PDA

View Full Version : O Bastião da Alma Quebrada - FDP

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Beschoren
2012-04-23, 08:51 PM
ouch. gerrard casts close wounds as an immediate action right before reciving that sound lance [roll0]. he had 12 temporary hp tanks to amulet of tears.

he is at 13/60. that close wounded saved his life. (he could not cast close wounds on Ratof on time because a single blow blasted the poor wizard to nothing. he went from uninjuried to dead)

I'm pretty sure the bear will drop. any remaning arrow attacks are directed to Kidd

Dudu
2012-04-24, 11:00 PM
SCRIPTURES

Goblins saves agains glitterdust blind effect:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
"My eyeeeees!!!"

Rich, could you tell me what is a partial defense?

Pedro, I don't think glitterdust can help with mirror image (it won't for me, btw). As in mirror image description:
An
image’s AC is 10 + your size modifier +
your Dex modifier. Figments seem to react
normally to area spells (such as looking
like they’re burned or dead after being hit
by a fireball).
Glitterdust is an area spell. But honestly, not a big "nerf" when your enemy is blind anyway.

All of you: Could you keep track of your prepared spells? This isn't just nitpick, I'm pretty sure you won't cheat. However, with the prepared spells I can know if the party is "tired" (like spent everything) and don't pull an "super epic slime ambush" which would be painful.
It's quite easy if you do like I do. Just copy from previous post and make the necessary modifications (like spell spent in that round.)

Chimaera
2012-04-25, 09:33 AM
I'll keep my spells as a spoiler in the end of my messages.
Partial defense is fighting defensively, but i read now that you can only od it if you attack and i guess casting spells can't be considered an attack at all. You get a +2 AC bonus and -4 attack penalty when fighting defensively.

Beschoren
2012-04-25, 10:17 AM
I'll keep my spells as a spoiler in the end of my messages.
Partial defense is fighting defensively, but i read now that you can only od it if you attack and i guess casting spells can't be considered an attack at all. You get a +2 AC bonus and -4 attack penalty when fighting defensively.

yeah, you can't fight defesensively unsless, hum, you actually fight defensevely.

you could fight defensively with touch attacks, i guess, but you can't just chose to do so like on combat expertise.

I'll put Tanstafaal's sheet on sig and keep track of spells from there.

Chimaera
2012-04-25, 10:39 AM
I forgot how to upload images here haha
Can someone help me? There was something about google picasa or something i guess..

Beschoren
2012-04-25, 09:34 PM
saves vs net of shadows (will DC 22)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

saves vs grese ref DC 16
[roll8]
[roll9]

save VS hexblade curse will DC 16
[roll10]

cofirming kid's crit:
[roll11], damage [roll12]

Dudu
2012-04-25, 09:42 PM
cofirming kid's crit:
[roll11], damage [roll12]
My bad.

But really. WTF? Is that the 5th critical or something? The rolls of Kidd's attacks in this combat and the orcs saves are too high.

edit: Not that I'm complaining, though.

Beschoren
2012-04-25, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure adrian had an AoO but i forgot mentioning it...
I'll roll for an AoO that will be generated as well (to speed-up play)

adrian AoO: [roll0], damage [roll1]
androzio AoO: [roll2], damage [roll3]

Beschoren
2012-04-25, 09:52 PM
adrian crit on AoO... [roll0], damage [roll1]

Chimaera
2012-04-25, 10:02 PM
4 orcs saved aggainst my net of shadows T.T
And 1 round duration only, damn.
This is truly not a good day for ilusionists.

Chimaera
2012-04-25, 10:27 PM
Foritude save aggainst sound lance:
[roll0]

Just one assassin hit Nebehed... oh wait, just a copy of him.
Remaining copies: 3

Question: is there any chance the sound lance hit a copy?

Edit: Nebehed's life (17/64)
Edit2: Stoneskin (70/80)

Dudu
2012-04-26, 07:24 PM
Don't forget the +3 bonus to all saves that you got from Sofia's Legion Conviction. This one wasn't dispelled yet.

Chimaera
2012-04-27, 11:57 AM
Even with +3 i would fail the save, but next time i'll count it

Beschoren
2012-04-27, 03:29 PM
save vs net of shadows W DC 22
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

vs old grease:
[roll8] DC 10
[roll9] DC 16

vs new grease:
[roll10] DC 16
[roll11] DC 16
[roll12] DC 16
---------------------------
[roll13] DC 10
[roll14] DC 10
[roll15] DC 10

[roll16] DC 16
[roll17] DC 16
[roll18] DC 16

Dudu
2012-04-27, 07:51 PM
JALAVIA

Kidd missed the AoO

the other attack was a crit.

Confirm:
[roll0] [roll1]

SCRIPTURES

Concentration check for shaman DC19
[roll2]

Chimaera
2012-04-28, 10:18 AM
JALAVIA

Nebehed's first critical treat!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-04-29, 08:41 AM
confirming the crits for adrian:
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

Andrezitos
2012-05-01, 01:35 AM
two things:
hey pedro, can we make the char changes now? my chars are very unfun to play compared to what i thought, specialy de blackguard. the dwarf can stay the way he was, however i can think in some intersthing changes (trade the warblades lvs for fighters lvs or another psclass like fist of the forest).

another thing: that's for you, pedro and dud, i still waiting for your actions in my campaing. i want to agroup all of you into a single group as soon as possible.

Andrezitos
2012-05-02, 11:52 AM
What do you think of changing the distribution of values ​​drawn in our games? As it stands, each value is equally likely to happen, which to me is a bit fictional. We can roll the dice in excel or R, using a function that generates data with normal distribution, ie, values ​​closer to the average are more likely to happen.

Dudu
2012-05-02, 12:03 PM
Or just roll 3d6. It has the same effect.

In tabletop, it's sorta of a pain in the ass to roll 3d6 all the time because you have to count. Here, it's exactly the same thing as rolling 1d20, in terms of easiness.

I guess it's the DM call.

Dudu
2012-05-02, 12:04 PM

In tabletop, it's sorta of a pain in the ass to roll 3d6 all the time because you have to count. Here, it's exactly the same thing as rolling 1d20, in terms of easiness.

Andrezitos
2012-05-02, 12:10 PM
What good will bring it? The values ​​are still drawn from a uniform distribution (random).

Andrezitos
2012-05-02, 12:16 PM
What good will bring it? The values ​​are still drawn from a uniform distribution (random).

Beschoren
2012-05-02, 12:45 PM

we tried that once, actually

it was disaproved not because of the tireness of rolling extra dice, but because the unvariated results. it came out to be boring, as the same results would repeat over and over. We could try again, but I won't use that on Jalavia for now

BUT I've been thinking on other juicy thingy: use the defense bonus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/defenseBonus.htm) and armor as DR (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/armorAsDamageReduction.htm) variants. I use it on my other game and it turns out very nice. touch attacks are less effective and stun/blindness/loss of Dex on AC are more effective.

basicly, armor gives DR very little AC. Your actual AC will depend on your class and level instead.

Armor bonus AC and defense bonus AC does not stack

the defense bonus is considered a dodge bonus. You lose the defense bonus if you are flat-foted. deal?
----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: you can change your charather's sheets now. each PC gains 2600 xp! (gerrard gains 3940 since he's lv 6)

Chimaera
2012-05-02, 02:27 PM
About the Another World Campaign, I have already rolled the saves and the search checks and i'm waiting the results.

About the normal distribution, i can say with experience that it make things like critcal more rare, unless you have a huge critical treat, which makes you have lots of critical hits per round. You'll end up almost all th times getting averages results which can mean death in some cases (if you ahve to get a for will save or die it's way though to save) or almost automatic sucess (for the lower dcs saves you'll probably pass).

Chimaera
2012-05-02, 02:51 PM
I found the armor bonus as dr and bonus to ac for levels interesting and worthy a try.

Andrezitos
2012-05-03, 02:31 PM
AC/DR variant sounds good.

Dudu
2012-05-03, 02:59 PM
Do you realize that it's the exact same thing as you proposed, right?

You put that it's a uniform distribution because it's random. Well, a bell curve is still random and it's not uniform. Both are not completely random, with the intermediate values more likely to happen.

For example, the chance of achieving 3 in 3d6 (the minimun) is NOT equal of achieving 6, for example. To achieve 3 you need that all the dice hit 1, the chance to happen is 1/216 (for comparison, the 1d20 minimun probability is 1/20, which as bit obvious, but much higher anyway). To achieve 6, all dice can be 2, but maybe two of them are 1 and the other is 4. There are many ways to reach 6 in 3d6 while there is only one to reach 3. This translates to a bell curve (curva normal). Of course, what aplies to the minimum also aplies to the maximun, so criticals are also more rare.

But it won't happen in Jalavia, according to Pedro. Won't happen in Scriptures too. The randomness of 1d20 is quite thrilling and help blurring the odds. There is a variant where the 1 in 1d20 is not automatic miss, but the equivalent of a -10 value. This helps when the subject has way to much attack bonus and the target has low AC. So he hits whatever d20 he got. The same for skill checks and whatever d20 check. This effect only applies when the character have too much bonus and the challenge is small, but helps making matters faster, which is always good in the forum.

About the AC/DR variant. I also like it. I don't know if I'll put it in Scriptures, though, since the Vanguard already have some dr. But it may prove interesting in other campaigns. I believe the AC/DR shift only works for armors, dex bonus would still apply to AC. AC would be something like doging attacks, which would happen less frequently.

Chimaera
2012-05-03, 08:52 PM
Ill give the armor/dr and ac bonus a tryy at Cinco Pontas.
I gues it'll make battles more epic aggainst dragons and stuff.

Dudu
2012-05-06, 02:30 AM
Sofia was update.

Lost a good amount of spell know. +2 in intelligence. Changed her power words.

Before she got +2 bonus on dex checks and +2 cl and could use DEX to determine spells per day.
Now she gets +2 bonus on int and wis checks and twice a day can use a metamagic effect by burning turning attempts. Very similar to Divine Metamagic, but DM requires 7 turns to persist and you could use as long as you had turn attempts, this feature burns 6 instead of 7 but you can only use twice.

Lost her Iron Glare stance (the one that granted -4 on attacks) very useful, but she'll get a bit later. Knowledge checks now are higher (like very very high).

To check her spell list (in Mythweavers sheet, at my signature) every level she achievers she gains 2 cleric spells (pretty much like a wizard). So, in the spell list, there's at least 4 cleric spells (not from domain) that were free. The rest are from scrolls.

Her alignment changed from LG to LN. Just because I don't like good or evil characters.

Andrezitos
2012-05-07, 07:08 PM
I have a proposal: what do you think of each player to use only one of their characters at every turn? This would reduce the extra turns that players have in relation to the enemy, but without constraining the possibilities of action of each player. For example, I have to choose between using the Warden and Hexguard each turn. If I want, I can use any number of times a character over another, according to what is most convenient for each situation.

Dudu
2012-05-07, 07:13 PM
I don't see your point, Andre.

I do, however, have another proposition. To give, at least temporaly, the control of Gerrard to Rich. That way, each one of the players will have 2 chars to control.

And maybe, retire Gerrard definitely and let Rich choose another char. The pary will have 6 chars, each player with 2 of them. What do you think?

Andrezitos
2012-05-07, 07:26 PM
My intention is to reduce the number of turns that players have access. At this point each player is entitled to two rounds because it controls two characters. Thus the level of the group will decrease because, despite having two characters in the command, we use only one at a time.

Chimaera
2012-05-07, 09:03 PM
My proposal is a little more drastic:
retire the whole npcs, letting only gerrard (since we do need a healer)
the more npcs, the less xp we get, the more loot we divide.
i guess that by now we are already in our definitive build or close to it.
the most npcs the less fun we have and the slower the game become.
That's my opinion, i guess with nebehed as the party mage, gerrard as suppport healer and you two as melee combatents, it will be enough.
but i accept having control over gerrard if you guys want to keep the other npcs. If i had to make a npc myself it would be a bard or rogue... just saying.

Dudu
2012-05-08, 04:27 PM
(ooc: just tho remember, andros get +5 in the knpwledge rolls because he have colector of storyes skill trick. )
First: Purely ooc posts are supposed to be posted here. Our shared thread of ooc.

Second: The bonus is already there: +5. Your normal is +10 in dungeoneering (oozes are under this category, even though they aren't aberrations).

Third: The local knowledge check won't receive the +5 since you're not testing your knowledges about the creature itself, but about the tactics used by duergars.

Dudu
2012-05-08, 04:31 PM
Yeah, the NPCs should leave. The party that's venturing in Moria (6 in total) is already big and efficient, we don't need too much more. Tofar and Ratof are now extra weight. They were fundamental when it was just Kidd and the Warden. They are not that fundamental now since we have 2 more casters.

It's Pedro call.

Andrezitos
2012-05-08, 05:02 PM
(ooc: just tho remember, andros get +5 in the knpwledge rolls because he have colector of storyes skill trick. )
First: Purely ooc posts are supposed to be posted here. Our shared thread of ooc.

Second: The bonus is already there: +5. Your normal is +10 in dungeoneering (oozes are under this category, even though they aren't aberrations).

Third: The local knowledge check won't receive the +5 since you're not testing your knowledges about the creature itself, but about the tactics used by duergars.

poit take it.
about the cheks, i will use your local check result (plus 5) in my knowledge dovtion skill check agiast the duergars.

Dudu
2012-05-08, 05:38 PM
about the cheks, i will use your local check result (plus 5) in my knowledge dovtion skill check agiast the duergars.
Well, this you can do.

Beschoren
2012-05-08, 08:37 PM
By now it will be useless a metalic sword for adrian, but after we can divide the loot equally.

Androzio already burned his rage for today and adrian already spent his spell, but still have tree curses. HP is full and the odds at our side. i think we should keep hunting down the remaning aberrations.

by the way, adrian is using a master work scimitar. he could use some magical longsword, or at least a short one.

arrrgh keep this kind of stuff in the FDP thread too please

Chimaera
2012-05-08, 09:55 PM
This is the FDP thread ._.

Dudu
2012-05-08, 10:29 PM
SCRIPTURES

Reflex saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Beschoren
2012-05-08, 10:31 PM
This is the FDP thread ._.

except it was originaly psoted in the IC thread :smallfurious:

Chimaera
2012-05-09, 08:06 AM
Oh i see the point now.
Sorry :P

Andrezitos
2012-05-14, 04:05 PM
initiative chart of Another world campaign:
cypher (dudu) [roll0]
big rats [roll1]
rat swarms [roll2]

the order:
baast
enemys
strange nacked androgenous dude (allways after the enemys)
pedro and dudu.

Chimaera
2012-05-16, 09:40 AM
My brother Kevin is willing to join us in the forum. Can he make a character in your campaigns? He'll be on mine and will appear soon.

Beschoren
2012-05-16, 11:02 AM
My brother Kevin is willing to join us in the forum. Can he make a character in your campaigns? He'll be on mine and will appear soon.

good! of course he can!

for jalavia: lv 8, 32 point buy, max hp/hd

I am having a bit of delay because of my diablo III copy phd project.

Chimaera
2012-05-17, 11:21 AM
If noone complain, i guess ill make the same as dudu in his campaign and rll the initiatives in mycampaign. I'll keep the last ones for this combat, but the next will be me rolling.

Kevinho
2012-05-21, 08:14 AM
I have a doubt, does anyone knows anything about combat expertise and fighting defensively? I took a look and there's nothing saying combat expertise is equal to fighting defensively

Andrezitos
2012-05-21, 08:32 AM
Hey dudes. I grew tired of my own campaing and think that i'm not the only one. So, i came here to propose another one, final fantasy 7 like one. No tome of battle classes, two flaws (one physical and one pscyck), 32 points, GESTALT (just for the fun) and lv1. No cultural constraits e and some homebrew magics. What you think?

Kevinho
2012-05-21, 08:37 AM
I'm in.Does Gestalt have any restriction? Is the flaws mandatory?

Andrezitos
2012-05-21, 08:45 AM
I'm in.Does Gestalt have any restriction? hmm world shaters builds will not be adequate. And deathwithonespell builds too. If you kil my boss with a single standart action, a thunder could hit you int he croutch, just saying.

Chimaera
2012-05-21, 11:10 AM
I'm also in. Guess I'll make a something funny haha

Beschoren
2012-05-21, 07:54 PM
innitiatives

kid [roll0]
sofia [roll1]
adrian [roll2]
androzio [roll3]
nehebed [roll4]
gerrard [roll5]
monsters: [roll6]

Andrezitos
2012-05-22, 08:58 AM
i'm thinking of use some equipments of d20 modern books, in my new campaing. the handfirearms are crossbows on steroids (at least 2d4 of damage) and the longarms are like early wizards spells. what i have no idea how to adjust its the price tags (in the books are given in purchase dc, nonsense). any sugestions? (obtive os livros via torrent, facim facim)

Chimaera
2012-05-22, 10:38 AM
What books you got? I'll see if i get them and will try to help.

Kevinho
2012-05-22, 06:35 PM
Andrezitos, is there any restriction about Vows [Book of Exalted Deeds], such as vow of poverty? And is there any restriction about races?

Andrezitos
2012-05-22, 07:05 PM
Andrezitos, is there any restriction about Vows [Book of Exalted Deeds], such as vow of poverty? And is there any restriction about races?

well, i think there is no harm in these rules. what yoou are planing to do with all the wealth the party will get trought the quest?

Kevinho
2012-05-22, 07:08 PM
I was thinking to share the wealth in equal pieces and then donate my part. And there's more interesting vows besides poverty.

Andrezitos
2012-05-22, 07:20 PM
follow the 3.5 d&d oficial stuff rule and everything it's gonna be okay.

Kevinho
2012-05-22, 07:23 PM
Well, in that case, I think I have my character sheet. It'll be a fighter/monk with vow of poverty, and in the future, vow of nonviolence and vow of peace

Kevinho
2012-05-23, 12:37 PM
My character sheet for andrezito's campaign is done

Chimaera
2012-05-23, 10:33 PM
My character is also ready for Andrezitos' Campaign
He will be named Hooke and will be a paladin/fighter mounted hero.

Andrezitos
2012-05-24, 01:23 PM
My character is also ready for Andrezitos' Campaign
He will be named Hooke and will be a paladin/fighter mounted hero.

Ok, now that we have at least two players, we can start the new campaing. i think i'll make some skirmish first.

Beschoren
2012-05-24, 03:39 PM
Ok, now that we have at least two players, we can start the new campaing. i think i'll make some skirmish first.

I'd love to join but i'm a bit overwhelmed with posting! might help andré playing the monsters or seeting/palying the villains

Chimaera
2012-05-25, 08:23 AM
And here is Parn, the character for andre's campaign:

Parn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=404283)

Kevinho
2012-05-25, 01:54 PM
My character sheet for Torneio de Jalavia is ready, please take a look at Notes in character sheet. Besides what's noted there, I am Invisible due to my invocation "Walk Unseen" [See Spoiler]. And I roll my init:

Init [roll0]

Walk Unseen:
Least; 2nd
You gain the ability to fade away from view. You can use Invisibilty(self only) as the spell (PH 245), except that the duration is 24 hours.

Kevinho
2012-05-25, 01:57 PM
Something wrong with my init

Init [roll0]

Andrezitos
2012-05-26, 12:26 PM
hey guys, this the link of my new campaing. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13293090#post13293090

Kevinho
2012-05-29, 12:18 AM
My avatar for Andrezito's campaing

http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/core$images$units$undead-necromancers$adept.png

Chimaera
2012-05-29, 12:22 AM
Parn's iamge is already in the char sheet (Andre's campaign) and here is my avatar also:

http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/core$images$units$human-loyalists$paladin.png

Chimaera
2012-05-29, 01:03 PM
can you guys post some avatars for my campaign? I'll post the map after i get them

Andrezitos
2012-05-29, 04:23 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-05-30, 07:49 AM
can you guys post some avatars for my campaign? I'll post the map after i get them
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.6/pics/01232_wolfling.png

Andrezitos
2012-05-30, 11:48 AM
Parn blocks the attack with his shield and attack the shield dude (the one he's flanking). "What a waste of smite evil!"

Sword:
[roll0]
[roll1]

rich, the shieldude are not flancked. in his turn he maked 5ft to avoyd just that. i will substrate -2 from your attack roll.

Trip touch attack missed again. Demoralize resist check: [roll0]

kevin, try to post only actions, or comments with at least one action (move, attack and so on), in the campaig thread. and you are shaken (-2 atk, saves and skill checks) for the next turn, you little freightened girl.

Beschoren
2012-05-30, 12:29 PM
confirm critical vs warden:
[roll0], damage[roll1]
[roll2], damage[roll3]

Kevinho
2012-05-30, 01:28 PM
In the Torneio of Jalavia, do I have to respect the init order [wait for my allies to act first, or I can consider we have the same init?].

Beschoren
2012-05-30, 02:24 PM
In the Torneio of Jalavia, do I have to respect the init order [wait for my allies to act first, or I can consider we have the same init?].

no, just post you actions when you can. they kick in as you post.

Kevinho
2012-05-30, 03:21 PM
Chaindude: Trip attempt agaist Mikosa: (1d20+4)[23](1d20+7)[21]

Axedude: Attack Mikosa, in the balls: (1d20+7)[10](1d20+7)[26]

Trip resist: [roll0]

The damage from axe dude is 1d20+7 ?

Anyway, the axedude attack misses me even if the trip attempt success

Kevinho
2012-05-30, 03:38 PM
Re: As Cinco Pontas
Tom enjoys his flank position and full attack the dragon.

Combat Expertise [2]

Attack 1: (1d20+15)[34] Damage: (2d6+5)[12] Sneak Attack: (4d6)[11]

Attack 2: (1d20+10)[20] Damage: (2d6+5)[13] Sneak Attack: (4d6)[12]

And says: I'm a dragonslayer too, and I've been looking for you adventurers.

Confirm critical attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-05-30, 04:26 PM
Confirm critical attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

what kind of rapier are you using? 2d6? LoL

Beschoren
2012-05-30, 04:41 PM
balance check [roll0], DC 10 (action still from previous round)

splaft

Kevinho
2012-05-30, 04:49 PM
It's Deadly Defense, see spoil for further information.

Rich told me that this extra 1d6 don't double in critical. So I'll roll again the extra damage from critical.

Damage: [roll0]

Deadly Defense
You are at your most dangerous when forced to protect
yourself.
Benefit: When fighting defensively, you deal an extra
1d6 points of damage with any light weapon or with any
weapon to which the Weapon Finesse feat applies (such
as a rapier, spiked chain, or whip).
This feat’s benefit applies only when you are unarmored
or wearing light armor and not using a shield.
Special: If you have the Combat Expertise feat, you also
gain the benefit of Deadly Defense when taking a penalty
of at least –2 on your attack roll from that feat.
A fighter can select Deadly Defense as one of his fighter
bonus feats (PH 38).

Andrezitos
2012-05-30, 09:07 PM
[roll0][roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-05-30, 10:01 PM
[roll0][roll1]

anyone else is having trouble with posting? this forum sucks...

Beschoren
2012-05-31, 07:39 PM
will save DC 21
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

edit: about time nehebed has luck on his sells. rolled firebreath ref ond esk, all fail

Kevinho
2012-05-31, 07:57 PM
(1d20+1)[18]

A strange sound break the tranquility of the night. Two explosion erupt in the center of the campfire. The light hurt your eyes (fortitude DC8 negate, or blind for 1 round) and the burst of sound it's deafening (fort DC8 negate, or deaf for 1 round). The explosion throw some debris at the slowest (reflex DC 8 half, or (2d2)[4]). After that, the attackers appears. They are as shorty as children and dress leather cloths, from head to toe. They are know as the children of the desert, a group of raiders shorty in stature and temper.

the situation: around you the other travelers are in panic, loocking for a way to flee. as they try, many are cacth by raiders weapons. for those who are up to fight, like you, the night will be long. From all the attackers, five put their efforts agaist you.

Fort x Blind: [roll0]
Fort x Deaf: [roll1]
Refl: [roll2]

Init: [roll3]

Chimaera
2012-05-31, 08:23 PM
FF-like:
Fort: [roll0] (Deafness)
Fort: [roll1] (Blindness)
Refl: [roll2] (Damage)

Andrezitos
2012-05-31, 08:57 PM
Overwhelmed by such assault the "powerful" dragon fall dead.
There you stand in the forest: the dwarven trio and the misteryous elf.
The dragonmages can try to draw magic from the dragon: he got 2 mage armos, 2 grease, 2 solid fog and 2 cone of cold.

how we do that? :smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2012-05-31, 09:02 PM
roll 1d20+level
(you got +2 if have arcana 5)

dc is 10+spell level

Andrezitos
2012-05-31, 09:05 PM
roll 1d20+level
(you got +2 if have arcana 5)

dc is 10+spell level

rolling [roll0] i want those mage armors for meeeee

Chimaera
2012-05-31, 09:26 PM
I found another friend who wants to join the group. Is there any problem?

Beschoren
2012-05-31, 09:37 PM
I belive it's fine by me but too many players greatly slow down the posting. he could enter jalavia after we're down with the lodestone marauder side-quest.

Chimaera
2012-05-31, 09:40 PM
What if we make some rules about posting? like posting at least once in every two or three days? and leave some dice rolls to the master (like inititiative, spot, listen, etc)?

Andrezitos
2012-05-31, 09:43 PM
I found another friend who wants to join the group. Is there any problem?

If it's realy needed i can choose between one of my chars and eliminate the other (the warden).

Chimaera
2012-05-31, 09:50 PM
He can play at my campaign only if it would bring problems for the rest.

Beschoren
2012-05-31, 10:04 PM
oh back in jalavia sure you'll have to remove one of the "sidekicks". too many PCs and too messy to roleplay.

5 players is still good, but mroe than that and the game might suffer

Kevinho
2012-06-03, 09:54 AM
Case 1: 5-ft step and coup-de-grace if anyone at melee with me fall asleep.

Damage: (4d4+12)[23]

Case 2: Full attack against the child at F3:

Fachion: Attack: (1d20+5)[11] Damage: (1d6+2)[5] [roll0]

Tail: Attack: (1d20)[20] Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

Case 2 only if Case 1 is not possible.

I've made something wrong with my damage roll of my falchion, it is 2d4+6 the damage, but I rolled 1d6+2... look at the FDP for the damage roll and the critical damage confirm.

Falchion Real Damage: [roll1]

Confirm Critical: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Andrezitos
2012-06-03, 10:37 AM
[roll0]Axe
[roll1]morning
[roll2]sword failed!
[roll3]flail failed!
[roll4]hammer

Andrezitos
2012-06-03, 02:32 PM
He can play at my campaign only if it would bring problems for the rest.
in my campaign too.

Andrezitos
2012-06-03, 10:11 PM
(Sorry for the long wait, had some studying to make)

Dudu and andre: I'll need dudu and andre to post their draws checks at bastião das almas quebradas and let me know which spells they will take.

i already rolled at

rolling (1d20+7)[26] i want those mage armors for meeeee

Andrezitos
2012-06-03, 10:18 PM
New out of campaing tread. use it for my campaings. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245367

Beschoren
2012-06-04, 09:28 PM
I might be need and replacement player in one of my older campaings

in a low-magic world, a group of slaves gain magic powers after a strange dream. after revolting and killing agaisnt their immediate captors, they decice to build a resistence and oppose the evil rulers of the land. by now they have a solid camp, 9 trained followers and are exploring some ruins before rading another slave camp. gestalt.

one of the players had serious RL issues and had to leave. if someone is willing to play his charather, then you might join the game.

The PC is named Kanros, a rougue8//bard8 more turned to tricks and subterfuge than insane attack bonus. the inspire courage thing is making a hell of a difference in battle and I won't like to see that side of the gelstat changing.

the game with this group is not as "goffy" as we normally do, so endless silly metagamic things might not suit very well. We also try to keep organized, so lazy/poor/messy posting is also desincoraged.

so if anynoe is intrested in playing just post the PCs here and I'll chose the more fitting one. backstory is kind of all the same but you can adjust the personality and one side of the gestalt. only human, 40 point buy, no itens.

Chimaera
2012-06-05, 12:32 PM
Can there be vow of poverty? :smalltongue:
and prestige classes?
good alignment i guess, right?
I'll make something nice, and wil try to maintain the bard side of gestalt, maybe use my Dragonflutist npc from the Cinco Pontas.

Edit: and what about flaws? or variants?

Edit2: the main idea is this Edgar the Rebelion Singer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408249).

My 2nd chopice would be a monk/ninja (just for the fun)

Chimaera
2012-06-09, 10:32 AM
Pedro:
You rolled a 1d30 to save my Phantasmal Killer against the shaman in the Jalavia.
Can you reroll the dice and let me know if he died or not? also, i guess if he died he didnt raised that fallen.

Beschoren
2012-06-09, 11:03 AM
Pedro:
You rolled a 1d30 to save my Phantasmal Killer against the shaman in the Jalavia.
Can you reroll the dice and let me know if he died or not? also, i guess if he died he didnt raised that fallen.

:smallsigh:

will [roll0] fort [roll1]

well he is flat DEAD and the little fallen does not get up at all!

Kevinho
2012-06-10, 08:16 AM
Kidd makes a sneaky attack of oportunity. sofia keeps full defense

(1d30+13)[22], damage (1d3+6)[8] + (3d6+8)[15]

Then flanks with the warden
(1d30+11)[20], damage (1d3+6)[8] + (3d6+8)[19]
(1d30+11)[14], damage (1d3+6)[7] + (3d6+8)[18]
(1d30+6)[24], damage (1d3+6)[7] + (3d6+8)[23]

Adrian managed to scare the hell out of some fallen
Androzio kills one fallen
The draconic creature damages all 3 fallen and drops one of them
The shaman try to resist nehebed's spell (will (1d30+8)[12] fort (1d30+7)[29]) and barely manages it, taking 10 points of damage

Actually you rolled a lot of d30

Andrezitos
2012-06-11, 07:28 PM
adrian critical treat: [roll0][roll1]

Beschoren
2012-06-11, 09:58 PM
Actually you rolled a lot of d30

:smallsigh:

well, blast it. kidd was very likely to kill in a a flank anyway. posting IC by thuesday

Chimaera
2012-06-13, 02:59 PM
Confirming critical (wing attack aggainst androzio, Cinco Pontas):
[roll0] damage: [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-06-13, 06:18 PM
galuff confirm critical

mw harpoon:[roll0], damage [roll1]

Beschoren
2012-06-13, 08:27 PM
jalavia

saves vs fire breath
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

vs net of shadows
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

vs shaken
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Kevinho
2012-06-13, 09:27 PM
As cinco Pontas:

Confirm Critical Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Kevinho
2012-06-13, 09:34 PM
O Torneio de Jalavia (IC)

Kevinho
2012-06-13, 10:12 PM
As Cinco Pontas:

Comfirm critical attack 2: Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-06-14, 09:17 AM
Heyy pedro
I was loocking the info about master thrower and have a few questions:
1) how galluf have +11 in his trip attempts? in the description of the trick, they say you have to use your dex +4 agaist the trip resistance check of the opponent.
2) rapid shot need 13 of dex, rigth?
3) by the way that are described the ability in complete warrior, the trip shot seens to be a one standart action. The diferences for the normal trip attempt are: is a normal attack (not a touch one), you must be at least 5ft away and you have to use your dex mod +4 (not str).

Chimaera
2012-06-14, 10:29 AM
Wing crit hit vs Androzio (Cinco Pontas)
[roll0] dmg: [roll1]

Edit: waste of 20's.

Kevinho
2012-06-14, 05:01 PM
Comfirm Critical Attack 1 and 2:

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Beschoren
2012-06-14, 07:38 PM
legion of sentinels AoOs

[roll0], damage [roll1]
[roll2], damage [roll3]
[roll4], damage [roll5]
[roll6], damage [roll7]
[roll8], damage [roll9]

Heyy pedro
I was loocking the info about master thrower and have a few questions:
1) how galluf have +11 in his trip attempts? in the description of the trick, they say you have to use your dex +4 agaist the trip resistance check of the opponent.
2) rapid shot need 13 of dex, rigth?
3) by the way that are described the ability in complete warrior, the trip shot seens to be a one standart action. The diferences for the normal trip attempt are: is a normal attack (not a touch one), you must be at least 5ft away and you have to use your dex mod +4 (not str).

let's see

Trip Shot: A master thrower with this ability may use a
thrown weapon to make a trip attempt against an opponent
farther than 5 feet away. The character makes a normal attack
against the opponent with a thrown weapon. If the attack
succeeds, in addition to doing damage as normal, the master
thrower makes a Dexterity check with a +4 bonus opposed
by the opponent’s Dexterity check or Strength check (whichever
ability score has the higher modifi er). Other modifi ers
may apply on this opposed check (see page 158 of the Player’s
Handbook). If the master thrower wins the opposed check, the
opponent is tripped. The benefi t of this ability does not stack
with the benefi t of the Improved Trip feat.

1) I would use +5 form strenght, +4 from Master Trower bonus and +2 form stonefoot stance. but i misread the info at my 1º reading, as it says i must use my des and only the foe may chose between dex or str. i leave it to the DM as galuff has brutal trow (str on ranged attacks)

2) oops. true and true. DM?

3) a normal attack is not "attack as a standard action"

Beschoren
2012-06-14, 08:06 PM
galuff ref vs cold: [roll0]

crap

Chimaera
2012-06-14, 09:41 PM
I'll allow you to use your str since you've got brutal throw, otherwise it would be a little broken and will ruin the harpoon magic.

Beschoren
2012-06-14, 10:24 PM
I'll allow you to use your str since you've got brutal throw, otherwise it would be a little broken and will ruin the harpoon magic.

at any rate, I had 13 int. now i have 13 dex \o/

EDIT: i think i may have time to join andré's campaing. i've just read IC tread and you're about to enter the children of the dust territory, right?

I might be some random dude trying to sneak in/out as well, for payback/bouty. I'm considering having an ultimate swordfighter: fighter//rougue-with-bonus-feats-instead-of-sneak-attack (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411861)

feat progression may still vary wildly, but i should stick to whirlind attack, sword-and-shield, and defensive feats. I'll be a warrior to fight many foes at once!

Andrezitos
2012-06-15, 07:50 AM
legion of sentinels AoOs

let's see

Trip Shot: A master thrower with this ability may use a
thrown weapon to make a trip attempt against an opponent
farther than 5 feet away. The character makes a normal attack
against the opponent with a thrown weapon. If the attack
succeeds, in addition to doing damage as normal, the master
thrower makes a Dexterity check with a +4 bonus opposed
by the opponent’s Dexterity check or Strength check (whichever
ability score has the higher modifi er). Other modifi ers
may apply on this opposed check (see page 158 of the Player’s
Handbook). If the master thrower wins the opposed check, the
opponent is tripped. The benefi t of this ability does not stack
with the benefi t of the Improved Trip feat.

3) a normal attack is not "attack as a standard action"

yes, normal attack accouts for the "touch" part. the "trip atempt" (at least, for me) means a standart action. any way, its DMs call.

at any rate, I had 13 int. now i have 13 dex \o/

EDIT: i think i may have time to join andré's campaing. i've just read IC tread and you're about to enter the children of the dust territory, right?

I might be some random dude trying to sneak in/out as well, for payback/bouty. I'm considering having an ultimate swordfighter: fighter//rougue-with-bonus-feats-instead-of-sneak-attack (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411861)

feat progression may still vary wildly, but i should stick to whirlind attack, sword-and-shield, and defensive feats. I'll be a warrior to fight many foes at once!

look this: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fighters%27_Handbook_By_Dictum_Mortuum_%283.5e_Opt imized_Character_Build%29

about gestalt characters

A gestalt character can’t combine two prestige classes at any level, although it’s okay to combine a prestige class and a regular class.
Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations—such as
the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight—should
be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes, because they unduly
complicate the game balance of what’s already a high-powered
variant. Because it’s possible for gestalt characters to qualify for
prestige classes earlier than normal, the DM is entirely justifi ed
in toughening the prerequisites of a prestige class so it’s available
only after 5th level, even for gestalt characters

rogue/fighter variante seens to be one of those prestige class. what yo think?

Andrezitos
2012-06-15, 08:16 AM
adrain criticals (jalavia campaign)
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

Andrezitos
2012-06-15, 11:28 AM
So, Pedro will play with us? I will wait for pedro and richards friend replay. after that the campaig continues.

Chimaera
2012-06-15, 11:44 AM
I'll talk to him tonight.

Andrezitos
2012-06-15, 01:42 PM
Stwart makes a 5-ft. step to D3 and spit its fire as a line of 30 ft. long, affecting E4 and G6.

Fire Breath DC 25, Damage: [roll0]

Edit: Status: 95/121 (If attack is magic) or 97/121 (due to my 2/magic DR)

kevin, adrian moved to F5, right in the middle of your fire breath. another thing, adrian probably killed G6 falen, thatfore landing some hits in the E4 too. perhaps you should focus in the E4 falen.

Kevinho
2012-06-15, 03:49 PM
kevin, adrian moved to F5, right in the middle of your fire breath. another thing, adrian probably killed G6 falen, thatfore landing some hits in the E4 too. perhaps you should focus in the E4 falen.

If that's the case, I will direct my fire breath only against E4 fallen.

Beschoren
2012-06-15, 07:06 PM
woops

Harpoon: The harpoon is a broad-bladed spear forged
with barbs. The shaft of the harpoon has a trailing rope
attached to control harpooned opponents. Though designed
for hunting whales and other large sea creatures, the harpoon
can be used on dry land.
If it deals damage, the harpoon lodges in an opponent
who fails a Refl ex saving throw (DC 10 + the damage dealt).
A harpooned creature moves at only half speed and cannot
charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding
on an opposed Strength check while holding it, the
harpooned creature can move only within the limits that
the rope allows (the trailing rope is 30 feet long). If the harpooned
creature attempts to cast a spell, it must succeed on
a DC 15 Concentration check or lose the spell.
The harpooned creature can pull the harpoon from
its wound if it has two free hands and takes a full-round
action to do so, but it deals damage to itself equal to the initial
damage the harpoon dealt. A character who succeeds
on a DC 15 Heal check can remove a harpoon without
further damage.

let's leave it like that for now (even if the +2 bonus from the charge attack is the difference between hit and miss on this last attack) but I'll try to remind it later.

foruns all over both curse and bless the harpoons so ultimatetly it is up to the DM, i'll paste his judgement on my sheet

Chimaera
2012-06-15, 07:17 PM
Your enxt attacks can make it harpooned.
I forgot and so did you, so let's just ignore and keep on using the rules now.

negochops
2012-06-15, 07:23 PM
chimara, can you make a new map with new locations?

Chimaera
2012-06-15, 07:29 PM
i just posted the map in my post.

Beschoren
2012-06-17, 08:48 PM
FF-like

Sorry i had forgotten to subscribe IC and had not really introduced "myself"

Chrono is a true neutral fighter//rougue-with-bonus-feats-instead-of-sneak-attack. Focus on AC (uses shield), attacks of oportunity and flanking. He is to be the ultimate swordsman (no magic tricks!).

After accidentaly meeting Marle and speding some time with her, the girl got kidnapped. Chrono went to save her but when he returned he was accused of her kidnap. tried and accused, he was to be executed when some friends help him bust out of jail. since them he kept himself away from guardia to avoid execution. you know, execution sucks.

also, could mikosa take a five foot step back? so the rat comes to us? in the way I'm facing it right now he will have cover bonus to AC.

negochops
2012-06-18, 06:02 PM
1-i'll walk 'till beschoren and give him moderate cure
(i can do this or i can't walk to cure?)

another thing not correlated

2-i don't remember know how many steps i can give and still make an attack

Beschoren
2012-06-18, 07:32 PM
cinco pontas

1 - I'm quite good at HP (25/86) the other might need more healing

2 - your speed? 6 squares if you move 30 feet (6 metros)/round

negochops
2012-06-18, 07:37 PM
i just saw his post. anyway, the question is still up: can i walk and cure i the same turn?

Beschoren
2012-06-18, 08:07 PM
i just saw his post. anyway, the question is still up: can i walk and cure i the same turn?

yup. you can cast and then move or move and then cast. you can't move, then cast, and then move again, however.

Kevinho
2012-06-19, 12:02 PM
5 pontas.;

Confirm Critical: [roll0] (add +2 if flanking) Damage: [roll1]

Kevinho
2012-06-22, 09:00 PM
New campaing, "The Metropole's Dark Rising". I'll be the DM.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247391

Any doubt, talk to me.

Beschoren
2012-06-22, 10:53 PM
New campaing, "The Metropole's Dark Rising". I'll be the DM.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247391

Any doubt, talk to me.

oh gods you want to ruin my life!? I have a thesys to write!

heading for stawart sorcerr/ fortune friend/magical trickster/uncany trickster!

luck is on my side!

Kevinho
2012-06-23, 08:45 AM
O Torneio de Jalavia (IC)

All allies have Endure element (as spell) and are immune to any effect of my breath weapon. Just to remember, I can see in the darkness, see invisibility and I have blind sense 30 ft. And all allies spells or any ability that has DC, the DC increase by 2 as long as they stay within 30 ft away from me.

Another question, I wanna know if I'll level up with the rest of the group or if I start counting my exp now.

Chimaera
2012-06-23, 11:36 AM
Kevin forgot to mention this +2 on DCs are for fire spells and abilities only.

Andrezitos
2012-06-23, 02:51 PM
can someone cast mage armor in the warden, at jalavia campaing? with the spell, the AC of the dwarf will be 31 (33 when enraged :smallbiggrin: ). i can be the shield meat (tough the rock monster can just bullrush me in that hole)

Beschoren
2012-06-25, 09:28 PM
can I still buy stuff back form the merchants? I was not too sure of what to do with 4k and took a poor iten (baces of acuraccy) when the encouters kind of happened. I want cold energy and weather-resistence stuff.

shield crystal of greater energy resistence: cold resist 15. only takes 75 damage per day. 1500 gp.

armor crystal of adaptation: endure elements, as the spell. 500 gp.

everlasting rations 350 gp

everfull mug 200 gp

Chimaera
2012-06-26, 05:28 PM
Of course you can.
Just buy he itens and tell what you bught and it's ok.
After that you wont have opportunity.

Also, Andre: how did you cast mage armor? it had been 6 days travelling through the woods and more one day travelling till you get attacked.

Andrezitos
2012-06-26, 06:27 PM
well, as they came i casted mage armor. i was not surprised by the attackers. now that you said, i think i cannot caste mage armor and attack. also, i think that somo concentration check are needed, or not.

Chimaera
2012-06-26, 06:29 PM
Jalavia
qestion: did the shadow sentinels attacks seem to affect the creature?

Andrezitos
2012-06-26, 06:40 PM
if fact, as the dwarf and the wolves are aware of eachother, we both have to roll initiatives, as normal round. well, not that normal because we can use only standart actions. [roll0] (came on guys, a 20 plzzzz)

Beschoren
2012-06-26, 09:39 PM
Jalavia
qestion: did the shadow sentinels attacks seem to affect the creature?

Partly. most of them hit the attacks but not all of them manage to deal damage. There is some degree of DR

by the way, form the movements made by the creature this round, 2 of your sentinels get AoOs.

Of course you can.
Just buy he itens and tell what you bught and it's ok.
After that you wont have opportunity.

greater crystal or cold energy resistence
least crystal of adaptation
everlasting rations
everfull mug
quiver of elhona
200 gp in normal harpoons (to put in the quiver)
(sold old armor and shield crystals for 500 gp)

Kevinho
2012-06-27, 02:30 PM
FF7:

Confirm Falchion critical [if possible]: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-07-04, 02:40 PM
confirming critical in cinco pontas campaig:
[roll0][roll1]

Beschoren
2012-07-07, 06:04 PM
The slowed creature made a partial charge? He is slowed by one round, just because he saved agains my breath. [If he hasn't saved, he would be slowed for two rounds]

If he didn't partial charged me, he couldn't walk and hit me.

Two attacks missed me and the slowed one hit me, HP: 106/121

he has reach and you kind of walked right into his treatened area. he just made one attack then, instead of a full round, since he is slowed.

Nebehed will climb down the rope as a full round (?).

If he can't climb down in just one round, he'll jump and take falling damage and then stand up.

If he can climb down as a move, he'll also cast a phantasmal killer in one of the minor lodestones (Will 26 to disbelief, then Fort 24 for damage instead of death)
[roll]3d6[roll] (i can't remember if it's 3d6 damage or not -no books around).

yes you can finish you climb as a full round (thus allowing Androzio to let go of the rope) but you can't take 10 since you're in combat now. you will have to roll 2 climb checks DC 5

if you fall 30 feet you take 3d6 damage. To go down intentionally you could take a jump check DC 15 to reduce falling damage by 1d6.

Chimaera
2012-07-07, 10:53 PM
Going for jump then:
[roll0]
tehn getting back on my feet

Beschoren
2012-07-08, 09:51 PM
Jalavia

Nehebed will take [roll0] damage

marauder will / fort saves: [roll1] / [roll2]
big maurauder will save: [roll3]

Stwart/Kevinho can act again already (that marauder made a partial charge)

Chimaera
2012-07-08, 10:33 PM
Rerroling damage for Phantasmal Killer (jalavia):
[roll0]

Also, all marauders are dazzled.

Beschoren
2012-07-10, 02:50 PM
cinco pontas

ok, I'm starting to get worried:

androzio: 3/126 hp (rage)
tom: 9/54 hp
Gaelam: 33/62
Galuff: 49/89

andrózio and tom just can't keep in melle anymore. in fact the heat and firewall alone might take them out next turn.

I have one (well, 3 actually) healing belts to heal 2d8 or 3d8 or d48. yet our healing potential is much below the salamander's damage potential.

I could get to I-11 (5 foot step + swift 10 feet teleport) and eiter heal someone for 4d8 or attack at range (no AoO), while "bloking" the salamanders. what tricks could Gaelam and Tom do?

Andrezitos
2012-07-10, 03:04 PM
androzio have 31 hp right now. without rage he loses more 14 HP. he still can fight, but i will get my healing belt next turn. all of its charges at one single action.

Kevinho
2012-07-10, 09:00 PM
Healing:

[roll0]

HP: 31/54

Beschoren
2012-07-10, 10:00 PM
Jalavia

Do their attack pass DR/magic? If yes HP: 83/121, else HP: 89/121

Also, I'll 5-ft stept o D8 and slow breath DC 23 at the big marauder and the south one. [Slow 2 rounds, fort/half]

no, they don't bypass DR/magic

will vs fear: (north) [roll0]
will vs fear: (south)[roll1]
will vs fear: (big) [roll2]

will vs curse (north): [roll3]

fort vs slow (big): [roll4]
fort vs slow (south): [roll5]

will vs phantasmal killer (north): [roll6]
fort vs phantasmal killer (north): [roll7]

will vs hesitate (big): [roll8]

edit: by Yahweh! you forced several saves and they beat most of it! well, 2 mosnters are slwoed for 2 turns

Chimaera
2012-07-10, 10:15 PM
28, 28 and 31
all aggainst my spells...
deja vu?

Andrezitos
2012-07-11, 08:39 AM
rolling the critics:
Adrian
[roll0][roll1]

Warden
[roll2][roll3]

Beschoren
2012-07-12, 05:37 PM
yay! critical at cinco pontas

[roll0], damage [roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-07-12, 07:46 PM
healing belt rolls from cinco pontas campaign:
[roll0]
i will roll again, one dice at time. doing that to avoid "1".

Beschoren
2012-07-12, 08:43 PM
level up!
master trower lv 3
+11 hp
+1 str, +1 BAB
+1 will, +1 fort
trown wepon trick: Defensive Throw:

If a master thrower with this ability
succeeds on a Concentration check (DC 10 + number of
threatening foes) before attempting to attack with a thrown
weapon while in a threatened square, her thrown weapon
attacks don’t provoke attacks of opportunity for 1 round. If
the check fails, her opponents get attacks of opportunity as
normal when she makes her attacks

i also get Dragonsense (360 ft). how does it work?

healing belt charges:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Andrezitos
2012-07-12, 09:43 PM
[roll0]
[roll1][roll6]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] (amazing, 23 again!)

if any of those are 1

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Andrezitos
2012-07-14, 03:33 PM
jalavia campaing:
confirming critical
[roll0][roll1]

Chimaera
2012-07-18, 09:17 PM
Treasure we got so far at the orc camp, against the angel and at Moria Mines (Torneio de Jalavia):
(I guess this is all so far):

- a magic cloack, ragged and dirty
- a magic necklace, with tiny gleaming skulls and an odd smell
- a magic scepter, decorated with bone pieces from several creatures forming some devilish face
- about 50 pounds of unrefined mithril ore
- some gems worth 1500-3000 gp
- fine jewerly and some platinun pieces, easely worth 8.000 gold pieces.
- +1 fullplate
- +1 large shield
- +1 greataxe
- +1 longsowrd
- +2 brestplate
- amulet health +2
- rod of sure striking
- 8000 gp
- +1 fullplate
- +1 flaming greatsowrd
- +1 dagger
- +1 short sowrd
- +1 long sowrd
- +1 greatsword
- +1 greataxe
- +1 battleaxe
- +1 handaxe
- +1 drawven waraxe
- +1 maul
- +1 chain shirt
- +1 large shield
- +1 light shield
- +1 tower shield
- +1 scale mail
- +1 half-plate
- +1 fullplate

The itens found in the lodestone marauders are ours or we have to give it back to the miners?

negochops
2012-07-19, 07:23 AM
i forgot to write the dragonstones. 270/4=675 dragonstones/person

as kevin is without internet access, i'm keeping for him his stones.
when kevin connects, he must update his sheet since i already toook my dragonstones he was keeping safe for me.

Beschoren
2012-07-22, 09:49 PM
FF-like: chrono: confirm critical
[roll0], damage [roll1]

Kevinho
2012-07-24, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry for screwing everyone's campaign, but now I'm back at the top.

Andrezitos
2012-07-24, 10:57 PM
My build for our new campaing is this one (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=426621). I plan to be a buffer summoner tank. His name is The Fist, just that, and he fights for a very pretensious goal: to create his own church. Every night he prays for guidance but he dont choose a especific deity, he just asks. In his theory, the living being, or dead but this is another metter, are all capable of, and its their right, to be able to decise their own curse of action. Thatfore, for My char all people are response for their actions, allways. I spend 120k in equips, but 54 of this amount its a flying item.

Dudu
2012-07-24, 11:50 PM
My build for the epic campaign is almost ready. But won't be too much different than this one (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=426652).
I will keep the pattern, and this character will be simply called as The Wanderer.
Pure druid, no tricks, except all the awesome tricks the druid already have. Focused on Wild Shaping and Conjuring animals.

Chimaera
2012-07-25, 07:21 AM
My character will be the ninja/fighter/master thrower.
I'll do something not-arcane for this campaign.
I'll post a thread for the game in the afternoon.

Chimaera
2012-07-25, 10:00 AM
Épica (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250594)

Dudu
2012-07-25, 05:10 PM
Animal Companion's HD are also maximized?

Chimaera
2012-07-25, 05:29 PM
Sure, maximized HD for animal too

Dudu
2012-07-26, 09:32 PM
So, Rich, you're going to be the DM for the whole campaign?

Because I think everyone could build their own archenemy, that would lift the weight for the DM. Sure, building an archenemy purposedly weak to your own hero is cheap. But we're trying to hold our inner munchkins here.

Perhaps the archenemy could be around 5 levels above the hero. What you think?

Chimaera
2012-07-27, 02:32 PM
I guess taht may help.
Also, 5 levels higher is what i was thinking for the archenemies.

Beschoren
2012-07-27, 05:27 PM
So, Rich, you're going to be the DM for the whole campaign?

Because I think everyone could build their own archenemy, that would lift the weight for the DM. Sure, building an archenemy purposedly weak to your own hero is cheap. But we're trying to hold our inner munchkins here.

Perhaps the archenemy could be around 5 levels above the hero. What you think?

hell no! why should dudu make his own archenemy? I say the other players make the arcenemies of each other and give to the DM only when asked.

Chimaera
2012-07-27, 06:45 PM
That seems even better.
I like your idea. And to make things better, I guess each one make the archenemy of the other and don't show it and keep a secret from the others to make them more affraid and secret and dangerous and stuff.

Dudu
2012-07-27, 08:22 PM
And how we decide it?
We will use dice?

Every archenemy has a number, and each player gets one. If it's invalid, we re do. (we can make 1d4, 1d3 and 1d2, for example).

Kevinho
2012-07-28, 09:33 AM
Reflex save against White Dragon's Breath Weapon.
DC: 25
[roll0]

HP: 10/64 (If save against the breath)

HP: -50/64 (If doesn't save against the breath, which means I'll drop dead and without a chance of coming back to life)

And it's a goodbye from my character, gg all.

Chimaera
2012-07-28, 12:31 PM
calm down, i didn't finished my post yet.
It was just to make something I needed to.
I'll finish the post today or so.
So don't worry about death, it was planned to be dramatic :smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2012-07-28, 12:37 PM
Archenemy:
Dudu: 1
Pedro: 2
Andre: 3
Richard: 4

Dudu will make the archenemy number:
[roll0] (ignore his archenemy and the ones already chosen)

Pedro will make the archenemy number:
[roll1] (ignore his archenemy and the ones already chosen)

Andre will make the archenemy number:
[roll2] (ignore his archenemy and the ones already chosen)

Richard will make the archenemy number:
[roll3] (ignore his archenemy and the ones already chosen)

Look in the order below (the highest is first, the lower is last):
Dudu: [roll4]
Pedro: [roll5]
Andre: [roll6]
Richard: [roll7]

Edit: after doing all the math it came to:

Dudu wuill make pedro's archenemy;
Richard will make Andre's archenemy;
Andre will make Dudu's archenemy;
Pedro will make Richard's archenemy.

Dudu
2012-07-28, 12:40 PM
Well, I edited my druid.

Turns out that even when limited by the books you choose, the druid can be overpower.

The wildshape I intended to use the most was one of the Legendary Ape, but really, this should be avoided. Doing the math, I realized that this guy could achieve tons of AC, attack and damage, since the ape can wield a staff. All this while he could also sling lvl 8 spells. Seriously, druid is nuts.

With a more orthodox wild shape, I think he will be a bit more interesting. Here's my advice, if you guys use wildshape in your campaigns, avoid legendary ape wielding buffed staves because it's totally broken.

Well, that said. The character is finished (finally!).

Beschoren
2012-07-29, 10:14 PM
I edited by post back on Épica and now i got full background and personality. All I need to finish now are the skill points.

Dudu
2012-07-29, 10:34 PM
Where did you get that feat? The Easy Metamagic one.

Chimaera
2012-07-30, 09:44 AM
I'll begin the campaign Épica in the friday, till there I'll plan the stuff.
I guess everybody sheet is ready.
I'll post my background till there and don't worry to make ahste for the archvillains, they won't be appearing right in the beggining of the game, but don't forget too. Limit time for them to get ready is August 18th.

Chimaera
2012-07-30, 04:43 PM
Genji back ground:

Genji and his fiancee Sarah worked together as freelancers.

There isnt much to say about Genji: he always lived by his own rules and sold his services for anyone who could pay him the price he asked: assassinations, blackmail, bodyguarding, spying, tracking, etc. One day he failed his task to prevent his fiancee to get captured and was captured by the king of Harrogath and imprisoned in the deepest cell capable of keeping him.

When the King of Terror, the employer of the couple knew they failed, he killed Sarah and reanimated her as a undead aberration and then marched toward Harrogath with his legions of undead to kill everyone in the realm. Thanks to his ethereal step, Genji fleed the prison and almost assassinated the king, but then he saw Sarah leading the army of undead and then switched side to help the king and slay the evil King of Terror along with other heroes of the realm.

After a fierce battle, the King of Terror was killed, but his soul fled to another corpse somewhere in the world promising to get revenge. Genji failed to kill Sarah and she fled as well to find her new master. After that he throwed himself back to prison and never fled again.

One day, the king was targeted again by murderers and was almost killed (again) but Genji appeared suddenly and saved the king's life and when asked "why?" he answered with a simple "i won't let any murderer kill a target that I myself failed to kill, but don't worry... i wont try to kill now" and after that he came back to his cell till the day the king came to his dark cell and talked and come to an agreement: as long as Genji never try to raise his daggers and shurikens towards the realm, he would be free and get paid for what he did the best.

Since then Genji is working as the king's bodyguard, master of spies and personal assassin.

The Lord of Terror is planning to destroy the kingdom and building up his armies of undead.

Andrezitos
2012-07-30, 04:49 PM
dogdude will save [roll0]

Beschoren
2012-07-30, 09:27 PM
Where did you get that feat? The Easy Metamagic one.

compplete something, or players 2. I'll check

EDIT: Crap. It is form dragon magazine! I'll change it by something else ASAP

Dudu
2012-08-01, 01:39 AM
Crap.

I intended to use this feat on my druid!:smallfrown:

Well, forget persistent mass less vigor, for now.

Beschoren
2012-08-02, 09:01 PM
ok you all now just flooded the IC tread with perfect exemples of things suposed to be on the OOC tread!

please keep out-of charather infomation and discussion in the out-of charather tread. Doing so in the In charather tread unecessarily pollute it.

dudu it's about the 3º time i tell you this! next time a lighting bolt will hack kidd for 10d6 damage (no save), killing him if it deals enought damage. not kiding!

as promissed, Kid got hit by lighting.

if anynoe else does this again, it will be hit by lighting too.

at any rate, the thieving is clearly not part of the competition. As we are still in the 1 ] night jsut after the 1º day - the same day you faought all those orcs - Nehebed does not have time to buy itens or prepare spells that are thieving-orientated, and is surely a bit drained on his magic.

You could allways try to steal tomorrow if you find it better. so what's gonna be?
a) act immediatly (no memorizing of spells or purchase of itens. as we don't have recoreded the spells used by nehebed on the arena fight, all his spell slots have a 40% chance of having been used)
b) don't steal tonight but prepare to do so next night

mystery die 1-20: [roll0]

Dudu
2012-08-02, 09:07 PM
I don't get why I can't plan the stealing in the original thread.
That's perfectly in game.

Plus, I think it's much more organized in the other thread than plan in this thread, where we talk about multiple games.

Beschoren
2012-08-02, 09:14 PM
I don't get why I can't plan the stealing in the original thread.
That's perfectly in game.

Plus, I think it's much more organized in the other thread than plan in this thread, where we talk about multiple games.

You was not describing his actions, speech or even toughts, just planing (unless you ahd some kind of extra-post telepathy I'm unaware of). planing your next moves is exaclty why the OOC terad exists.

Chimaera
2012-08-02, 09:15 PM
I guess I have the Nebehed's used spells on my notes, but i guess they1re way more battle related so better go on day 2.

Dudu
2012-08-04, 07:33 PM
Who wants to return playing the Forbidden Scriptures campaign?

There are a couple things, though.

First, I will skip that training part. The whole purpose was to test how you performed in battles. So it'll start the tournament part.

Second, you may rebuild your chars as long as you keep them inside the original rules of the campaign.

Third, there's a new player as far as I know. Kevinho, who may also join the party.

What do you think?

Beschoren
2012-08-04, 07:43 PM

First, I will skip that training part. The whole purpose was to test how you performed in battles. So it'll start the tournament part.

Second, you may rebuild your chars as long as you keep them inside the original rules of the campaign.

Third, there's a new player as far as I know. Kevinho, who may also join the party.

What do you think?

disgrafully I'm already on a lot of games.

thankfully I'm totally adicted to this crap and the PC is ready to go. I'll keep him just like he was.

Chimaera
2012-08-05, 01:08 AM
I'll play it. Just need to amke a new char since Eustacio was a disapointment for me. What level? And the link again?

Dudu
2012-08-05, 01:36 AM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240049) the link.

Level 7
32 pt buy.

All those stuffs are present in the first page of the thread.

Important. Every content is allowed as long as it isn't cheesy. Even online content, just post the link (internet content and Eberron/Faerun are a bit trickier to implement, so try to stay in core). Remember, hold the munchkin urges!:smalltongue:

Kevinho
2012-08-06, 08:51 AM

What do you think?

I am totally in!

Kevinho
2012-08-08, 06:08 AM
After talking with Kidd, Nebehed will go mout shopping again for one last spell for his plans: Treasure Scent (it'll cost 1100 gp, but Nebehed got only 975gp, if dudu or stwart can lend a few gold i'll buy it)

I can lend you some money, since I didn't bought my items yet.

Kevinho
2012-08-08, 10:04 PM
My character sheet is almost done for the Forbidden Scriptures campaign.
Lokopor Tiamerica (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=431489) is a wizard / druid that will rely on summonings, buffs and his animal companion.

Andrezitos
2012-08-09, 03:41 PM
vermemlho will save agaist frenzy (DC 28):
[roll0]

str grapple check (DC 35):
[roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-08-09, 08:38 PM
grapple checks
vermelho
[roll0]
[roll1]

worm
[roll2]
[roll3]

Andrezitos
2012-08-09, 10:35 PM
fort saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

will save:
[roll2]

healin belt charges:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Dudu
2012-08-09, 11:24 PM
Just updated my char in Epica Campaign.

Here's Wanderer battle token:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JYyeayG5P68/UCSMncwGaUI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/Plg6KtmVbrs/s206/Wanderer%2520c%25C3%25B3pia.png

Beschoren
2012-08-10, 03:26 PM
random stuff for the jalavian competition

a ghyterzrai monk [roll0]
a dwarven warden, from the same order of androzio's [roll1]
an elven ranger [roll2]
a rougue halfing [roll3]
The same goliath warrior from the concentration test [roll4]
A human warrior, likely a general form the Jalavian army [roll5]
A young but famous half-elf knight [roll6]

Kevinho
2012-08-10, 05:27 PM
Torneio de Jalavia:

Stwart wants to buy some stuffs, exchange old items to brand new items. If I want a +4 Amulet of Health and I have a +2 one, I pay the difference or what?

Beschoren
2012-08-10, 05:49 PM
Torneio de Jalavia:

Stwart wants to buy some stuffs, exchange old items to brand new items. If I want a +4 Amulet of Health and I have a +2 one, I pay the difference or what?

since you were kind of reduilding as lv 9 go ahead and jsut exchange it. let's say you got a bargain with one of the competitors. you may even RP if you want to

Andrezitos
2012-08-13, 04:38 PM
Vermelho kill I8 and damge G10, but he block one attack with his shield.
The dead skeleton become a cloud of cinders and keep burning in the ground.

Galluf try to trip his foes (does he provoke Aoo from throwing at melee?)
trip resistance:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Waiting for Gaelam to act.

Flat-footed charcters give AoO only if they have combate reflex.

Chimaera
2012-08-13, 05:07 PM
Fair enough, no Aoos this turn.

negochops
2012-08-13, 05:21 PM
at Cinco pontas;

i'll draw the dragon magic

Beschoren
2012-08-13, 09:35 PM
conco pontas fort save
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-08-14, 10:44 AM
I may have created an overwhelming encounter and after looking the results of the first round, I guess I'll stop this combat or else I'll probably kill everybody (what isnt what I planned at all in the first place) so I think it'll be better to ignore this encounter: after killing the worm in the road and reaching the valley, all players (except Gaelam, since he doesnt sleep at all) got a dreadful nightmare of being overwhelmed by a horde of empowered and boosted skeletons and will have to make a Will save DC 21 or take [roll0] damage and stay fatigated for the whole day.

After awakening up, you can hear the bells from the beast, but can't see it.
After travelling (or not) for the day you finnaly reach the middle of the valley where you can see the ruins where the beast is said to live.

Any preparations before going inside?

I know that feeling bro. hehehehe. When players lose a battle (and get killed becouse it) its opportunity to make changes and perhaps improve some aspects. I personally dont care to make another histpry for another character, but its up to you.

will save:
[roll0] (race bonus, +2, not accounted)

Before entering the castle i will look for a small great club, or a havy-flail if the DM allows.

Chimaera
2012-08-14, 03:19 PM
There's no heavy flail around the wilderness, but a great club is fine.
(about the Nightmare spell: it was kinda a plan B, just inc ase the enemy was too overwhelming, haha)

Beschoren
2012-08-15, 07:45 PM
I'm preparing the next battle in jalavia

sorry that post rate has dropped but leisure time has been droping too. I should keep posting regularly as a player but jalavia isn't the top priority when posting

Andrezitos
2012-08-17, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, this weekend I'm going in a field trip, so no posts until sunday night. However, you dont need to wait for me. My sheets are on the web in case you neeed it.

negochops
2012-08-18, 01:19 PM
i read it 2 times and i still can't understand where gaelam is in Cinco pontas adventure

Dudu
2012-08-18, 06:13 PM
Jalavia

Hey, Rich, do you have any Greater Invis. to Spare?

Chimaera
2012-08-19, 08:58 PM
Negochops: you're the orange dot near the door;
Dudu: I'll cast one Greater Invisibility at you in Jalavia

Andrezitos
2012-08-22, 05:13 PM
dudu forbidden campaing:
Initiative [roll0]
this time andros chosse his sword as weapon of choice. his halberd are in his back.

Dudu
2012-08-22, 09:06 PM
Forbidden Scriptures

Resist Grapple against Kelpstrand
[roll0]

Resist Trip against She-Ha
[roll1]

edit: The Sorceress is grappled! But the half-orc is still standing.

Dudu
2012-08-22, 09:35 PM
Escape Attempt:

Sorceress: [roll0]

The Conjurer spell:

Spellcraft Checks:

Eustacio: [roll1]

Tanstafaal: [roll2]

Andros: [roll3]

Loko: [roll4]

=======

Grapple:

[roll5]

Resist Grapple

Andros: [roll6]

Tanstafaal: [roll7]

Dudu
2012-08-22, 11:33 PM
Fort save:

[roll0]

Andrezitos
2012-08-23, 06:39 AM
(knowledge local check [roll0])

Beschoren
2012-08-23, 08:21 PM
Jalavia

M2 save vs phantasmal killa
will [roll0] DC 28
fort [roll1] DC 26

Edit: ploft

Chimaera
2012-08-23, 09:05 PM
Spellcraft in Jalavia:
[roll0]

Dudu
2012-08-23, 10:11 PM
Crit confirm for Kidd's last attack:

[roll0] [roll1]

Dudu
2012-08-23, 11:32 PM
Check vs trip:

[roll0]

P.S.: How much the cheetah moves?

Kevinho
2012-08-24, 06:25 AM
Check vs trip:

[roll0]

P.S.: How much the cheetah moves?

She-Ha moves 50ft [10 squares]

Dudu
2012-08-24, 09:39 AM
FS

Sorc save against Soundlance

[roll0]

edit: Sorceress won't bother you anymore.

Andrezitos
2012-08-24, 06:03 PM
forbidden
[roll0]

Beschoren
2012-08-24, 07:39 PM
confirm critical vs stwart: [roll0], damage [roll1]

tofar spel list

3+4 lv1 enlarge person, minor slide, feather fall, mage armor, shield, swift expeditious retreat, nervesketter
3+4 lv2 glitterdust, balefull transposition, alter self, glitterdust, cat's grace, protection from arrows
3+3 lv3 Haste, steeldance (2 sowrds use int), slow, dispel magic, slow, chain balefull transposition*
3+2 lv4 polymorph, flame whips, chain greater slide*, chain halt*, mass reduce person
3+1lv5 balefull polymorph, lesser spell matrx (dispel magic), lesser spell matrix (slow), chain heroism

He could cast a chain greater slide to pull back the slow-moving heavy armored one and give a break for kidd.once the baddies step to close in, he sues chain halt to frustate them. Or another dispel magic, as these orcs are buff-heavy.

Dudu
2012-08-24, 07:57 PM
FS:

Concentration check DC 25:

[roll0]

Chimaera
2012-08-24, 08:54 PM
Fireball damage:
[roll0]

Andrezitos
2012-08-24, 09:17 PM
FF7 campaing:
[roll0]

Andrezitos
2012-08-26, 06:42 PM
"Don't worry too much for blasting spells Lokopor, that's why this old man here is in your team, HA! But needing some advices for spells I can help you after I finish writing some scrolls..."

Questin: If I have a 24h spell on me before the next battle begin, will I have to dismiss it or it will count on my boosts for the next battle? Just looking for a way to get more spells on me before the next battle. :smallwink:

In the future (lv13) i will be able to use my channelling ability as a full round. that means that I can use a single spell slot to buff three or four party members using a whip or something like that. cheese!

Chimaera
2012-08-26, 08:59 PM
I don't think you can channel buffs as a duskblade.

Beschoren
2012-08-27, 12:49 PM
I don't think you can channel buffs as a duskblade.

True. I think you can only damage us =(

also, confir critical for wolks: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-08-27, 05:23 PM
A little RAW, but still:

"Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast
any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your
weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner
does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must
have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee
attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then
the effect of the spell is resolved."

Kevinho
2012-08-27, 06:15 PM
A little RAW, but still:

Andre is right, any touch spell. Which includes ranged touch spell either.

Andrezitos
2012-08-27, 06:22 PM
Andre is right, any touch spell. Which includes ranged touch spell either.

nops. only melee ones. if was otherwise, they would put ranged touch in the description. IMO

Chimaera
2012-08-27, 06:32 PM
You're wrong: it can be any touch or ranged spell.
Look at your spell list for exemple: polar ray? disintegrate? ray of enfeeblement? These are all ranged touch spells.

Andrezitos
2012-08-27, 06:40 PM
You're wrong: it can be any touch or ranged spell.
Look at your spell list for exemple: polar ray? disintegrate? ray of enfeeblement? These are all ranged touch spells.

And what that means? I dont think just because i have those spells I can channel ranged touch. I still thiink if was the idea channel ranged touch spells, they would have stated that, clearly. For instance, there is no means, that i'm aware of it, to turn ranged touch spell in touch spells. for the opposite we have a feat.

Andrezitos
2012-08-27, 06:43 PM
Arcane Channeling: Starting at 3rd level, a duskblade can use a standard action to deliver touch-range spells he knows through his weapon as a melee attack, provided that the spell has a casting time of one standard action or less. A successful attack delivers normal damage from the weapon and delivers the spell as well. Casting a spell this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20060905a

Dudu
2012-08-27, 06:55 PM
TJ:

Confirm crit:
[roll0] [roll1]

FS:

Well, it seems that, by RAW, both Touch and Ranged Touch are channeled. That's the most literal interpretation of what is written there, since ranged touch is a sub-category of Touch.

But I will house-rule, or not, that it cannot be used to buff. It doesn't make too much sense otherwise. As written:

It could do, let's say, 1d4 damage and give a buff, but it's quite weird in terms of roleplay that you give a buff to your comrades by whipping their skin. (it's a bit hilarious, tough).

edit:

Starting at 3rd level, a duskblade can use a standard action to deliver touch-range spells he knows through his weapon as a melee attack(...)
Hmmm, perhaps that settles the question. In this case, Andre is right.

Andrezitos
2012-08-27, 07:04 PM
TJ:

Confirm crit:
[roll0] [roll1]

FS:

Well, it seems that, by RAW, both Touch and Ranged Touch are channeled. That's the most literal interpretation of what is written there, since ranged touch is a sub-category of Touch.

But I will house-rule, or not, that it cannot be used to buff. It doesn't make too much sense otherwise. As written:

It could do, let's say, 1d4 damage and give a buff, but it's quite weird in terms of roleplay that you give a buff to your comrades by whipping their skin. (it's a bit hilarious, tough).

For me, the idea of a ranged touch attack its the same any other ranged attack. You "throw" things in your target. The difference is obviously that the armor dont count because the effect by pass its protection. For a melee touch attack, you have to touch the target, not just throw something at it. And for me its very clear that the words touch-range means specifically what I said. And about the buff part, its kind of strange I agree.

in the end, its all about interpretations.

Andrezitos
2012-08-31, 09:58 AM
cinco pontas
AoO
[roll0][roll1]

Andrezitos
2012-09-03, 04:47 PM
epic quest knowledge checks:
know arcana [roll0]
know relligion [roll1]

Dudu
2012-09-07, 10:54 PM