PDA

View Full Version : 5th level totemist

stack
2011-09-23, 09:14 AM
I am working-up a 5th level totemist (natural attack brute style) and am looking for clarifications.

Can I use either of a skarns spine attacks as part of a full attack action in combination with girallion arms? A warforged slam attack? I assume that you can only use one attack per limb, but am not entirely clear.

If not, what would be the best soulmeld to use to take advantage of the spines? Or should I drop skarn altogether?

Bloodgruve
2011-09-23, 10:07 AM
I am not sure on the Slam/Spine + 4 Claws attacks My guess is no on the spines and yes on the Slam, I don't know if I am basing my guess on something that I've seen or not.

Warforged can take a feat Jaws of Death to add a bite attack.

IIRC There is also a way for Kobolds to get a bite and tail attack which could take you to 6 attacks.

Essentia is pretty important so I'd suggest azurian(sp?) for a race.

GL
Blood~

Z3ro
2011-09-23, 10:15 AM
Warforged make excellent totemists, maybe the best. You can definetely combine slam and claw attacks, as well as a bite attack from jaws of death. I'm not sure about spine attacks, just because of the strange wording about TWF in the race's ability; ask your DM about that one.

mrcarter11
2011-09-23, 10:28 AM
Personally I go Aza when I play a totemist. You miss out on the free attacks, but you gain essentia and a feat to set up other stuff. I think it works out, but that's up to you.

Greenish
2011-09-23, 12:52 PM
I'm running a warforged totemist, and the DM ruled I can claw and slam. Whether the rules support this is hard to say, since the rules for natural attacks are poorly written (or occasionally, unwritten). The default position is "ask your DM".

Also, whoever wrote Skarn's spikes had no bloody clue on how natural attacks work.

candycorn
2011-09-23, 02:49 PM
Another good race for Totemist is Darfellan (Stormwrack). They come with a built in Bite attack, and get a racial bonus to strength. Add in Dragonborn, and you have a solid chassis for the class.

Darrin
2011-09-23, 03:24 PM
Another good race for Totemist is Darfellan (Stormwrack). They come with a built in Bite attack, and get a racial bonus to strength. Add in Dragonborn, and you have a solid chassis for the class.

Be careful with adding Dragonborn... by RAW, it removes most of your racial abilities, which I believe includes natural weapons. So a Dragonborn Darfellan would lost its bite attack.