PDA

View Full Version : Ranged touching cleric, does it work?

Barttjuh
2011-09-23, 04:18 PM
Hi peepz,
I am making an evil cleric in which I want to utilize the inflict wound spells.
We start at level 6 and I will play Hummy (1 extra feat).

Mine stats are
str 8
Dex 12
COn 16
int 11
wis 18+2=20 (magic item)
cha 14

The domain I am planning is Undead, which gives the extra turning feat (9 turns a day). The second dont know yet, maybe time.

I will have 4 feat at level 6, which will be;
- Reach Spell
- Easy Metamagic
- Zen Archery
- Divine Metamgic

The items;
- Ring of wisdom +2
- +1 fullplate
- +1 Heavy steel shield
- bracers of archery, lesser

I will prepare mostly cure spells, cuz i will be the party healer.
So I can shoot mine cure and inflic spells with ranged touch spells at +10, 9 times a day.

What do you people think and got ideas?

Unseenmal
2011-09-23, 04:34 PM
You don't need to prepare the healing spells. You can prepare anything and if needed, you can spontaneously cast a healing spell by giving up a spell of equal level. That will make you much more effective.

RndmNumGen
2011-09-23, 04:39 PM
You don't need to prepare the healing spells. You can prepare anything and if needed, you can spontaneously cast a healing spell by giving up a spell of equal level. That will make you much more effective.

Problem with that:

Hi peepz,
I am making an evil cleric

Anyway, the build won't be optimized by any means but it does sound like it could be fun to play. I would look at branching out into other touch spells you will be able to apply from range(particularly debuffs).

EDIT: Also, if you can change your stats, I would switch out Dex and Con; You want to boost your to-hit chance with touch attacks and the higher AC and initiative won't hurt - likewise, you won't be in melee as much and extra HP, while nice, aren't as good as avoiding damage.

Barttjuh
2011-09-24, 02:58 AM
I took zen archery so I can add mine Wisdom on my attack in stead of mine dex.

Its not really an optimized build, but I think it could be fun shooting healing spells and inflict wound spells. Off course it would never top on a Arcanist but i can heal :D