PDA

View Full Version : GoC Fight 1 Bob vs Ulric

mrcarter11
2011-09-22, 07:21 PM
"Two new bloods enter the arena today. Neither has seen the sands before, and one shall fall to them today.

Both men please step to your starting zone. Now since your both new, let the Games begin!

OOC:
Okay you may both read any spoiler not addressed to the other person.

The map is located here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqLBtAMQgtX3dHVXcUhMejhyUVNVREdGQlV5dHoyU EE&hl=en_US)

Bob may start in any of the blue spaces. Please detail which space you choice to start in.

Ulric starts in any of the red. Once again please say which space you start in.

Anything you do that the other may see, please post in the open. Anything you do that they can't see, please put in a spoiler. If you do something that allows a skill check to see, please put the needed DC. If you use an ability that requires a save, please put the DC. Also you may leave the DC's in a spoiler, if you wish. Thank you.

Now each of you are still considered flatfooted, and you may each roll for initiative. Good luck to each of you.

bobthe6th
2011-09-22, 07:27 PM
oh, its in the open and we both can see each other so
bob is a huge man, clad in a breast plate with a great sword on his back. he is built like a 6'8" dwarf.
initiative
[roll0]
starting in I16
walking slowly to his place, as is his want,Bob breaks out a wide smile. "good to meet you" he bows slightly, a titanic motion.

stack
2011-09-22, 10:14 PM
(Start in I-7)

A tall warrior clad in full-plate reluctantly enters the arena. His tabbard is pure black, his armor shining, face invisible behind his helmet's visor. The helmet's crown bears small crenelations, almost resembling teeth. "I do not do this of my will. I will not kill you if I have a choice. May the gods judge us justly."

He hefts his mighty sword, standing ready.

initiative [roll0]

stack
2011-09-22, 10:18 PM
(I won initiative, so I'll go first)

The knight reluctantly raises one hand towards his foe.

DC 14 will save
no immediately apparent effect (shield self, target takes half of all HP damage)

He moves forward, weapon high and stance guarded.

(Move to I-11)

swift into stance of clarity (+2 AC vs one foe)

AC 23, HP 46

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 10:46 AM
[roll0]
bob draws his greats sword in a movement ridicules for his size. he drops into a ready stants

ready action to sunder the weapon of anyone coming into melee range

the shouts "COME"
DC12

you must attack him in some way.

stack
2011-09-23, 11:03 AM
(I assume that's a will save DC)

Will save [roll0]

"As you wish." Ulric rushes forward, maintaining his guarded posture despite his powerful swing.

Attack after moving to I-15
attack [roll1] (counts as lawful, good, magic, ignores all hardness and DR)
damage [roll2]
additional damage [roll3]

Using mountain hammer maneuver for +2d6 damage, AC 23, HP 46

stack
2011-09-23, 11:05 AM
critical confirm (18-20 range, x2 damage)
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 11:10 AM
readied action activated, sunder attack.
improved sunder so straight opposed attack. you get a +4 for useing a two hander. Bob gets +8 for two handed and improved sunder
[roll0]

if hit damage to your sword
[roll1]

also you already added you +to hit, the roll was 1d20+10, then you added another 10. unless you have an ability that does that that I am no aware of...

stack
2011-09-23, 11:23 AM
(the ability is called rollv, it displays the base roll in brackets before the total with bonus in parenthesis. I use it for attacks to make it easier to spot criticals. So, you take normal damage from my attack and the sunder has no effect?)

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 11:29 AM
(no, the readied action happens first, then if you still have a sword to swing with you deal damage. you have to roll an opposing attack, not just use your previous attack)

stack
2011-09-23, 11:35 AM
<sniff sniff...my critical> Are we rolling a new apposed check, or am I using the old roll for that and making a new attack (I believe I am now rolling my attack, though I'll leave damage as rolled before)

His opponents blade deflecting harmlessly away, Ulric presses the attack.

[roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 11:42 AM
woops, no he still has hit points. now then

stagered by the stroke, Bob issues a chalenge to his foe
fighting chalenge
then tries again to break his foes weapon
1d20+19
1d20+9

stack
2011-09-23, 11:50 AM
<How many HP did you have? I know it was good damage, but dang.>

Ulric kneels next to his fallen foe, shamed by his actions. I will break free. I will end this abomination. Heironius look after this poor soul.

He stands, waiting to be let out of the arena.

<due to miscalculated damage, the fight isn't over>

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 11:52 AM
whoops miscalculated. added the confirmation as damage.

stack
2011-09-23, 11:58 AM
<go ahead and take your turn then, no harm, etc.>

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 12:01 PM
edited in in place of the death scene.
[roll0]
[roll1]

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 12:02 PM
this is geting anoying ignore the secound roll
[roll0]

stack
2011-09-23, 12:04 PM
opposed roll for sunder maneuver [roll0] +4 for two handed?

stack
2011-09-23, 12:10 PM
Ulric again deflect his opponents blade, steel gliding off steel harmlessly. Ulric's stance becomes more aggressive, hoping to end this fight quickly.

swift into punishing stance +1d6, -2 AC

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1] plus [roll2]

"If you surrender, I will spare you."

AC 19, HP 46

bobthe6th
2011-09-23, 12:14 PM
another deep gouge, Bob, is barley standing, he drops to his knees
"I see when it is better to just accept defeat."
ooc, you can read this
come on, two failed failed sunders. damn. if he had won either of those he could have gotten the match.

stack
2011-09-23, 12:24 PM
to Bob
I had tricks up my sleeve still, though Ulric might have been less merciful if you broke his sword. You would still have had to contend with his hammer and dagger. I did roll really lucky though. Would have liked to see more of a fight, but that's the way the dice fall.

Seeing his foes concession, Ulric lowers his blade. "That you. Fighting here is abhorrent to me, I would not have your death on my head." He reaches out his hand to help the man up.

He looks out to the arena walls. "We are done here. You have had your show. Let us out."

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 07:53 PM
"The fight is a draw and neither man advanced for it. Back to your cells.

OOC: Guess that's the fight. It was short and sweet, kinda odd since no death was made.. Eh, live with it I guess. I'll see about getting other fights set up for the two of you.

stack
2011-09-23, 09:48 PM
So we don't advance if no one dies. Interesting. Even though this is a hack 'n slash event, I can't help playing my character, so he'll keep on offering to spare his opponents if he can.

mrcarter11
2011-09-24, 12:43 AM
Well.. You don't advance towards the higher level fights no. Or towards the champion. So you still need 4 wins to fight the champion. Though some PC's and almost all NPC's you should have no problem killing as they are.. murderers..

The NPC's are also not likely to take quarter as they rather die. Then live in shame of loss.

bobthe6th
2011-09-24, 09:26 PM
heh, a normal knight would have just died. but Bob would rather live thank you very much.

mrcarter11
2011-09-24, 09:33 PM
Okay, well Bob's next fight won't be til tomorrow. Cause I work tonight and all gestalt entries are tied up.