PDA

View Full Version : the sycthe matter 3.5 D&D(IC)

bobthe6th
2011-09-22, 03:30 PM
in the sewer you all think back and remember your briefing by general Sam

"as you all know the scythe cult has produced a disease, and are threatening to use it lest we submit to there demands. this we can not do, so we hired you to go destroy the cult and its disease. the scythe cult base has been found. they are deep bellow the city, far down in the under city. they are watching all entrances to the under-city, so we are going to send a cleric with you, he will stone shape a path down for you then leave, sealing the entrance as he goes. we can't spare him if you fail, though I dought it will do much good. they have filled the under city with undead, so you will have to fight through or avoid many many zombies and other undead. most of the living members of the cult will be down deep in the complex itself, so you7 should get down relatively unharmed. you will need no map, as the path you will be let out on leads straight to the complex. that is all we know. find the disease and destroy it, thats why we hired you. fail and this city could well fall. god speed and good hunting."

The Big Orc
2011-09-22, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm, the perfect opportunity to prove my arcane prowess. Drath Longlegs thinks. I wonder how long this will take, I'd like to get back to the bar drinking. "Hello ladies, ready to kick some cultist butt?" Drath asks, laughing at his own joke. He looks down at his fellow elf and smiles, Ah it is good to be tall.

Shade Kerrin
2011-09-22, 06:03 PM
"Literally or figuratively? Either way I can handle the matter. Eveline performs her stretches, in process cracking every bone in her new body. "Let's place bets on what we'll run into first. I've got 5gold on skeletons"

BlackestOfMages
2011-09-22, 07:15 PM
"Gods, I hope not. can't stand skeletons, far to creepy. Zombies, I can just imagine as drunks..." muttered Jason, rising from the wooden stool he'd been sat on "Hopefully, we'll be able to take the cultists by surprise and get through this ordeal as quick as possible"
"We won't let you down, General"

Shade Kerrin
2011-09-22, 08:58 PM
(The text is a flashback, we are already in the sewers)
"You want this to be quick, but you're wanting zombies? Got any secret weapons to deal with them, then?"

gunnar11
2011-09-23, 10:21 AM
"We shall search this corridors, slay all the undead, liberate the people of our city from the cultists, and restore balance to it once again.
Berthold kept a straight face while chuckling from the inside, watching the reaction of the others. At a moment he couldn't hold it anymore and began to laugh. Finally done:

"Sorry, sorry. I know this is a serious matter. It's just too funny to see the looks on peoples faces when I put up my "stereotype-paladin" act. But really: Let's clean this under-city.

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 11:18 AM
the dwarven cleric nods "then away we go"
lowering his head in meditation for a moment, he touches the wall, and it begins to form a tunnel in the wall, he walks down creating the tunnel at a sedate passe.

The Big Orc
2011-09-23, 11:49 AM
Drath whispers to the male human (Jason), "Dude, that guys a paladin, lets pull tricks on him and see how much we can get away with behind his back!" To the rest of the group, "Hello everyone, I am Drath, your resident arcanist. Prepare to be amazed by, well, me!" Drath starts walking along the path as he casts prestidigitation, causing red light to flicker between his fingers.

BlackestOfMages
2011-09-23, 05:03 PM
"I think this matters a little more serious than playing jokes on the local paladin. when we get through this all, however..." Jason replied just as quietly.
"I don't really have anything all that fancy I can do to match. Just good at swinging a sword, and maybe provide a little morale support" he said to the rest of the group, trying to play down his dragon-gifted abilities. "Still, steriotypical behavior aside, Sir Paladin is right. let's be on our toes"

activating awareness aura 1

bobthe6th
2011-09-26, 01:29 PM
the way down is long and twisted, snaking down at a steep grade. the tunnle was well placed, going down through solid stone the entire way. after a wef hours of walking the cleric stops. "the tunnel will break into the under city in a matter of moments. it would be wise to arm your selves and get into a marching order."

BlackestOfMages
2011-09-26, 04:41 PM
"Sounds a plan" replied Jason, drawing his greatsword from it sheath and falling in line behind Berthold, drawing a deep breath

ready action: charge the first hostile I see

Shade Kerrin
2011-09-26, 07:40 PM
Eveline audibly sighs as she takes position behind Jason. Figures that the knights in armor would want to take the lead. After about 100ft of travel, though, a though occurs to her, and she hangs back until she is even with Drath, and quietly asks, "You sure you want to be right at the back? There is this thing that evil cults like to do called ambushing, you know, and you're in the perfect position for that."

The Big Orc
2011-09-26, 08:39 PM
"Well, you see, we are creating our own tunnel into the cults lair. Unless they knew we were coming, in which case you would all be dead anyways, they would not be coming in from behind us. As such, I am sure that I will be more than safe. Besides, if I am further up, it might be harder to play tricks on the paladin." Drath whispers the last part right into Eveline's ear. "Or to stare at your butt," Drath says winking.

OOC:if you find my char flirting uncomfortable please say so and I will stop it after this post.

bobthe6th
2011-09-30, 09:54 PM
the dwarf backs up past the party, allowing them to cover the breach. then simultaneously closing off the tunnel and opening the tunnel in front of you he is gone. you are forced to exit quickly as the tunnel starts to close in on you. once outside you see that you are in a city street. it rises off into the darkness far above, and into the distance in front of you. spaced every 40' is an ally 10' wide, and every 300' is a road 50' wide. as the roads and allys are effective sound carriers, you here the odd scuffle and faint moans of wild undead. other than that the city is quiet and still.

roll move silently. also will not be on most of this weekend, so expect posts 9-10pm each day.

The Big Orc
2011-09-30, 10:24 PM
Drath prepares a Magic Missile for the first hostile creature he comes across.
Move Silently[roll0]
Ready Action: Magic Missile [roll1]

gunnar11
2011-10-01, 12:52 AM
While Berthold keeps walking up front, he is cautious, of the undead, and maybe an ambush around every corner.

Move Silently:[roll0]

Sneaking though, isn't honorable. Even if they are undead, sneaking around them isn't what a real man should do, and as such, Berthold doesn't try that hard to pass by unnoticed

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-01, 06:24 AM
Sighing a little at Berthold's clanking armour, Jason cuts his pace and begins walking lightly

note to self, need to remember to put tags around my roll...

5, see OOC thread

but as he does, a clot of tunnel dust gets in his nose and he starts sneezing furiously, ruining any hope of them staying quiet

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-01, 05:42 PM
Eveline smiles, choosing not to respond to the bait given to her. If he's niave enough to believe that the cult wouldn't set up at least one ambush, just in case, then let him enjoy his last days.
More important is the sound of the living dead up ahead. Despite sharing the company of a man in armor, Eveline won't give up completely on stealth, and adjusts her walking pace to that end.
Move silently: [roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-10-02, 09:11 PM
you get 100' (right in line with the second ally) before anything happens. then you hear a load scraping. as you turn you see a roughly human sized form emerging from the ally in front of you. the thing covered in a hard metallic shell. each of its arms end in wickedly hooked blades, a cross between a scythe and a sword.

inititive
Drath
[roll0]
Eveline
[roll1]
Jason
[roll2]
Berthold
[roll3]
inititive order
Eveline
Berthold
Jason
necroto raptor (feel free to try to find the source)
Drath

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-03, 09:46 PM
Well, looks like this is Eveline's queue. She springs forward into the air, landing on her hands, leaps back onto her feet again, before disappearing completely. While out of sight, she continues her acrobatic motion until she falls squarely behind the creature. Once there, she rams her elbow back, hoping to hit the creature in the back of its 'head.'
Moving into the creature's rear to give everyone else flanking benifits when the close. If neccessary, tumble check [roll0]
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

bobthe6th
2011-10-03, 10:15 PM
the stroke squarely hits... metal? it feels like metal, but it doesn't ring like a helmet should...
the attack doesn't faze the creature.

The Big Orc
2011-10-04, 12:33 AM
On Drath's action, he gestures obscurely and shouts words of power as purple balls fly from his hand towards the creature.
Magic Missile! [roll0]

gunnar11
2011-10-04, 12:59 AM
Before Drath can take his action, Berthold is already on the move. He moves up to the creature and strikes it with his longsword. He was ready to smite this beast.
Begone

Attack I:[roll0]
Attack II:[roll1]
Damage I:[roll2]
Damage II:[roll3]

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-04, 07:00 AM
Feeling it would be pertinent to save his breath for a more numerous foe, Jason shifted his greatsword into a stronger grip and leapt at the horror, relying on impudice to dead damage to the freakish creature. as he did, he invoked his patron's blessing to empower the strike.

swift action: switch to power aura

using Leap attack: if I jump more than 10ft on the charge I gain double benefit from my power attack (to * 4 thanks to 2 hander :smallbiggrin: ): jump roll [roll0] if I can't charge more than 20 ft due to distance, otherwise auto-pass due to dc 10
using 3 points of power attack:
rolling to hit: [roll1]
rolling for damage: [roll2]

bobthe6th
2011-10-04, 09:25 PM
the beast takes two blows from the warriors, but doesn't seem to care about the massive rents in its body. it brings both blades together in a sything motion at Jason, one of them leaving a nasty cut (13 damage).
the magic missiles hit the beast in the head, blowing it off.
the beast drops, like a marionette with cut strings.
(anyone care to search the body? if not post aftermath, and perhaps try to patch the wound?)

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-05, 04:08 AM
I resent that description. the magic missile did less damage than either of us and you make it sound like it did everything! what, is it that amazing us non-casters can do something :smalltongue: also, since it's an undead...

Jason looked at the thing cautiously; it may have been the location of the hit, but it dropped from an impact less than what it had been ignoring. Even if it was dead, necromancers had a nasty habit of re-using avalaible materials. Though it was grizly work, he raised his greatsword for another swing

since I'm assuming where out of initiative right now, I'm just going to swing at it
roll to hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
critical threat confirmation [roll2]

gunnar11
2011-10-05, 08:10 AM
"What'd you do that for? It was already redead..." Berthold said, chuckling a bit because of the joke he just made. But now in all seriousness:
"Even though they're undead, they still did have a soul! Let the bodies rest.

He now continued to look at his surroundings, to see if he found something threatening/interesting.

Spot[roll0]

OOC: When attacking an unconsious enemy, you don't need to make an attack roll. And yes, dead=unconsious

The Big Orc
2011-10-05, 08:52 AM
Drath will search the body saying, "While I understand the need to ensure a dead undead stays dead, try not to break anything valuable!"

Search [roll0]
(mythweavers isnt loading for me, and I cannot remember my exact int score/if i put ranks into search so I will just roll with a +3 for now, will let you know once I can get to me sheet again)

bobthe6th
2011-10-05, 12:07 PM
Drath: the only valuable object you find on the corpse is its armor. the same armor that got shredded by the two swords...
Berthold: lucky you were looking, as three of the creatures come around the corner from the ally behind you.
inititive!
Drath
[roll0]
Eveline
[roll1]
Jason
[roll2]
Berthold
[roll3]
initiative order
Jason
Eveline
necrotic raptor
necrotic raptor
Drath
Berthold
necrotic raptor

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-05, 04:02 PM
OOC: When attacking an unconsious enemy, you don't need to make an attack roll. And yes, dead=unconsious
it went down very eaisly, I didn;t trust it not to still be alive and waiting for us to start looting for a surprise attack :smalltongue:

also, I'm switching text colour since I picked the same one as shade before

Jason was glad he'd kept his sword in hand as three more of the beasts arived. no wonder the first had seemed such an easy guardian, it had gotten ahead of it's pack. is pack the right word for undead? horde?
never mind, seeing the close proximity of the foes, Jason took a moment to compose himself, then unleashed his dragon-breath at the onrushing raptors. "freeze?"

15 foot cone of cold, reflex save DC 14 for half
[roll0]

well, that was impressive, minty fresh breath instead of freezing... :smallbiggrin:

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-06, 05:18 AM
Eveline smiles slightly at the pun, bad as it may be. Of course, she's not going to let him have all the fun, as she darts in just behind the burst of cool air, driving her knee towards the 'gut' of one of the critters.

Charging at whichever one I can. If I cannot, subtract 2 from the attack score.
[roll0],[roll1]

The Big Orc
2011-10-06, 08:19 AM
Chanting words of power, Drath sends a ray of fire into one of the uninjured raptors.
Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (fire)

bobthe6th
2011-10-06, 11:11 AM
Eveline's kick and the dragon mans blast don't stop the beasts, or slow them much for that matter. the one with a kick to the chest slashes at Eveline...
19 hit? if so 11 damage...
then the second one rushes forward to attack the closest target Eveline...
12 hit? if so 18 damage...
then Drath hits the closets one for 17 fire with flaming rays...
now Burt then the last beast...

gunnar11
2011-10-06, 05:40 PM
Berthold sees Eveline being hit by the beasts, and comes to aid immediatly.
Go to hell, beasts! he says, before attacking

Attack I:[roll0]
Attack II:[roll1]
Damage I[roll2]
Damage II:[roll3]

gunnar11
2011-10-06, 05:42 PM
On his second swing, berthold puts more power than normally, trying to strike a critical spot:

Critical confirm II:[roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-10-06, 07:57 PM
bert maneges to put a shalow scratch in one of the beasts, not fazeing it in the least. the third creature pushes forward to attack Eveline...
16 hit? if so 15 damage...
new round!

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-07, 06:36 AM
With his foes now in the reach, Jason brought his sword crashing down on the nearest one, before slipping near to his stricken companion

if evaline's below 50% health, activate restoration dragon aura

move directly opposite a Evaline with a raptor in between us, and perform a 5 point power attack against the rapty
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] for damage, if I hit
[roll2] to confirm crit, if approrpriate

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-08, 12:09 AM
Eveline attempted to catch the two simultaneous attack with her hands, but messes up on one of the two. As she attempts to hold the blades off for the few seconds it takes for them to break, a third strike cuts her back, eliciting a curse from her lips.
While the creatures are still rearing for another strike, Eveline loosely grips one of her belt ribbons in her hand. With a smooth motion, she lashes the tip at the surviving Raptor that has suffered the most attacks, letting its energy flow through it.
Activating my belt of healing. Touch attack: [roll0], [roll1] Positive damage.
HP: 20/44, including a round of fast healing.

The Big Orc
2011-10-08, 12:37 AM
Hmmm perhaps I should have come in here more prepared... thinks Drath as he pulls out his staff, I am not sure I will have enough magic to end this

(totally just realised I hadnt finished buying my gear when we started this :P)

gunnar11
2011-10-08, 01:52 AM
Berth rushes to Eveline's aid. The woman seemed to be really damaged after taking that hit. He then concentrates his divine power into his hands, and softly places them on her. Instantly a faint white glow enters from his hands into her body, healing bruises, scars and other wounds.

Lay on hands: Cure 10 HP

bobthe6th
2011-10-11, 05:16 PM
their pray weak, the raptors swing with near simultaneous blows at the wounded monk. 17 a hit? if so 17 damage. 22 a hit? if so 6 damage. 18 a hit? if so 4 damage.

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-13, 04:29 AM
(I know I'm supposed to wait for Jason, but what the hey)
At the last moment, Eveline steps back from the first downward slash, before giving an impressed whistle at the size of the gash it tears into the ground. She is a little too slow for the next pair, earning another pair of light grazes on her arms.
At this point, though, she smiles, confident that she now has the stock of her foe's abilities. She releases the first of her belt ribbons and grabs the second, whipping at the same target as she rolls around to its side.
Fighting defensively(+3 AC because I have 5 ranks in tumble), activating the second charge in my healing belt to attack.
[roll0] touch, [roll1] positive damage.
HP: 22/44, including a round of healing. 20 if he switches auras.

Shade Kerrin
2011-10-13, 04:31 AM
Tumble checks:
[roll0], DC 15
[roll1], DC 17
[roll2], DC 19

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-13, 06:43 AM
nah, keeping the aura up :smallsmile:

Jason slipped in next to the raptor he'd struck before, bringing his greatsword slamming down upon it again

power attack raptory for 3 points
[roll0]
[roll1]

please tell us if we hit, it's be apreciated :smalltongue:

The Big Orc
2011-10-13, 09:52 AM
Realizing that perhaps the melee should be left to those who can actually fight in melee combat, Drath will begin the incantations required for summoning

Summon Monster 1, calling for a wolf, will appear beginning of next round, don't know were it should appear on the initiative chart, I will summon it 10 feet away from the raptors, behind them

gunnar11
2011-10-13, 11:13 AM
Berthold suddenly has no more inspiration for a phrase that could be paladin-y, so he decides to just go and attack the beasts.

Attack I[roll0]
Attack II[roll1]
Damage I[roll2]
Damage II[roll3]

And it would indeed be nice if you told us if we hit the monsters or not.