PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rogue (Bandit Archetype)

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-09-23, 08:17 AM
Has anyone had any experience with this archetype? I was looking at it, interesting in creating such a brigand like character. I was going for Half Elf, trading in the Skill Focus for proficiency in a scimitar.

As far as feats I had:
1 Improved Initiative
3 Dervish Dance
5 Quick Draw
7 Telling Blow
9 ?

Rogue Talents:
2 Finesse
4 Fast Stealth
6 Favored Terrain
8 Surprise Attack
10 Hide in PLain Sight

My idea was to use the Fearsome Blow ability of the Bandit Archetype in conjuction with the 3.5 feat, Telling Blow. (Fearsome BLow frightens the target for a number of rounds equal to your CHA mod, CHA mod times per daywhen you critical AND deal Sneak Attack damage.) Once the target is frightened and flees, I would Quick Draw and throw darts (reflavored as throwing daggers) into their back. If I remember correctly, when running the runner loses their DEX bonus, allowing for Sneak Attack damage.

Anyone know where to go with this character after this, or a better route I could take if Im wrong about the runner losing DEX thing? Telling Blow still seems the best feat for this archetype, especially with Dervish Dance and a scimitar.

Thanks in advance all!

Cieyrin
2011-09-23, 10:28 AM
Seems alright, though the only problem I see so far is that Frightened creatures don't necessarily use the Run action, they escape by the best means possible, like Withdrawing, Dimension Door, etc. If they were Panicked, then they'd definitely Run.

jguy
2011-09-23, 12:03 PM
They might use the Withdraw action first to get away from you without an attack of opportunity, but since I doubt they know you will be throwing stuff at their back, they would probably use the Run action right after to get as far away as possible. They might get out of your range though.

Curious
2011-09-23, 12:36 PM
Called Shots might work well for this build. Hit the enemies in their legs, cripple them, and then move in for a coup-de-grace.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-09-23, 11:41 PM
mm, called shots, grand idea....

Im thinking I ought to take Critical Focus as my level 9 feat, just to ensure that Dervish Dance scimitar and Sneak attack damage. I'm not a huge fan of crit fishing though.

I was also going to max out UMD, (since i need a decent CHA to get the most out of the Bandit ACFs) get wands of Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Vanish, Cure Light Wounds, True Strike and more when the money presents itself. (maybe Blur, Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, and Darkvision?)

Can I use Dervish Dance with a wand in my hand, since it is neither a weapon or a shield? a wand bracer full of wands and the ability to draw them as a swift action would be a most welcome addition to this character.

Thanks for the replies!