in regards to Sanctification. It only applies to detrimental spells abilities and effects. so no need to worry about that needed heal getting through.

and the the paladin's Lay on hands formual is as follows, Level (Wis+Cha)

so a 6th level Paladin with a wis of 14 and a cha of 16 heals for 6(2+3) or 30 hit points when he uses his lay on hands. a lot more than same standard 3.5 paladin can at level X Cha. {6x3=18}
so lets just say in this exaple we have 2 different level 20 paladins. one using my Lay on hands and the othe rusing standrad D&D lay o Hands. each paladin has the same stats 14 Wis. and a 20 Cha

Standard 20X5=100 points they can spread out throughout the day
Mine 20(2+5)= 140 points must use all 100 at one time. but able to be use 4 seperate times per day. so a total of 560 points of healing

and I call them elemtal rsiatnce beauce each one is tied to a particualr element in D&D lore. Fire = fire Cold= water Acid = Earth Electricity = Air
If you noticed I left out Sonic as you are correct it is just an energy type. the former though have a subset of sorts of their own as they are not just energy type but also elemental types as well.

Greater Might is at 7th level as it is there at 7th level Maybe I need to make that more clear

I moved divine grace to go against quick 'dips' as they are known

Aura of Good and Aura of Courgae are completely seperate form each other Aura. maybe you missed that the Auras are a totally different mechanic and listed under a different ability altogether. and Aura of good isn't really even an Aura it just a psyci readin type of aur of the HEY IM REALLY REALLY GOOD kind of aura.

and for Valor and the rest I ives them HP. not Temp HP, so think of it as HP gained via teh feat Toughness as long as the paladin has that particular Aura up, you have the increased AC and HP and as soon as teh paladin swicthes to anew one or becomes unconsous you lose those Hit Points.

as for the Divine feats most but not ALL require turn undead. there are ones that allow an extra smite per day, an extra lay on hands per day, and others.

also I have never even came close to the while 4 encounters per day rule that Wizards made. a typical 'day' for my party has anwhere between 8 to 25 encounters. its more closerly 2nd ed in that regard, and contrary to what you might think My players survive and thrive under that. it requires them to come up with cunning plans and gives them a bit more 'uh oh' worry that standard 3rd does for PCs

Kenneth
2011-09-21, 11:17 PM
Yeah I SUCK at doing tables I literally takes me about 10+ hours to go one that was another reason why I didn't put it down. I never though you would need to see teh table of stats to make judgemenst on the abilities. I just assumed (wrongly it turns out) that having everyting else stay teh same on teh paladin was good and that one would just need the abilities to pass judgement on, not the base attack, saves or spell progression.. but alas. I am wrong LOL story of my life.

Level BAB Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special 1 2 3 4
1 +1 +2 +0 +2 Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 2/day, Holy Champion, — — — —
2 +2 +3 +0 +3 Lay On Hands, Auras — — — —
3 +3 +3 +1 +3 Divine Health, Aura of Courage, Divine Feat — — — —
4 +4 +4 +1 +4 Smite Evil 3/day 0 — — —
5 +5 +4 +1 +4 Divine Grace, Mount 1 — — —
6 +6 +5 +2 +5 Remove Disease 1/day 1 — — —
7 +7 +5 +2 +5 Smite Evil 4/day 1 0 — —
8 +8 +6 +2 +6 Lay On Hands 2/day, Divine Feat 2 1 — —
9 +9 +6 +3 +6 2 1 — —
10 +10 +7 +3 +7 Smite Evil 5/day, Remove Disease 2/day 2 1 0 —
11 +11 +7 +3 +7 2 2 1 —
12 +12 +8 +4 +8 Holy Might 3 2 1 —
13 +13 +8 +4 +8 Smite Evil 6/day, Divine Feat 3 2 1 0
14 +14 +9 +4 +9 Faith, Lay On Hands 3/day, Remove Disease 3/day 3 2 2 1
15 +15 +9 +5 +9 4 3 2 1
16 +16 +10 +5 +10 Smite Evil 7/day 4 3 2 1
17 +17 +10 +5 +10 4 3 2 2
18 +18 +11 +6 +11 Remove Disease 4/day, Divine Feat 4 4 3 2
19 +19 +11 +6 +11 Smite Evil 8/day 5 4 3 2
20 +20 +12 +6 +12 Sanctification, Lay On Hands 4/day 5 4 3 3

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-21, 11:52 PM
{table=head]Level| BAB| Fort Save | Ref Save| Will Save| Special|1|2|3|4
1| +1 |+2 |+0 |+2| Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 2/day, Holy Champion, |— |—|— |—
2| +2| +3 |+0 |+3 |Lay On Hands, Auras| —|—|— |—
3| +3 |+3 |+1 |+3 |Divine Health, Aura of Courage, Divine Feat |— |— |—| —
4| +4 |+4 |+1 |+4 |Smite Evil 3/day |0 |— |— |—
5| +5 |+4 |+1 |+4| Divine Grace, Mount |1 |— |—| —
6| +6 |+5 |+2 |+5 |Remove Disease 1/day |1 |— |— |—
7| +7 |+5 |+2 |+5 |Smite Evil 4/day |1 |0 |— |—
8| +8 |+6 |+2 |+6 |Lay On Hands 2/day, Divine Feat |2 |1 |— |—
9| +9 |+6 |+3 |+6 ||2 |1 |— |—
10| +10 |+7 |+3 |+7 |Smite Evil 5/day, Remove Disease 2/day |2 |1 |0 |—
11| +11 |+7 |+3 |+7 ||2 |2 |1 |—
12| +12 |+8 |+4| +8| Holy Might |3 |2 |1 |—
13| +13 |+8 |+4 |+8 |Smite Evil 6/day, Divine Feat |3 |2 |1 |0
14| +14 |+9 |+4 |+9 |Faith, Lay On Hands 3/day, Remove Disease 3/day |3 |2 |2| 1
15| +15 |+9 |+5| +9 ||4 |3 |2 |1
16| +16 |+10 |+5 |+10 |Smite Evil 7/day| 4|3| 2| 1
17| +17 |+10 |+5 |+10 ||4 |3 |2 |2
18| +18 | +11| +6 |+11| Remove Disease 4/day, Divine Feat| 4|4| 3| 2
19| +19 |+11 |+6 |+11 |Smite Evil 8/day |5 |4 |3 |2
20| +20 |+12 |+6 |+12| Sanctification, Lay On Hands 4/day |5|4| 3 |3 [/table]

Here, it was a hell of a lot of coding, but it should do the trick. I don't know what's wrong with the 2nd spell level column, but I went through and tried to fix it, it didn't work.

Just quote my post, copy and paste, and boom. Table.

Edit: Alright, after posting I saw what was wrong with the whole thing and fixed it. Table's perfect now.

Garryl
2011-09-22, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=Kenneth;11893855]Yeah I SUCK at doing tables I literally takes me about 10+ hours to go one that was another reason why I didn't put it down. I never though you would need to see teh table of stats to make judgemenst on the abilities. I just assumed (wrongly it turns out) that having everyting else stay teh same on teh paladin was good and that one would just need the abilities to pass judgement on, not the base attack, saves or spell progression.. but alas. I am wrong LOL story of my life.

It's not so much the BaB and saves as it is (for me, at least) seeing graphically when each new ability comes online and thus what you are getting at each new level. It makes it easier to see things like dead levels, breakpoints, and the general growth and evolution of the class.

Roderick_BR
2011-09-22, 10:38 AM
I don't think people really needs tables, just having it come in order would be good enough. Even a pseudo table (a list, for example) would be good.
Some suggestions:

What about trading Holy Champion for an ability to "recharge" your smites in between battles?

Lay on hands doesn't look better with a small Wis mod bonus if you need to burn it all at once, even if you get a few extra uses. Two suggestions:
1. You can heal a total of (Cha mod bonus + Wis mod bonus, minimum 1 for each) x level.
2. Look up how lay on works in pathfinder. It gives you a number of dice to roll that increases with level AND the number of uses increases as well, becoming very useful at higher levels.

I believe Divine Feat means the [Divine] feats, so you don't need Divine Might, as it can be bought as a feat.

Do us all a favor and get rid of Remove Disease. Change it to a spell in his spell list and he can use it from wands and scrolls.
Since you have auras (I do believe it is based on the Marshall's, right?) you can use it in place of Remove Disease.
They are a nice passive boost for allies. Btw, the bonuses apply only for allies? Since the paladin has way more abilities than Marshalls, he doesn't really need the bonuses himself, benefiting more from having boosted allies around.

Santification is a temporary anti-magic shell, right? You could add DR to it as well. Is it a constant ability? Can be turned off to receive spells from allies?

Also keep the high Will bonus. Paladins really deserve it.

drakir_nosslin
2011-09-22, 12:22 PM
Dead levels are dead. Give them something nice, like a parrot, or a shiny new helmet.

Lord Vampyre
2011-09-22, 01:06 PM
and for Valor and the rest I ives them HP. not Temp HP, so think of it as HP gained via teh feat Toughness as long as the paladin has that particular Aura up, you have the increased AC and HP and as soon as teh paladin swicthes to anew one or becomes unconsous you lose those Hit Points.

If they are actual Hit Points, then the other characters technically take damage when the Paladin falls unconscious. The whole point of temporary hit points is that characters lose those points first without affecting their actual hit points. Temporary hit points are just all together better in this case.

Also, you should have the radius of the auras increase with level. A flat 10 feet is extremely restrictive for most combat situation that are not in a dungeon. The least it should be is 5 feet per level of the Paladin.

Kenneth
2011-09-22, 03:54 PM
WoW.. thanks for doing a table neoseraphi, you real;ly didn't have to but I really apprecitate it.

I have feats that allows a Paladin to increase the radius on his Auras and yes.. its a Divine feat :smalltongue:

Will make teh HP from teh auas temporary HP

and will be changing Holy Might to 1 minute a paladin level, but must be used in 1 minute increments.

And the inspiraton from paladin auras comes form diablo LOL not so much the marhal. Infact that is an area I would like to expand upon a bit like adding 2 or 3 new Auras.

Kenneth
2011-09-25, 01:46 PM
PALADIN

{table=head]Level| BAB| Fort Save | Ref Save| Will Save| Special|1|2|3|4
1| +1 |+2 |+0 |+2| Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 2/day, Holy Champion, |— |—|— |—
2| +2| +3 |+0 |+3 |Lay On Hands, Auras| —|—|— |—
3| +3 |+3 |+1 |+3 |Divine Health, Aura of Courage, Divine Feat |— |— |—| —
4| +4 |+4 |+1 |+4 |Smite Evil 3/day, Divien Inspiration |0 |— |— |—
5| +5 |+4 |+1 |+4| Divine Grace, Mount |1 |— |—| —
6| +6 |+5 |+2 |+5 |Remove Disease 1/day |1 |— |— |—
7| +7 |+5 |+2 |+5 |Smite Evil 4/day |1 |0 |— |—
8| +8 |+6 |+2 |+6 |Lay On Hands 2/day, Divine Feat, Divine Inspiration |2 |1 |— |—
9| +9 |+6 |+3 |+6 ||2 |1 |— |—
10| +10 |+7 |+3 |+7 |Smite Evil 5/day, Remove Disease 2/day |2 |1 |0 |—
11| +11 |+7 |+3 |+7 ||2 |2 |1 |—
12| +12 |+8 |+4| +8| Holy Might, Divine Inspiration |3 |2 |1 |—
13| +13 |+8 |+4 |+8 |Smite Evil 6/day, Divine Feat |3 |2 |1 |0
14| +14 |+9 |+4 |+9 |Faith, Lay On Hands 3/day, Remove Disease 3/day |3 |2 |2| 1
15| +15 |+9 |+5| +9 ||4 |3 |2 |1
16| +16 |+10 |+5 |+10 |Smite Evil 7/day, Divine Inpsiration| 4|3| 2| 1
17| +17 |+10 |+5 |+10 ||4 |3 |2 |2
18| +18 | +11| +6 |+11| Remove Disease 4/day, Divine Feat| 4|4| 3| 2
19| +19 |+11 |+6 |+11 |Smite Evil 8/day |5 |4 |3 |2
20| +20 |+12 |+6 |+12| Sanctification, Lay On Hands 4/day, Divine Inspiration |5|4| 3 |3 [/table]

Class Skills
The paladin’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis),Intimidate (cha), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Points at 1st Level
(4 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level
4 + Int modifier.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Paladins are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).
Aura of Good (Ex)
The power of a paladin’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to his paladin level.
Holy Champion(Su)
A paladin becomes a conduit for the power of his god. He deals an extra 1 point of damage per Paladin to any and all Undead, Evil Outsiders, or any thoroughly corrupted being(as determined by the DM)
Detect Evil (Sp)
At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell.
Smite Evil (Su)
Twice per day, a paladin may attempt to smite evil with one normal melee attack. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per paladin level. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.
At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: The Paladin, to a maximum of eight times per day at 19th level.
Divine Grace (Su)
At 5th level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
Lay on Hands (Su)
Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (his own or those of others) by touch. Each day he can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to his paladin level × his Charisma bonus + his Wisdom bonus. A paladin must to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action. Every six levels thereafter the Paladin may Lay On Hands one additional times per day
Alternatively, a paladin can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The paladin decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.
Aura of Courage (Su)
Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of his gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
This ability functions while the paladin is conscious, but not if he is unconscious or dead.
Divine Health (Ex)
At 3rd level, a paladin gains immunity to all non-magical diseases
Divine Feat
At 3rd level, a paladin gains a bonus divine feat and an additional bonus Divine feat every five levels afterwards.
Turn Undead (Su)
When a paladin reaches 4th level, he gains the supernatural ability to turn undead. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. He turns undead as a cleric of three levels lower would.
Spells
Beginning at 4th level, a paladin gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells, which are drawn from the paladin spell list. A paladin must choose and prepare his spells in advance.
To prepare or cast a spell, a paladin must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a paladin’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the paladin’s Wisdom modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a paladin can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Paladin. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score. When Table: The Paladin indicates that the paladin gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Wisdom score for that spell level The paladin does not have access to any domain spells or granted powers, as a cleric does.
A paladin prepares and casts spells the way a cleric does, though he cannot lose a prepared spell to spontaneously cast a cure spell in its place. A paladin may prepare and cast any spell on the paladin spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.
Through 3rd level, a paladin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, his caster level is Paladin Level -4, Minimum caster level 1.
Divine Inspiration: (Ex) at 4th level a Paladin may add a single cleric spell from the abjuration, conjuration [healing], evocation, or transmutation schools, or a single spell with the [Good] descriptor, to his spell list. This spell must be of a level equal to or lower than the highest he can cast, and must not have the death, evil, or mind-affecting descriptors. He may add another spell to his spell list, subject to the same restrictions, at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th levels.
Special Mount (Sp)
Upon reaching 5th level, a paladin gains the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve her in her crusade against evil. This mount is usually a heavy warhorse (for a Medium paladin) or a warpony (for a Small paladin).
Once per day, as a full-round action, a paladin may magically call his mount from the celestial realms in which it resides. This ability is the equivalent of a spell of a level equal to one-third the paladin’s level. The mount immediately appears adjacent to the paladin and remains for 2 hours per paladin level; it may be dismissed at any time as a free action. The mount is the same creature each time it is summoned, though the paladin may release a particular mount from service.
Each time the mount is called, it appears in full health, regardless of any damage it may have taken previously. The mount also appears wearing or carrying any gear it had when it was last dismissed. Calling a mount is a conjuration (calling) effect.
Should the paladin’s mount die, it immediately disappears, leaving behind any equipment it was carrying. The paladin may not summon another mount for thirty days or until he gains a paladin level, whichever comes first, even if the mount is somehow returned from the dead. During this thirty-day period, the paladin takes a -1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Remove Disease (Sp)
At 6th level, a paladin can produce a remove disease effect, as the spell, once per day. He can use this ability one additional time per day for every four levels after 6th.
Code of Conduct
A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act.
Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
Holy Might (Su)
At 12th level a Paladin gains the ability to for a number of minutes per day equal to his Paladin level to surround his weapon in pure holy force, causing it to deal an additional 1d8 points of holy damage. This must be used in 1 minute increments
Faith (Su)
At 14th level, a paladin's weapons are treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. Any attack made against an enemy within 10 feet of him is treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.
Sanctification (Su)
At 20th level a Paladin can wrap himself in holy energy, making him resistant to most spell effects. The Paladin gains Spell Resistance equal to 5+ his Paladin level+ Charisma bonus (if any),to any and all harmful or detremental spells, spell like abilties, or spell effects. . Allies within 10 feet of the paladin gain Spell Resistance equal to Half this amount (rounded down). In addition the Paladin also gains DR 4/-.
Auras (Su)
The Paladin exerts an effect on allies in his vicinity. He can learn to produce different effects, or auras, over the course of his career. The Paladin may only project one aura at a time.
Projecting an aura is a swift action. The aura remains in effect until the Paladin uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura. A Paladin can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the Paladin takes his first turn.
An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher to gain the bonus. A Paladin's aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be ,seen, heard or understood by his allies.
While Aura of Good and Aura of Courage are always active, a Paladin may only have one other aura active at any time.
2nd level-Daring: give allies within 10 feet a +1 sacred bonus to AC as well as a +3 sacred temporary bonus to HP
3rd level- Might: gives allies within 10 feet a +2 sacred bonus to Strength or Constitution
5th level- Perseverence: gives allies within 10 feet resist 5 to a Particular element ( Acid, cold, electricity, or fire)
7th level - Retribution: enemies who damage allies within 10 feet suffer 5 points of holy damage.
Greater Might: gives allies within 10 feet a +4 sacred bonus to Strength or Constitution
9th level-Bravery: give allies within 10 feet a +3 sacred bonus to AC as well as +28 sacred temporary bonus to HP
11th level- Greater Perseverence: gives allies within 10 feet resist 12 to a particular element (acid, cold, electricity, or fire)
15th level- Chastise: enemies who damage allies within 10 feet suffer 10 points of holy damage.
17th level- Valor: gives allies within 10 feet a +5 Sacred bonus to AC as well as a +50 sacred temporary bonus to HP

Lord Vampyre
2011-09-26, 07:28 PM
WoW.. thanks for doing a table neoseraphi, you real;ly didn't have to but I really apprecitate it.

I have feats that allows a Paladin to increase the radius on his Auras and yes.. its a Divine feat :smalltongue:

And the inspiraton from paladin auras comes form diablo LOL not so much the marhal. Infact that is an area I would like to expand upon a bit like adding 2 or 3 new Auras.

With Diablo being the reference point you should really have the auras increase naturally. Feat economy is one of the most important points of any character in 3.5. If the class is designed to waste his feats on extending his aura it makes it harder for him to compete with other classes at the same tier level

If they are homebrew feats that are designed to work with this class, then you should post them. This will increase the percieved power level of the class we are evaluating. Also, it will give us a better picture of the range of possibilities this class is capable of.