PDA

View Full Version : Ghostwalk

Zaq
2011-09-24, 07:50 PM
So, the topic of Ghostwalk came up in another thread, and it started me thinking about it. I realized that I've never actually seen it used in an real game, even in mishmash games that have Eberron, FR, and OA (somewhat setting-specific) material all on the same character (no joke). It's an interesting read (definitely quite different from standard 3.5, and with a few balance issues in both directions, but hey, that's D&D for you), but to me it seems like it would be pretty tricky to incorporate the main ghost mechanics into a typical game of D&D without making it a full-on Ghostwalk campaign. That said, I have zero experience with it, and my initial opinions aren't always correct, so I thought I'd open the discussion.

So, what are your thoughts? Have you ever used Ghostwalk, either just mixing a little bit into a normal campaign (say, one character is a ghost, but most of the action takes place on the Material, never really going to Manifest) or using it as a full campaign setting? How do you think it affects the game to let it in? If someone in your group suggested playing a character with a few levels in Eidolon, for example, what would you say to them, if they were asking for your thoughts on the matter?

I should mention that I'm really talking about the core ghost rules, not just cherry-picking items and spells and whatnot. So, what do you think?