PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian with natural attack? <ignore>

hisnamehere
2011-09-24, 06:54 PM
Anyone know of any Barbarian ACF that grants a natural attack?

(I've got a Barbarian that is going into the Fist of the Forest PrC, but don't want to use weapons until I get that PrC's unarmed attack dmg. Doing non-lethal dmg until then is going to get me killed, but I don't want to use weapons).

Help?

Edit: I'm an idiot who's never taken Imp Unarmed Strike before. Does lethal dmg already. Blah.

Keld Denar
2011-09-24, 07:26 PM
Most of the time, natural weapons are given by race. Races with bites, claws, rams, and slams are popular. Sometimes you can get them from feats, such as Deepspawn. Other times you do indeed get them from PrCs, but most of those tend to be a bit higher level. FotF is the lowest level PrC I can think of that gives a natural attack, the bite, and thats not until ECL5 minimum.

Till then, you'll just have to live with piddly 1d3 damage punches.

Do note that it is most common to combine UASs and natural weapons. Generally speaking, UASs don't interfere with your natural attacks like holding a sword or dagger would. Thus, you can make your full compliment of iterative attacks with your UAS, and then make your full compliment of natural attacks granted by feats, PrCs, or your base race.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-24, 07:29 PM
Could go bear warrior then warshaper. It's pretty sweet. Also, there is a variant on druid that let's you rage. With wild shape (and variants of that) you can get natural attacks.

hisnamehere
2011-09-25, 07:03 AM
Thanks guys.

But my primary concerns was that I THOUGHT I was still doing non-lethal dmg with my unarmed strikes. An actual perusal of the IUS feat revealed that in addition to avoiding the AoO for attacking unarmed, you unarmed strikes deal lethal dmg.
I can live without a dmg increase until FotF, but I couldn't live with dealing only non-lethal dmg until 5th lvl.

Thanks for the help, tho!

Talya
2011-09-25, 07:18 AM
If you're going this route, you probably want the city brawler ACF for the barbarian.