PDA

View Full Version : Cube build

Draculmaulkee
2011-09-23, 09:01 PM
I've seen several references to a character build by Sofawall called "the cube". Does anybody have any specific information regarding his build? Classes, Feats, combos, etc?
Thanks

grarrrg
2011-09-23, 09:09 PM
...a character build by Sofawall called "the cube"...

The character is not the cube.
The cube is inside us all.

But really, the character 'makes' and 'drives' the cube.

shadow_archmagi
2011-09-23, 09:12 PM
I've seen several references to a character build by Sofawall called "the cube". Does anybody have any specific information regarding his build? Classes, Feats, combos, etc?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's completely invincible, and Sofawall keeps the details a carefully guarded secret.

Amphetryon
2011-09-23, 09:34 PM
Thanks
In short, it's WBL-omancy at its finest. The Cube is a vehicle. If memory serves, the original driver of The Cube was a commoner.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-23, 10:11 PM
Yes the original cube was made by a commoner who took the feat "Landlord" from stronghold builder's guide.

Aharon
2011-09-24, 11:39 AM
The second keystone beside the landlord feat is the spell clock (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070312a).

RAW (though certainly not RAI), you can set them to trigger, for example, once per second, so you get 6 Greater Dispel Magics on your opponent in your round.

(Actually, you could set the interval as small as you want, i.e. 1 yoctosecond would net you 6 septillion Dispel Magics per round)

Add another spell clock to your vehicle that casts 6 Prismatic spheres per round, use stuff from the Stronghold builders guide to make your stronghold able to move, preferable also between dimensions and via teleport, add whatever your WBL still allows, and you're golden.

Spartacus
2011-09-24, 03:55 PM
It actually used the Prismatic Screens from the SBG, if I recall correctly. I seem to also recall Obdurium, Walls of Force and being filled with dirt as other key components.
\
EDIT: The spell clock also used Dispelling Screens, according to Doc Roc. I understand he helped craft it.

EDIT2: aethernox, I think, found a way to beat the most advanced version of it I ever saw. I don't know if sofawall ever fixed it to beat that.

Aharon
2011-09-24, 05:39 PM
@Spartacus
Yep, got a better memory than me ;)

Coidzor
2011-09-24, 06:12 PM
I think there were two released and one unreleased version.

Much like Cindy.

The Glyphstone
2011-09-24, 06:16 PM
The point of the unreleased version (of either) always escaped me. Sorta the 'Canadian Girlfriend' of optimizing builds, in a way - if the only way to make sure it remains undefeated is to never show it to anyone or test it, why bother?

Claudius Maximus
2011-09-24, 07:12 PM
I think it was a big secret mostly because it was made for the Test of Spite, which was a competition. Thus, some trade secrets were allowed as long as the GMs were able to verify that everything was legit.

Unfortunately, I was not the GM who handled the Cube build and its battles, so I don't have any insights on it. I believe that was all done by Doc Roc.

If sofawall wants to share the details ever, I can probably get them from him. I'll post them up if so.