PDA

View Full Version : The Jlot-astic Jester Juggler Build

TheRinni
2011-09-22, 08:48 AM
Think about it: if you had returning enchanted on anything, you could be the coolest juggler in the world.

This build is based on some of the ideas presented in this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216045 I toyed with the idea of just editing the OP in that thread to include this build. But, ultimately, that thread was designed for gathering ideas about a general concept. This thread is designed for gathering ideas to improve upon a specific build.

Here's what I have so far:

Jester 4/Fighter 2/Master Thrower 1
-- Race: Human
-- I decided to start with a level 7 build, because it's generally the level my group starts a campaign with, and I honestly don't know where to go from here. Should I continue to progress in the Prc - or Jester?
-- I chose the Jester class because, well, it's fitting for a Jester. It is my firm belief that, in combat, a Jester should be as annoying as humanly possible. The debuffing spell list provided by the class adds to the annoying feel I'm looking for - though you can probably get the same effect with a Bard. What the Jester has, and the Bard does not, however, are bonus feats. These feats are necessary in this build for meeting the Prerequisites of the Master Thrower PrC.
-- Why the Glot, and the Master Thrower PrC? The tripping capability adds to the annoying flavor of the character's combat abilities. Make Ranged Trip attacks with your returning, juggling Glot, while casting fun spells like Glitterdust, Grease, Doom. Also: the metal ball is just perfect for a juggler.
-- I added the fighter levels, because the character's BaB needed a boost to get into the PrC by 7th level. The bonus feats were still necessary.

Items I would suggest:
Glot +3, Returning and Flaming and Keen = 18,001
Glot +3, Returning and Flaming and Keen = 18,001
-- Although a single Glot with Returning would suffice.
-- Keen is nice because the Glot already has a Crit ratio of 18 - 20. Because the weapon does a whopping 1d4 of damage, the increased potential for damage is great.
-- Flaming or someothersuch enchantment that adds 1d6 damage is also great, because, again, the base damage for the weapon is only 1d4. Also, if you're going to be a juggler, why not juggle flaming things?

1 : Jester
Refl - 2
Will - 2
Fort - 0
BAB - 0
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot,
Spells: 0 Level - 2

2 : Jester
Refl - 3
Will - 3
Fort - 0
BAB - 1
+Bonus Feat
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip,
Spells: 0 Level - 3, 1 Level - 0,

3 : Jester
Refl - 3
Will - 3
Fort - 1
BAB - 2
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip, Pointblank Shot
Spells: 0 Level - 3, 1 Level - 1,

4 : Jester
Refl - 4
Will - 4
Fort - 1
BAB - 3
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip, Pointblank Shot
Spells: 0 Level - 3, 1 Level - 2, 2 Level - 0,

5 : Fighter
Refl - 4
Will - 4
Fort - 3
BAB - 4
+Bonus Feat
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip, Pointblank Shot, Precise Shot

6 : Fighter
Refl - 4
Will - 4
Fort - 4
BAB - 5
+Bonus Feat
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip, Pointblank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus: Glot.

7 : Master Thrower
Refl - 6
Will - 4
Fort - 4
BAB - 6
+Bonus Feat, Quick Draw
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficency: Glot, Improved Trip, Pointblank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus: Glot, Quick Draw
Abilities: Glot Crit Multiplier increases by one. Becomes x3 instead of x2.

In combat, you should focus on increasing miss chance, and tripping everything in sight. Every enemy who misses an attack, becomes the subject of your ridicule via an immediate action, and gives all of your allies a +2 bonus against that enemy. Try to combine that with other debuffs, such as Doom, as well.

Inspiring Quip (Su): A jester with 3 or more ranks in Perform (comedy) can boost his allies' morale with a joke that breaks their tension and invigorates their spirits, As an immediate action when an opponent misses an attack, the jester makes a wisecrack denigrating the foe's fighting ability. The jester must be able to see the unsuccessful attack. All allies within 30 feet of the jester gain a +2 morale bonus on all attacks against that foe for the rest of the encounter. The jester can use this ability more than once during an encounter to grant a morale bonus against multiple foes.

hex0
2011-09-22, 09:46 AM
Are you using the fix I suggested? With more bonus feats?

TheRinni
2011-09-22, 10:22 AM
Are you using the fix I suggested? With more bonus feats?

No. I'm not a fan of adding Homebrew to a build, mostly because none of my DMs will allow it. I also quite like the Jester as is.

Qwertystop
2011-09-22, 10:26 AM
Keen wouldn't work, but there is an equivalent for Bludgeoning.

Winds
2011-09-22, 11:18 AM
Keen wouldn't work, but there is an equivalent for Bludgeoning.

Called Weapon of Impact. It's the same in every way, save that it works of blunt weapons where keen is for slashing/piercing.

Qwertystop
2011-09-22, 12:00 PM
Called Weapon of Impact. It's the same in every way, save that it works of blunt weapons where keen is for slashing/piercing.
Yeah, that's it.