PDA

View Full Version : Couple Easy Poison Questions

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 04:41 AM
Just a few quick easy ones.

1. Can poison be applied to a monk's unarmed strike?
2. Can a bludgeon type weapon administer am injury type poison.
3. Can poison's be used through natural weapons, or does that cause it to effect the user as well.
3.5. Can poison's be used in combination with the natural attacks granted to a totemist via souldmelds? As in with Girallon Arms, could you on a full attack, hit someone with 4 different poison uses?

NNescio
2011-09-23, 04:52 AM
Just a few quick easy ones.

1. Can poison be applied to a monk's unarmed strike?
2. Can a bludgeon type weapon administer am injury type poison.
3. Can poison's be used through natural weapons, or does that cause it to effect the user as well.
3.5. Can poison's be used in combination with the natural attacks granted to a totemist via souldmelds? As in with Girallon Arms, could you on a full attack, hit someone with 4 different poison uses?

1. Yes. Not that it would be a good idea to, unless you are poison-immune (even if it's not a contact poison).

2. If you deal damage, yes. It counts as a wound.

3. You can use it. You will be affected by the poison though, especially if it's contact. (the other types would be subject to DM adjudication)

3.5. I'm... not familiar with Incarnum, but I say yes, if you can apply the poison.

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 05:08 AM
Well I thank you for your answers. Guess I'll wait for someone who knows Incarnum to answer the last one. I'm wondering if you'd take the poison as well..

Also would Poison Use, which stops the chance of poisoning yourself, stop the poison from affecting you if you applied to your natural weapons?

Amphetryon
2011-09-23, 07:24 AM
Well I thank you for your answers. Guess I'll wait for someone who knows Incarnum to answer the last one. I'm wondering if you'd take the poison as well..

Also would Poison Use, which stops the chance of poisoning yourself, stop the poison from affecting you if you applied to your natural weapons?

Applying contact poison to your natural weapons would subject you to the poison, as well, regardless of whether you have Poison Use, due to the nature of the poison. Applying an injury poison to them should not cause you to be subjected to the poison, barring house rules on injury location/critical fumbles.

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 08:13 AM
So as long as you stick to injury poisons, your fine with natural attacks and the like.

stack
2011-09-23, 09:26 AM
In pathfinder there is a feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/adder-strike-combat)that allows for this specifically (as a swift action), but I don't know for 3.5. Still requires gloves or some other form of protection from contact poisons to use.

Vangor
2011-09-23, 09:37 AM

As far as I know, poisons do not stack. However, an enemy would need to save against all different uses to avoid primary ability damage. Only the last application would cause secondary ability damage, though, similar to reapplying a spell.

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 10:01 AM
Couldn't you simply use 4 different poisons?

Ernir
2011-09-23, 10:03 AM
The natural attacks granted by soulmelds are just natural attacks, you should be able to apply poison to them like any other natural weapon.

As far as I know, poisons do not stack.

Why not, you say? Damage generally stacks (otherwise, killing someone would be difficult), and the stacking rules regarding spells do not apply.