PDA

View Full Version : Ferocity and other things

Doughnut Master
2011-09-23, 05:48 PM
So, I'm looking to play with the Other Killer Gnome, and I've run across a couple questions.

Does the Ferocity Barbarian from CS stack with the Dervish Dance? It's not a Rage or Frenzy technically, and it seems to fit thematically.

Also, would using Ferocity prohibit the use of Insightful Strike from the Swashbuckler? I ask because IS is Int based and Ferocity seems to shut down Int-based skills. I was curious if this applied to things besides class skills.

The final build I'm looking for is:
Monk 2/Fighter 2/Barbarian 2/Blade Bravo 9/Swashbuckler 3/Dervish 2 (Yes, it's a lot of dips).

Starbuck_II
2011-09-23, 06:02 PM
So, I'm looking to play with the Other Killer Gnome, and I've run across a couple questions.

Does the Ferocity Barbarian from CS stack with the Dervish Dance? It's not a Rage or Frenzy technically, and it seems to fit thematically.

Also, would using Ferocity prohibit the use of Insightful Strike from the Swashbuckler? I ask because IS is Int based and Ferocity seems to shut down Int-based skills. I was curious if this applied to things besides class skills.

The final build I'm looking for is:
Monk 2/Fighter 2/Barbarian 2/Blade Bravo 9/Swashbuckler 3/Dervish 2 (Yes, it's a lot of dips).

Only Int based skills, no class features are disqualified in a normal Rage.

SRD:
While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function.

Doughnut Master
2011-09-23, 06:36 PM
Cool. Well that answers one question. Thanks :)

Also, in thinking about this, I found another question, which may likely spawn long debate. Can clothes be magically enhanced with armor properties? For instance, having a +1 Adventuring Outfit of Mindarmor? And would this interfere with the Monk bonuses?

My interpretation leads me to believe that it wouldn't, as the limitations on armor are based in the same realm as ASF. Basically, if the clothes are too bulky, the monk can't properly move. Having the clothing be magical wouldn't seem to change that. But I don't know if there are other factors I ought to be considering.

Thoughts?

Urpriest
2011-09-23, 06:38 PM
Arms&Equipment Guide let you put armor properties on Bracers of Armor. As far as I know this was never ported to 3.5, but it's how I would do it.