PDA

View Full Version : Don't Worry Bro, I'll Back You Up (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 12:44 AM
The Bro

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/Bigbattle22/WTF7.jpg

Bros are always there for each other. They fight together, live together, and die together. A bro doesn't ever need to call his bro up, because his bro already knows that his bro needs him and he's already there for you, bro. And if you didn't understand that last sentence, go read some other class, because you don't know the true meaning of bro-hood.

Prerequisites:

To become a bro, one must meet the following prerequisites:

Base Attack Bonus: +6
Feat: Combat Reflexes, Double Team (Dragon Compendium)
Special: You take this class with another character who meets the prerequisites at the same time. You must share a language with this character and the two of you must have an attitude towards each other that is higher than hostile (Per the rules of Complete Warrior, if either of you becomes hostile towards the other, you both lose all class features until your attitudes return to indifferent or higher). This person is hereafter referred to as your 'bro'.

You also cannot be romantically involved with your bro.

If your bro dies, you lose all your class features except Bromance, though you may continue taking levels in Bro.

HD: d10
Class Skills: Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (Local), Listen, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, and Spot
Skill Points: 2+Int per level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bronus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Bros For Life, Support Your Bro

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Bro-Fist, Bro Tactics +1d10

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|A Bro Must Always Say Yes, Don't Mess With My Bro

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Come at me Bro, Bro Tactics +2d10

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Brovasion

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+2|Bro Tactics +3d10

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+2|Aura of Brotherhood

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+2|Don't Tase Me Bro, Bro Tactics +4d10

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+3|I'll Save You Bro!

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+3|Bro Tactics +5d10, Bromance
[/table]

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Broficiency: You gain broficiency with all weapons and armor that your bro is proficient with. If your bro is proficient with his unarmed strikes, you gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. (This does not improve your damage with your unarmed strike if your bro's is higher) If your bro is proficient with a natural weapon, you do not gain broficiency with that weapon(s) unless you also possess them.

Bros for Life (Ex): You and your bro are closer than most bros. You have undergone rigorous training in order to become the closest bros ever! As you start to grow an understanding for one another, you both start to become similar and can use each other's experiences to your advantage.

Whenever a bro makes a skill check while he is within 30 feet of his bro and is able to hear his bro, the bro may use his bro's ranks in that skill as if they were his own skill ranks. (This allows the bro to make trained skill checks untrained, as long as his bro has ranks in the skill). The bro still uses his own ability scores and synergy bonuses.

Support Your Bro: Bros fight as a team. No question about that. Certain bros are able to support each other better as they advance in this class than others. If a bro had levels as an initiator with access to the White Raven discipline, he continues to gain initiator levels, maneuvers known, maneuvers readied/granted, and stances as if he was in that class (though he does not gain any other features of that class, such as improved steely resolve or bonus feats). If a bro had levels in more than one initiator class with access to the White Raven discipline, he must choose one initiator class when he gains this class feature to advance, he may not change this decision.

Similarly, a bro who received auras as a class feature, such as a dragon shaman or a marshal, continues to get aura progression, including auras known, access to more powerful auras, and the total numerical bonus provided by his auras. He does not progress any other class features, such as granting additional actions or improved breath weapon damage.

Finally, if a bro had the bardic music class feature, he adds his bro level to his bardic music class level to determine the number of daily uses he has of bardic music as well as which songs he has access to. He does not gain any other class features, such as improved spellcasting.

If a bro has more than one of these features to progress (such as being a bard/marshal or a bard/warblade or a marshal/warblade) he must select one class to advance when he gains this class feature. He cannot change this decision.

Note: If a bro is progressing other class features due to this class feature, he simply adds his bro level to the class in question to determine his abilities. (For example, a warblade 6/bro 3 would know 8 maneuvers, 2 stances, and be able to ready 4 maneuvers as if he was a 9th level warblade. His initiator level would be 9, and he would access to up to 5th level maneuvers and stances.

Bro-Fist (Ex): Not even the almighty lightning bolt can compare to the fury of two bros who utilize this technique. As a swift action, a bro may bump fists with his bro, as long as they are within reach of each other. The other bro must be aware of his bro's action, and must consume an immediate action to return the fist bump (Therefore, a bro may not bump fists with his bro if his bro is flat-footed).

When two bros have bumped fists, they become devastating killing machines. For the rest of the encounter, the bros grant each other a morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear equal to their class level, as well as the ability to take 10 on all saving bros.

Additionally, this small token of affection can remind a bro that he's not alone on the battlefield, allowing him to shake off whatever was ailing him and fight on. When a bro consumes his immediate action to bump fist with his bro, he may immediately use any of the following abilities if they are available to him, regardless of the action they require: Iron Heart Surge, heal, any cure spell, any remove spell, dispel magic or greater dispel magic. The bro may only target himself with one of these abilities.

Each bro may use one Bro-Fist per encounter. Consuming your immediate action to return a fist bump does not consume your use of Bro-Fist. As always, morale bonuses do not stack.

Bro-Tactics (Ex): A bro is never alone. So neither are his enemies. They have plenty of company. Whenever a bro of 2nd level or higher makes a melee attack against a target he flanks with his bro, he deals an additional +1d10 damage. (This bonus damage applies to strike maneuvers as well, but not to weaponlike spells) At 4th level, and every 2 levels afterwards, this bonus damage increases by 1d10. Unlike Sneak Attack, no enemy is immune to the bonus damage from Bro-Tactics, but it is part of the bro's weapon and is subject to damage reduction as normal. (A bro using a greataxe would deal 1d12+1d10 slashing damage)

A bro does not gain the bonus damage from Bro-Tactics unless his bro also has Bro-Tactics. (For example, if two bros were level 2 and one of them lost a level from failing a saving bro against a negative level, he would no longer have Bro-Tactics, and so his bro would not gain the bonus damage from Bro-Tactics)

A Bro Must Always Say Yes (Ex): Bros are not just allies on the fields of battle, but on the fields of love. Whenever a bro uses the Aid Another ability to help his bro on a Bluff check made to seduce someone, he adds his class level to the bro's check, instead of the normal +2 bonus.

Don't Mess with my Bro (Ex): Bros always have each other's backs. As an immediate action, a bro may make an Intimidate check towards a creature that is hostile towards his bro. He gains a bonus on this check equal to his class level. If he succeeds, that creature is demoralized for 1 hour instead of 1 round. Whether the save is successful or not, the creature gains immunity to that bro's Don't Mess with my Bro ability for 24 hours.

Come at me Bro (Ex): A bro can draw aggression away from those who would attack his bro. When two bros are flanking a creature, and it attacks one of them, the other bro can, as an immediate action, use this ability. He calls a challenge to the creature, and the creature must make a Will save, DC 10+class level+Charisma modifier. If it fails that save, the creature must attack the challenging bro instead, and it takes a -5 circumstance penalty to all its attack rolls made this round. This is a sonic, language-dependent, mind-affecting ability. A bro may not use this ability if he is performing bardic music (unless that music is something that does not create sound, such as Perform (Dance), but it is limited by other sound-based ones that don't involve the bro's voice, such as Perform (String Instrument) ), even if he has the Melodic Casting feat.

Brovasion (Ex): Bros can help each other out of tough spots. As long as the bros are within 30 feet of each other and they can hear each other, they gain the benefits of improved evasion, except that it works in any type of armor.

Aura of Brotherhood (Ex): A bro is always faithful to his bro, no matter what. Starting at 7th level, as long as the bros are within 60 feet of each other and they can see and hear each other, they grant each other immunity to all compulsion and charm effects. (This benefit applies to a bro even if his bro is unconscious, as long as the bro can still see his body)

Don't Tase Me Bro (Su): Two bros can emit an electric charge together, the same way shocker lizards can. They must be in direct contact with each other. (Generally bros will do this after performing a non-class feature brofist)

The attack creates a 60' line of electricity which can be emitted from either bro (but not both with the same attack). It requires a full-round action on the initiating bro's part, and an immediate action from the other bro. The attack deals 2d8 electricity damage per class level (max 20d8) and allows a Reflex save for half damage, DC 10+class level+Charisma modifier.

The bros can perform this technique once per 1d4 rounds. This cooldown is required for both bros no matter who actually used the technique.

I'll Save You Bro! (Ex): A bro will give absolutely anything to save his bro from death. Starting at 9th level, whenever one bro is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, but greater than -10, his bro may activate this ability as a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

While this ability is active, the bro who activated it takes all hit point and ability score damage that would have otherwise hurt his dying bro, and any creature the bro threatens who attacks his dying bro provokes an attack of opportunity from the standing bro. Unlike most attacks of opportunity, the standing bro may make a full attack action, use any strike maneuver, or cast a spell with a casting time of 1 standard action or less instead of his normal AoO options.

This ability lasts until the dying bro's hit points rise above 0, until the standing bro's hit points drop to 0 or fewer or for one minute per class level. Additionally, if the bros are no longer in combat, the standing bro may automatically stabilize his bro with a touch as a standard action (doing this requires too much concentration for the bro to do it while threatened).

Bromance (Sp): Bros will do anything for each other, and would give everything for each other. Starting at 10th level, once per week a bro may use true resurrection as a spell-like ability, with a caster level of 20, but he may only target his bro. He may use this ability even though his bro dying cost him all his other class features.

TravelLog
2011-09-23, 01:12 AM
This is awesome. I think, however, that an appropriate addition would be an ability that makes a bro an unstoppable hurricane of vengeance if his bro is reduced to between -9 and 0 hit points, as a testament to the power of their bond. The sight of a dying bro allows a bro to transcend the limits of his worldly body and unleash a power beyond the ken of non-bros.

Edit: where did you find the picture by the way?

Fiery Diamond
2011-09-23, 01:24 AM
This is absolutely hilarious. Brilliant. I'm totally going to use this for a couple of comic-relief-that-you'd-better-not-underestimate antagonists.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-23, 01:24 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294

...What else is there to say, other than that and that this class is an awesome idea?

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 01:32 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294

...What else is there to say, other than that and that this class is an awesome idea?

What else is there to say? How about WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR EPIC ELF AVATAR? :smallbiggrin: But thanks for your support.

This is absolutely hilarious. Brilliant. I'm totally going to use this for a couple of comic-relief-that-you'd-better-not-underestimate antagonists.
Good! The power of bros should not be underestimated!

This is awesome. I think, however, that an appropriate addition would be an ability that makes a bro an unstoppable hurricane of vengeance if his bro is reduced to between -9 and 0 hit points, as a testament to the power of their bond. The sight of a dying bro allows a bro to transcend the limits of his worldly body and unleash a power beyond the ken of non-bros.

Edit: where did you find the picture by the way?

Good idea. I'll put that in 9th level to get rid of that pesky dead level.

And I typed in "bro fist" into photobucket's search.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-23, 01:35 AM
What else is there to say? How about WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR EPIC ELF AVATAR?

Because... I became a Type-Lunatic.

Expect something like a bloodline or such to be posted in a week or so. Maybe an item.

Maybe a PrC.

Maybe all of them...

Anyway, I'll give this another look after I wake up. Checking stuff over never is a good idea when you're about to fall over from being tired.

Welknair
2011-09-23, 01:39 AM
Expect something like a bloodline or such to be posted in a week or so.

Cue interest.

And nice class. I quite like your joke and semi-joke PrCs.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-09-23, 01:40 AM
Unable to properly model greatest bro pairing of all time.

http://beardreel.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/gurren_lagann_simon_and_kamina.jpg

Two thumbs down. :smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2011-09-23, 01:43 AM
This is bro-tastic! May I suggest incorporating The Bro Code? :smallbiggrin:

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 01:45 AM
This is bro-tastic! May I suggest incorporating The Bro Code? :smallbiggrin:

A Bro Must Always Say Yes

:smallamused: We are talking about the same Code, right?

The-Mage-King
2011-09-23, 01:45 AM
Cue interest.

Figured that would be said by you. Might not be just a bloodline, though. Might be all, might be some, or even might be none. Got some ideas, but... Not much.

Just one word on the potential bloodline... Nanaya.

TravelLog
2011-09-23, 01:48 AM
There also needs to be either a spell or feat called Bromageddon.

Morph Bark
2011-09-23, 02:55 AM
Because... I became a Type-Lunatic.

Welcome to the club. Have only watched a few of the anime in the past, but going for them all now, one by one.

Also, I'm loving that other people are picking up the silly-serious PrC types. Doing either is easy, but doing them both together and doing it well is hard. Good job on doing it well!

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 02:58 AM
Welcome to the club. Have only watched a few of the anime in the past, but going for them all now, one by one.

Also, I'm loving that other people are picking up the silly-serious PrC types. Doing either is easy, but doing them both together and doing it well is hard. Good job on doing it well!

Thank you! Coming from the Commoner Flaw PrC man, that means a lot! :smallbiggrin:

Daverin
2011-09-23, 01:12 PM
This is utterly brotastic. I fully approve of this class in every way imaginable, by the power vested in me by Broseidon, Lord of the Brocean. :smalltongue:

Horrifically cheesy lines above aside, this is actually really awesome. Great RP potential, both silly and serious, and I think it actually provides some really cool features. Anyone who does not choose the Bro for their PrC is heartless. Or a wizard going Incantatrix. :smalltongue:

Seerow
2011-09-23, 01:29 PM
I am torn between thinking this is awesome, and thinking it killed off half my brain cells to make me think it's awesome.

I'll get back to you on that after getting some tests run on myself.

Sinfonian
2011-09-23, 01:35 PM
Interesting class.

It would be an good addition to a Bardblade build, since it would progress maneuvers as well as the bardic music (even better than Song of the White Raven, which only increases Inspire Courage and costs a feat).

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 01:45 PM
Interesting class.

It would be an good addition to a Bardblade build, since it would progress maneuvers as well as the bardic music (even better than Song of the White Raven, which only increases Inspire Courage and costs a feat).

Whoops, that was an accident. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it so you can only advance one of any of them.

SamBurke
2011-09-23, 01:50 PM
FINALLY! The perfect class for my cohort... I'll be using this.

Another slam dunk from you, Neo. You're the one.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 01:52 PM

Hey, cohorts make fantastic bros. Even better if he's constantly giving you flanking opportunities with Double Team and White Raven maneuvers.

Thanks for the props :smallbiggrin:

Seerow
2011-09-23, 01:53 PM

Don't forget that you have to take the class too, not just the cohort.

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-23, 02:09 PM
As this is a more powerful, sillier worded version of a class published back in 2001 by AEG, I can't really fault it. At all.

I"m going to assume that the similarities with the Buccaneer are coincidental [not that it matters as it was OGC anyway].

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 02:59 PM
As this is a more powerful, sillier worded version of a class published back in 2001 by AEG, I can't really fault it. At all.

I"m going to assume that the similarities with the Buccaneer are coincidental [not that it matters as it was OGC anyway].

They are coincidental, as I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edit: AEG...the Arms and Equipment Guide? I don't have any 3.0 material except for Champions of Ruin and Champions of Valor. (I've skimmed Savage Species before, just because everyone loves the Feral template so much)

So you're saying there was a class similar to this one, that two people took at the same time?

Edit 2: Oops, misread. You said published by AEG, so AEG is obviously a company, not the title of the book itself. Again, I have no 3.0 material and I certainly don't read 3rd party material.

SamBurke
2011-09-23, 03:39 PM
Don't forget that you have to take the class too, not just the cohort.

Indeed, but! Assuming you're a martial character, it'd be pretty good. Almost a must for Gestalting.

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-23, 03:43 PM
Alderac Entertainment Group were the company behind 7th Sea and the pereneal fan favourite game Legend of the Five Rings [L5R].

They released a conversion of 7th Sea in a book called Swashbuckling Adventures back in 2001, though it didn't make it to Britain until the summer of 2007, when i encountered it.

For me, it was the book that proved that the idea that WotC were better than the 3pp at anything but presentation was entirely wrong; most of the melee classes in the book were stronger than the older stuff and there were a whole plethora of options for everyone but spellcasters. The base classes tended to be naff, but that was easily rectified.

Anyway, your class is coincidentally, very similar to a class that's excellent for NPCs called the Buccaneer, from that book. If you get a chance, check it out as it's an interesting read.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 03:48 PM
snip

Huh. Interesting. Well I'm sure the fluff is different, at least :smallbiggrin:

It's an honest mistake, I've never heard of Legend of the 5 Rings or a buccaneer or anything like that. I just got into a discussion with some bros the other night and thought "Why can't my characters experience the same level of manly bonding?" So I set out to fix it. And here we are :smallcool:

Hanuman
2011-09-23, 04:33 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/090811.jpg

Morph Bark
2011-09-23, 04:59 PM
Whoops, that was an accident. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it so you can only advance one of any of them.

No matter. Me and my two best friends are already contemplating on making a Triple Team feat instead to make a kind of Three Brosketeer trio with a bard, a warblade and a marshal or dragon shaman.

Righteous.

Also, I remember there were two things earlier I thought needed slight tweaking/fixing, but I can't for the life of me find them now.

Also, remember Article Something Something of the Bro Code (not on hand right now to check the number): women may be considered bros if they have shown to follow enough rules of the Bro Code. Maybe make it so that the prerequisites require at least one of the two taking the class together be male? (With perhaps the addition the two may not be involved in any kind of romance ever.)

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-23, 09:55 PM
No matter. Me and my two best friends are already contemplating on making a Triple Team feat instead to make a kind of Three Brosketeer trio with a bard, a warblade and a marshal or dragon shaman.

Righteous.

Also, I remember there were two things earlier I thought needed slight tweaking/fixing, but I can't for the life of me find them now.

Also, remember Article Something Something of the Bro Code (not on hand right now to check the number): women may be considered bros if they have shown to follow enough rules of the Bro Code. Maybe make it so that the prerequisites require at least one of the two taking the class together be male? (With perhaps the addition the two may not be involved in any kind of romance ever.)

Even though that's part of How I Met Your Mother's bro code, this class isn't exclusively based on that premise. (And no matter how brotastic a woman is, she is incapable of performing a true bro-fist. Sorry ladies)

Debihuman
2011-09-24, 06:10 AM
Utterly Bro-tastic!

I have no problem with gender-specific prestige classes.

Debby

Cieyrin
2011-09-24, 08:48 AM
Neat. Slight guffah in that A Bro Must Say Yes, in that seducing is a function of Bluff, not Diplomacy. :smallwink:

Morph Bark
2011-09-24, 08:54 AM
Even though that's part of How I Met Your Mother's bro code, this class isn't exclusively based on that premise. (And no matter how brotastic a woman is, she is incapable of performing a true bro-fist. Sorry ladies)

Very well. Nonetheless I shall use A Bro Must Always Say Yes to have him help me seduce anything that can spawn half-humans. :smallwink:

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 11:59 AM
Neat. Slight guffah in that A Bro Must Say Yes, in that seducing is a function of Bluff, not Diplomacy. :smallwink:

Is it now? Well that makes sense. I'll fix it then.

Domriso
2011-09-24, 06:02 PM
So, can you chain bros? As in, if I have Fred, John, and Lou. Fred chooses John as his bro, John chooses Lou as his bro, and Lou chooses Fred as his bro. They all take levels in bro, making it so all three are bros to each other. Would they be able to bro each other, such as Fred using his bro powers with Lou, instead of Lou with Fred? It's kind of complicated, but it would be amazing.

P.S. Totally playing a bro character in a campaign I'm starting in... an hour and a half. It's awesome like that.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 07:05 PM
So, can you chain bros? As in, if I have Fred, John, and Lou. Fred chooses John as his bro, John chooses Lou as his bro, and Lou chooses Fred as his bro. They all take levels in bro, making it so all three are bros to each other. Would they be able to bro each other, such as Fred using his bro powers with Lou, instead of Lou with Fred? It's kind of complicated, but it would be amazing.

P.S. Totally playing a bro character in a campaign I'm starting in... an hour and a half. It's awesome like that.

No, you can't chain bros. It says "You take the class together". You two are each other's bros.

PS. Awesome! Let me know how it goes! What is your base class?

PPS. Good to see you commenting on my homebrew again, Domriso. Of all the guys on GitP, I think you and Kellus are the only two people I can honestly refer to as "Bro".

AtlanteanTroll
2011-09-24, 07:10 PM
Kamina and Simon popped into my head as soon as I read the title. I'm glad I wasn't mislead.

And why can't you chain bros? Together doesn't mean strictly two.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 07:29 PM
Kamina and Simon popped into my head as soon as I read the title. I'm glad I wasn't mislead.

And why can't you chain bros? Together doesn't mean strictly two.

I'm telling him the RAI. I don't know how to phrase it to make it RAW.

Domriso
2011-09-24, 08:19 PM
You used the term "the two of you" a few times, so I figured, but I still thought it would be fun.

It's a Pathfinder campaign, level 8. I'm a Fletchling Ninja 6/Bro 2. He's a Tengu Rogue 6/Bro 2. And we took three teamwork feats, those being: Paired Opponent, Broken Wing Gambit, and Outflank. We're truly nasty characters.

P.S. I'm the meat shield.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 09:14 PM
You used the term "the two of you" a few times, so I figured, but I still thought it would be fun.

It's a Pathfinder campaign, level 8. I'm a Fletchling Ninja 6/Bro 2. He's a Tengu Rogue 6/Bro 2. And we took three teamwork feats, those being: Paired Opponent, Broken Wing Gambit, and Outflank. We're truly nasty characters.

P.S. I'm the meat shield.

A ninja and a rogue who can share skill ranks? Wow. You bros can do anything between the two of you.

Edit: There's a problem with your conversion though. The Double Team feat has a prerequisites of BAB: +6. I chose it specifically to limit the entry of 3/4 BAB classes.

Edit 2: I updated the class to include all the prerequisites of the Double Team feat as class prerequisites so now entry for a 3/4 BAB class is 8 (It was before, but I guess some people didn't have Dragon Compendium)

John Cribati
2011-09-24, 09:27 PM
And no matter how brotastic a woman is, she is incapable of performing a true bro-fist. Sorry ladies

The only option is to create a Soul Sistahs PrC.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 09:27 PM
The only option is to create a Soul Sistahs PrC.

+1. This needs to be a thing.

Domriso
2011-09-24, 09:42 PM
...Huh. The conversion we saw didn't have the BAB requirements. It just had some skill requirements. We eventually took it out because we were playing Pathfinder and switched it to both players needing the same two Teamwork feats.

Still, to try and balance it, we're only taking our normal levels until class we have +6 BAB. So, since we just leveled up, we need one more level of Rogue/Ninja before we can start to take more Bro levels.

In any case, I like the Rogue/Ninja Bros. We're nasty. With the flanking bonus abilities and the two sneak attacks, it's just amazing. We completely obliterated the first enemy (CR 8, one round to kill). The second enemy we took out, but it took a chunk out of us (CR 10). It's just... wow. I can't wait to get higher. The class is fun. Even after our DM nerfed the Bro-Fist power, it was still impressive.

Also, yes, I loved this class. It was quite a bit of fun. I pretty much agree with the nerfs to the Bro-Fist (though it does make the ability much weaker). My only real problem is that my DMs answer to us killing his fun monster was to send a monster way overpowered for us and see us sweat. We got it eventually, but we had to argue with the DM and it would have probably killed us if it had rolled high on its damage, or hit me again (+16 to attack rolls, four attacks with full-round attacks, plus an extra bonus attack at +16, took us three rounds of attacks). I mean, to be fair, our combinations make us get weapon damage+3d6+1d10 damage per strike, and I'm an unarmed strike Ninja, so, we do kind of obliterate things...

Oh god, I love this. We need a Soul Sistah.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-24, 09:47 PM
...Huh. The conversion we saw didn't have the BAB requirements. It just had some skill requirements. We eventually took it out because we were playing Pathfinder and switched it to both players needing the same two Teamwork feats.

Still, to try and balance it, we're only taking our normal levels until class we have +6 BAB. So, since we just leveled up, we need one more level of Rogue/Ninja before we can start to take more Bro levels.

In any case, I like the Rogue/Ninja Bros. We're nasty. With the flanking bonus abilities and the two sneak attacks, it's just amazing. We completely obliterated the first enemy (CR 8, one round to kill). The second enemy we took out, but it took a chunk out of us (CR 10). It's just... wow. I can't wait to get higher. The class is fun. Even after our DM nerfed the Bro-Fist power, it was still impressive.

Also, yes, I loved this class. It was quite a bit of fun. I pretty much agree with the nerfs to the Bro-Fist (though it does make the ability much weaker). My only real problem is that my DMs answer to us killing his fun monster was to send a monster way overpowered for us and see us sweat. We got it eventually, but we had to argue with the DM and it would have probably killed us if it had rolled high on its damage, or hit me again (+16 to attack rolls, four attacks with full-round attacks, plus an extra bonus attack at +16, took us three rounds of attacks). I mean, to be fair, our combinations make us get weapon damage+3d6+1d10 damage per strike, and I'm an unarmed strike Ninja, so, we do kind of obliterate things...

Oh god, I love this. We need a Soul Sistah.

WHAT? Who dares not respect the might of the Bro-Fist?

If you agree with the nerfs then I'll listen to them though, possibly incorporating them into the class. What does his Bro-Fist look like?

Domriso
2011-09-24, 10:05 PM
Well, modeling it on the different Pathfinder-version abilities, like the Barbarian's Rage and such, the Bro-Fist abilities can only be active for a number of rounds equal to 4 + random modifiers. So, we made it equal to 4 + your Charisma score + 2 per Bro level you have per day. That I didn't mind so much.

What he nerfed that I didn't like was the bonus to attack rolls and fear was reduced to a flat +2. Further, the ability to take 10s on saves was reduced. Something was added, but after those nerfs I actually just ignored him. If it was just the duration decrease, I would have been cool.

...Actually, just talking to the DM now. He agrees that the nerfs seem a bit extreme. I think we're adding back in the other stuff, just making it have a certain number of rounds duration per day. It makes it not quite so insane, since as is, any creature with sneak attack or other precision damage become absolute monsters with their bro. Since they're almost always flanking, they're just absurd (a usual of 60 damage per round just from the bros, at 8th level).

KaelesFree
2011-10-10, 05:50 PM
Wow this class is absolutely sick! I love the flavor. A bit disappointed in the lack of a 'Come at me, Bro' type deal but whatever.

I love the pokes at the latent homosexuality of the bromance, but it absolutely has to be latent. Seconding the appeal to make requirements that the bros must never have been nor will be in a relationship beyond Bro-code.

Rixx
2011-10-10, 06:09 PM
My only suggestion is to change "proficiencies" to "broficiencies".

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-10, 06:52 PM
Wow this class is absolutely sick! I love the flavor. A bit disappointed in the lack of a 'Come at me, Bro' type deal but whatever.

I love the pokes at the latent homosexuality of the bromance, but it absolutely has to be latent. Seconding the appeal to make requirements that the bros must never have been nor will be in a relationship beyond Bro-code.

Alright, I'm updating those now

My only suggestion is to change "proficiencies" to "broficiencies". Done!

TravelLog
2011-10-10, 07:03 PM

If we're going this far, it might as well also be "Base Attack Bronus"

Rixx
2011-10-10, 07:53 PM
Excellent.

(If you go with "Base Attack Bronus", you should go the full 9 yards and incorporate "Saving Bros".)

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-10, 08:05 PM
Excellent.

(If you go with "Base Attack Bronus", you should go the full 9 yards and incorporate "Saving Bros".)

Doing both now!

Morph Bark
2011-10-11, 07:17 AM

This sounds like you could wield your bro as a weapon.

Doing both now!

Forgot it on Bro-Tactics.

By the way, if you are a Dualist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210101), could you take this class along with your Dualist buddy? If not, two Dualist bros with Dualist buddies therefore gaining Bro stuff too would be major madness. :smalltongue:

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-11, 12:04 PM
This sounds like you could wield your bro as a weapon.

Forgot it on Bro-Tactics.

By the way, if you are a Dualist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210101), could you take this class along with your Dualist buddy? If not, two Dualist bros with Dualist buddies therefore gaining Bro stuff too would be major madness. :smalltongue:

Thank you, fixed.

Dualist Bros! That would be brotacular! Sucks about the level 8 entry, though, but yeah, it's completely doable.

Blynkibrax
2011-10-14, 07:50 AM
Maybe some sort of magic, electrical attack is in order. You could call it 'Don't Tase Me, Bro!'

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-14, 11:11 AM
Maybe some sort of magic, electrical attack is in order. You could call it 'Don't Tase Me, Bro!'

Added that! As well as a Come at me Bro for those who called for it.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-10-14, 11:13 AM
Have I mentioned that I love this yet? No?

I'd better do that than, 'cause this is hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2011-10-14, 11:27 AM
By the way, if you are a Dualist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210101), could you take this class along with your Dualist buddy?

I just noticed this question of mine was not answered yet.

EDIT: Also, Dvati? :smallamused::smalltongue: (Just being silly, Dvati always count as a single being for these purposes.)

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-14, 11:51 AM
I just noticed this question of mine was not answered yet.

EDIT: Also, Dvati? :smallamused::smalltongue: (Just being silly, Dvati always count as a single being for these purposes.)

Dualist Bros! That would be brotacular! Sucks about the level 8 entry, though, but yeah, it's completely doable.

4 posts above this one. :smalltongue:

Analytica
2011-10-14, 12:15 PM
I now want a feat allowing you to subvert the 'no romantic involvement' clause to gain extra powers, perhaps temporary use of some sort of "slash kick" or "slash fist" attacks where you do slashing, DR-penetrating damage with natural weapons and add the charisma modifier of both bros to attack and damage rolls for as long as they remain in a physical and emotional state appropriate for "slash mode". You may have to atone afterwards by some means to exit "slash mode".

http://www.sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2010-06-19.gif

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-14, 12:45 PM
I now want a feat allowing you to subvert the 'no romantic involvement' clause to gain extra powers, perhaps temporary use of some sort of "slash kick" or "slash fist" attacks where you do slashing, DR-penetrating damage with natural weapons and add the charisma modifier of both bros to attack and damage rolls for as long as they remain in a physical and emotional state appropriate for "slash mode". You may have to atone afterwards by some means to exit "slash mode".

http://www.sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2010-06-19.gif

Sorry, but I don't think so. The integrity of the bro relationship must be upheld.

Morph Bark
2011-10-14, 01:19 PM
4 posts above this one. :smalltongue:

Alright. I thought that post merely referred to two PCs with Dualist levels, not a Dualist and his buddy. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, the very nature of being a bro is that there is no romantic involvement between two bros. If there is romantic involvement, they are not bros by definition. It's like how something cannot be purely black and purely white at the same time.

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-21, 04:12 PM
Alright. I thought that post merely referred to two PCs with Dualist levels, not a Dualist and his buddy. Thanks.

You're welcome

EDIT: Also, the very nature of being a bro is that there is no romantic involvement between two bros. If there is romantic involvement, they are not bros by definition. It's like how something cannot be purely black and purely white at the same time.

That's true! A bromance is a very gray area. The overtones are necessary, but if you push them too far, you're not bros anymore.