PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Bloodline] Child of Now (PEACH)

GunbladeKnight
2011-09-23, 02:17 AM
So my idea is to create a bloodline for each of my DM's 12 elements, unless I find one that I really like for the element. As it is, the twelve elements are: air, earth, fire, water, ice, electricity, life, death, light, darkness, spirit, and continuum. I have chosen to start with the last one, as I was curious as to how a time/spaced based bloodline would look. That said, here it is:

Child of Now

"You see time in only one dimension, forward. What if I told you there was infinite more?" - A Child of Now explaining his unique abilities.

{table=head] Level |
Minor |
Intermediate |
Major

1 | | | Jump +2
2 | | Jump +2 | Fast Movement
3 | | | Constitution +1
4 | Jump +2 | Fast Movement | Temporal Pool 2
5 | | | Temporal Affinity +2
6 | | Constitution +1 | Haste
7 | | | Swim +2
8 | Fast Movement | Temporal Pool 2 | Temporal Pool 6
9 | | | Wisdom +1
10 | | Temporal Affinity +2 | Hold Monster
11 | | | Temporal Affinity +4
12 | Constitution +1 | Haste | Temporal Pool 10
13 | | | Climb +2
14 | | Swim +2 | Leap of the Heavens
15 | | | Charisma +1
16 | Temporal Pool 2 | Temporal Pool 6 | Temporal Pool 14
17 | | | Temporal Affinity +6
18 | | Wisdom +1 | Time Stop
19 | | | Balance +2
20 | Temporal Affinity +2 | Hold Monster | Temporal Pool 18
[/table]

Fast Movement: A Child of Now gains a 10ft racial bonus to land speed. This stacks with all other forms of increased movement speeds, including the barbarian's class ability.

Temporal Pool: A Child of Now is able to cast spells from the Conjuration (summoning) or Conjuration (teleportation) schools as a wizard of ¼, ½, or 1X his level, based on bloodline strength. Saves are con based, and a Child of Now must have a con score of 10+ spell level/2 in order to cast a spell. Each spell cast this way uses 1 point of his Temporal Pool per spell level.

Temporal Affinity: Due to their nature, a Child of Now gains a bonus on all interaction checks with creatures able to use Conjuration spells and spell-like abilities, as well as Psychoportation powers and psi-like abilities.

Haste (sp): Due to his unique relationship with the time stream, a Child of Now can use Haste as a spell-like ability 3/day as a caster of ½ or 1X his hit die, based on bloodline strength.

Hold Monster (sp): Not only is he able to affect his own time, but a Child of Now can also affect the stream of others. 3/day, he can use Hold Monster as a spell-like ability as a caster of ½ or 1X his hit die, based on bloodline strength. Save DC for this affect is 10 + 1/2 hit die + Con modifier.

Leap of the Heavens: A child of now has obtained some ability of control over his location and movement. He gains Leap of the Heavens as a bonus feat.

Time Stop (sp): A Child of Now has gained mastery over time itself. He can use Time Stop as a spell-like ability as a caster of his hit die 1/day.

How can I improve on this (or tone it down if it's too powerful)?

Kobold-Bard
2011-09-23, 03:50 AM
I believe Welknair reduced his demi-god based bloodline from 9th to 5th level spells max for the major bloodline because they were too powerful (even when limited to 2 subschools I'd say) an ability for something like a bloodline.

That's the immediate thing that jumped out at me when I read it, I might give it a more thorough going over after work.

Welknair
2011-09-23, 08:48 AM
I believe Welknair reduced his demi-god based bloodline from 9th to 5th level spells max for the major bloodline because they were too powerful (even when limited to 2 subschools I'd say) an ability for something like a bloodline.

That's the immediate thing that jumped out at me when I read it, I might give it a more thorough going over after work.

Thought the same thing. In general Bloodlines that mimic class abilities (including spells) only gain access to about the first half of the progression (Akodrin only gets the first half of features, spellcasting Bloodlines only go up to 5th level spells). 9th level spells are quite powerful. And by keeping the CL as you have it, the lower level spells are still useful.

And again, as Kobold-Bard said, I'll need to give it a more thorough read-over for more suggestions.

And congratulations on your first bloodline, on the whole, it looks good. :smallsmile:

GunbladeKnight
2011-09-25, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback, and will edit that. Is it too powerful that they get teleport since it's a 5th level Conjuration(teleportation) spell?