PDA

View Full Version : Supah Creepah CoC Module?

Deth Muncher
2011-09-22, 08:25 AM
Hey guys - I just picked up the 30th anniversary edition of the CoC rules, and am looking at running a one-shot on Halloween. Or thereabouts. Do you guys know of any really really good one-shots? I'd go for published or homebrew, honestly. I'm fairly new to they system as a whole, which is why I haven't hardly bothered searching - I don't even know what to look for.

The Glyphstone
2011-09-22, 10:51 AM
I semi-successfully ran Live Evil (http://www.yog-sothoth.com/local_links.php?catid=16&sort=N&page=3&pp=15) last Halloween, and will be doing so again this year - it's even set on Halloween night.

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-25, 02:23 PM
"Still Waters". It's got everything that every player is terrified of: Deep water with things larger than you. Those things find the idea of death hilarious. You can't kill these things with conventional means. Also, they're a pair of incestuous twin sisters who got turned into star spawn.

Deth Muncher
2011-09-26, 01:52 AM
I'm totally looking into these. I may even run them both on different nights for the lulz if I like the system enough.

some guy
2011-09-27, 05:06 AM
"The Haunting" is the most played scenario for CoC, and for a reason. It's a good one for introducing players (and I found it easy to run as a first time game master). It's probably somewhere in the back of the book.

Deth Muncher
2011-09-27, 08:03 AM
"The Haunting" is the most played scenario for CoC, and for a reason. It's a good one for introducing players (and I found it easy to run as a first time game master). It's probably somewhere in the back of the book.

Oh? Very good then. True to the series, I've been afraid to crack open the rulebook as of yet, so I haven't seen it. :smallbiggrin:

ken-do-nim
2011-09-27, 12:33 PM

You can also expand upon the ruined temple part and make it a bit of a dungeon crawl.

I, unfortunately, took a bit of the creepiness out of the adventure when I ran it because I introduced a gangster subplot.