PDA

View Full Version : Aventi Character Build!

Laucorn
2011-09-22, 03:49 AM
Ok guys it seems my friend Lisa has finally finished the campaign she has been designing so her and Al decided to alternate game nights every week so that lisa can DM her campaign as well. Not that I'm complaining I've been wanting to do this campaign for a while since its something I've been wanting a too try. Now to explain this character I have to explain that it is a Aquatic Campaign meaning we'll be spending alot of time in the ocean and water based dungeons also Lisa asked one of us to make a character of a particular class as it will be important to her campaign being the softy I am for girls I agreed to do it.

Now since I don't want people wondering what's up with my stats before reaching the bottom heres Hit dice and stat rolls for this character.

Hit Die rolls:D10: 10, 7, 9, 5, 8, 4, 9, 6, 3, 9,
Total: 70

Stats Rolled: (Roll five D8 take 3 highest and total them up, and place where you desire. )

7+8+5 = 20 - Strength
7+5+6 = 18 - Wisdom
7+4+5 = 16 - Intelligence
8+5+7 = 20 - Dex
8+8+6 = 22 - Charisma
8+8+8 = 24 - Endurance (This was total dumb luck on my part only one to roll this out of all 5 of us)

Percentile Roll: (20 or lower replaces lowest stat with a 20)

Percentile roll: 34

Feat Totals:
First Level: +1
Level up: +3
Flaws: +1

Ability Modifiers:
+2 Wisdom

Next up is to explain something about the way Lisa likes to DM she has everyone in the group pick a character flaw not one of those bonus feet giving flaws but something we can rp for our characters like a phobia or a bad habit ext ext. I went with phobia of bats just so I can do the ace venture thing while in caves hehehe. Anyway now onto the character.

Player Character:
Character Name: Ralin Kamogre
Character Level: 10
Class Levels: 5 Paladin/5 Knight of the Pearl
Race: Aventi
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Aventernus
Size: Medium
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 190 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Pale
Speed: Walk 30 feet/Swim 30 Feet
HP: 140
Stats: Base Roll + Level bonuses + Racial Mod + Class Mod + Misc Mod = Total (Ability Mod)
Strength: 20 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 20 (5)
Dexterity: 20 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 20 (5)
Constitution: 24 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 24 (7)
Intelligence: 16 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 16 (3)
Wisdom: 18 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 20 (5)
Charisma: 22 + 0 + + 0 + 0 = 22 (6)
Armor Class: Total = 10 + Armor Mod + Shield Mod + Dex Mod + Size Mod + Natural Armor + Deflection Mod + Misc Mod
AC Total: 28 = 10 + 6 + 3 + 5 + 0 + 2 + 2 + 0
Touch: 19
Flat Footed: 23
Initiative: -1 = 5 - 6
Damage Reduction: 0
Spell Resistance: 0
Saving Throws: Total = Base Save + Ability Modifier + Magic Modifier + Misc Modifier + Temp Modifier
Fortitude: 17 = 8 + 7 + 2 + 0
Reflex: 9 = 2 + 5 + 2 + 0
Will: 12 = 5 + 5 + 2 + 0
Base Attack Bonus: 10
Grapple: Total = Base Attack Bonus + Strength Modifier + Size Modifier + Misc Modifier
Grapple Total: 13 = 10 + 3 + 0 + 0
Gear:

# Weapon #1:
+1 Ghost Touch Pearlsteel Longsword
Attack Bonus: 17
Damage: 1d8+6
Critical: 19-20 x2
Range: n/a
Type: Slashing
Weight: 3 lbs
Notes: n/a

#Weapon #2:
+1 Pearlsteel Trident
Attack Bonus: 16
Damage: 1d8 + 6
Critical: x2
Range: 10 feet
Type: Piercing
Weight: 3 lbs
Notes: n/a

# Armor:
+2 Restful Pearlsteel Chain Shirt
AC Bonus: +6
Max Dex: +6
Check Penalty: -2
Spell Failure: 20%
Speed: 30
Weight: 19 lbs
Special Properties: n/a

# Shield:
+2 Pearlsteel Buckler
AC Bonus: +3
Weight: 4 lbs
Check Penalty: -1
Spell Failure: 5%

# Protective Item #1:
Ring or Protection +2
AC Bonus: n/a
Weight: n/a
Special Properties: +2 deflection bonus

# Protective Item #2:
Amulet of natural armor + 2
AC Bonus: n/a
Weight: n/a
Special Properties: +2 natural armor

Other Possessions: Amount/Weight
# = On Person
* = In bag of holding

#Vest of Resistance +1 1/1 lbs
#Healing Belt 1/1 lbs
*Everlasting Rations 1/2 lbs
*Replenishing Skin 1/4 lbs
*Bed Roll 1/5 lbs
*Belt Pouch 1/1 lbs
*Explorers Outfit 1/8 lbs
#Bag of Holding Type 1 1/15 lbs
*Grasping Hook 1/2 lbs
*Silk Rope 50 feet 1/5 lbs
#Silver Holy Symbol 1/1 lbs

On person/Backpack Weight: 47 lbs
Bag of Holding Weight: 27 lbs

Load Info:
Light Load: 133 lbs
Medium Load: 266 lbs
Heavy Load: 400 lbs
Lift over Head: 400 lbs
Lift Off Ground: 800 lbs
Push or Drag: 2000 lbs

Money:
Starting: 49000 gold
Copper:
Silver: 9
Gold: 8
Platinum: 30

Feats: 5/5
Extra Turning
Power Attack
Combat Reflexes
Sanctify Water
Weapon Focus
- Long Sword

Special Abilities:
Amphibious
Aura of good
Detect evil
Smite evil 2/day
Divine grace
Lay on hands 60 hp/day
Aura of courage
Divine health
Turn undead 13/day
Special mount
Blessed soul
Buoyant armor
Pearl’s blessing
Pearl blade
Water’s blessing

Skills: Total = Ability Modifier + Ranks + Misc Mod
Max Ranks: 13/6

Knowledge ~Religion~: 16 = 3 + 13 + 0
Sense Motive: 19 = 6 + 13 + 0
Concentration: 20 = 7 + 13 + 0
Swim: 18 = 5 + 13 + 0
Spot: 9 = 3 + 6 + 0

Languages:

Common/Elven
Aquan/Sahuagin

Flaws: 1/1

Shakey

Spells Known:

~Still working on this any input and suggestions welcome and requested~

Money Spent:
+1 Ghost Touch Pearlsteel Longsword 9815 gp
+1 Pearlsteel Trident 3815 gp
+2 Restful Pearlsteel Chain Shirt 5250 gp
+2 Pearsteel Buckler 4665 gp
Ring of Protection + 2 8000 gp
Amulet of Natural Armor + 2 8000 gp
Vest of Resistance +2 4000 gp
Healing Belt 750 gp
Everlasting Rations 350 gp
Replenishing Skin 1000 gp
Bag of Holding Type 1 2500 gp
Bed Roll 1 sp
Belt Pouch 1 gp
Explorers Outfit 10 gp
Grasping Hook 500 gp
Silk Rope 50 feet 10 gp
Silver Holy Symbol 25 gp

Personality:

Ralin is a Aventi who’s seems to possess an idiotic personality, and a strange phobia of bat’s a creature he’s only witnessed a couple of times. If one where to look at Ralin they would get the impression of a calm, quiet, and somewhat lazy individual who tends to slip away to get out of certain duties that comes with his position as a Knight of the Peal if they do not have something to do with fighting a monster or protecting someone. Despite this he is remarkably chivalrous at other times claiming that if he hurt so much as one women he couldn't call himself a man, something which the girls who know him all acknowledge.

While he often tries to get out of his non-combat based duties as a knight of the pearl Ralin is still very respectful to his superiors, and those around him. He just as he puts it doesn’t think he would be very good at these other duties and as such fears he would only make his superior look bad in even attempting such things hence his attempts at getting out of them. There are times though when he will do them if he gets the feeling they are of serious importance but even so these times are quite rare. Despite how stupid he appears, Ralin often displays remarkable intelligence, particularly when escaping from his superiors, in combat, or other life and death situations possessing remarkable tenacity in such situations. Ralin occasionally lets his good side shine through this happens primarily in situations that require him to choose between himself or others.

Such as if he was injured in a battle with a monster but an innocent bystander was injured by a stray rock falling during the fight he would use his lay or hands to heal them rather than himself choosing to suffer in pain than to watch another. But because of his reputation as a lazy, and irresponsible idiot, most people are surprised whenever he does such a thing, believing that something is wrong with him. Actions like these, however infact reveal his true personality that he keeps hidden as a means of keeping people away as he knows that as a Knight of the Pearl his life is dedicated to the protection of his people first and foremost and as such is incredibly dangerous.

Ralin has typical fears but his biggest ones involve people close to him being used as a weakness in his otherwise solid armor as he likes to put it, and bats. Ever since his first trip to the dry world as he put it he has had a very powerful fear of bats that often make him react in both terror and instinct with little regard to the consequences such as throwing his sword in the direction the sound of a bat came from.

Ralin has a rather unique view of those who live out on land instead of under the waves of the ocean like him and the rest of his race. He finds them and their sayings rather confusing but their culture to him is quite fascinating and their food is delicious especially strawberry ice crème which he has developed a bit of an addiction to claiming that while humans and such may seem odd they at least have good taste when it comes to food, music, and stories. Ralin loves to laugh and as such he enjoys the company of those with a good sense of humor or, those that unintentionally do funny things since he is a firm believer that every time you laugh, and smile you add a day onto your life.

Physical Appearance:

Ralin can be described as a simple young man he is fairly typical for his age. He has long black hair that falls to his shoulders, and his eyes brows are surprisingly thick though giving him a rather masculine face which goes well with his tightly toned muscles. His eyes are a deep blue color that if one had to describe would look like pools of water so deep you couldn’t see the bottom though this depth is often over looked by the large cow eyed expressions that his face tends to take further making people think he is stupider than he really is.

Ralin’s skin is pale as he spends most of his time in the sea away from the sun except when he comes to the waters surface to look around or when he walks on land for strawberry ice crème or a job given to him by his superiors. On the backs of his arms and legs are dark blue fins with silvery skin around where the bones in his fins are located these fins can be folded flat against his skin when not in use or on land to better blend in with humans.

Anyway the idea behind this character is simple since we are gonna be dealing with alot of water filled areas, and open oceans and knowing lisa plenty of undead I tried to put an emphasis on the turn undead ability as well as the abilities that come from givng up a turn undead benefit such as turning an area of water into positive energy charged holy water and what not. Now are there any suggestions or helpfull tips?

kestrel404
2011-09-22, 07:27 AM
Next time, skip the full character build, since you've already finished it and there's no room for advice, and just say "I'm a turn-undead focused Paladin/Knight of the Pearl in a seagoing campaign, are there any interesting tricks you can think of?"

With the ridiculously long and detailed data dump in your first post, there's just too much stuff to focus on, and more than likely every piece of advice you're going to get in this thread is going to be how to re-build your character to do the things it already does better.

In before Cleric 10.

Talya
2011-09-22, 08:02 AM
In before Cleric 10.

Na. Cleric/Crusader/RKV!

Laucorn
2011-09-22, 01:50 PM
Next time, skip the full character build, since you've already finished it and there's no room for advice, and just say "I'm a turn-undead focused Paladin/Knight of the Pearl in a seagoing campaign, are there any interesting tricks you can think of?"

With the ridiculously long and detailed data dump in your first post, there's just too much stuff to focus on, and more than likely every piece of advice you're going to get in this thread is going to be how to re-build your character to do the things it already does better.

In before Cleric 10.

Well the reason I tend to include everything is incase people notice mistakes I might have missed, suggestions changes to weapons, items, ect ect. Plus its not entirely complete I still need to figure out what spells I know and what not.