PDA

View Full Version : Who is Elothar, warrior of bladereach?

Hazzardevil
2011-09-22, 03:31 PM
In the tome of awesome. (A compilation of books that Frank and K wrote) there is a class called Elothar, warrior of bladereach (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elothar_Warrior_of_Bladereach_(3.5e_Prestige_Class )).
it isn't exactly the best fluffed class in the game, nor is it the best mechanically, but who is Elothar? The requirements even say you have to be called Elothar, so who is he and where is bladereach?

NoldorForce
2011-09-22, 03:55 PM
I believe it's a parody of similar absurdly specific abilities in actual, published D&D books. One better-known example is the Thunder Guide PrC from the Explorer's Handbook; it has gems like NPCs writing about you in the news, being friends with one particular elven governor, or having heard dragons singing on the far-off mountains of Argonnessen.

Yeah, it's just a bit ridiculous.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-22, 04:03 PM
I believe it's a parody of similar absurdly specific abilities in actual, published D&D books. One better-known example is the Thunder Guide PrC from the Explorer's Handbook; it has gems like NPCs writing about you in the news, being friends with one particular elven governor, or having heard dragons singing on the far-off mountains of Argonnessen.

Yeah, it's just a bit ridiculous.

It makes up for it by being able to be renamed "Indiana Jones". :smallbiggrin:

Hazzardevil
2011-09-22, 04:12 PM
It makes up for it by being able to be renamed "Indiana Jones". :smallbiggrin:

So it's not parodying any character in particular? Just any it can get away with?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-22, 04:15 PM
So it's not parodying any character in particular? Just any it can get away with?

You know I was talking about Thunder Guide, right?

But that PrC you linked just looks like some ridiculous parody about a guy who did that stuff.

Hazzardevil
2011-10-15, 03:33 PM
You know I was talking about Thunder Guide, right?
Yes, I've seen that.
But that PrC you linked just looks like some ridiculous parody about a guy who did that stuff.

It was by Frank and K and I was expecting it to be a parody, I just wanted to know if it parodied any character in particular.