PDA

View Full Version : Looking for skill tricks

JackRackham
2011-09-25, 09:47 PM
Complete Scoundrel is obvious, but I could swear I saw some in other books? Anyone know where? I can't find them now to save my life.

Fenryr
2011-09-25, 09:49 PM
I did a quick Google. I only found that Dragon #357 has some tricks. Remember the tricks?

Ernir
2011-09-25, 09:52 PM
Google says there are a few more in Dragon Magazine 357.

Our Realms of Chaos has homebrewed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171328) quite a few, if your group is up for such thing.

sreservoir
2011-09-25, 10:06 PM
critical observation, heal instead of attack roll to confirm a critical; distracting taunt, bluff vs. concentration to disrupt a spell, which possibly makes a decent "counterspeller" out of a beguiler/magical trickster who can "recharge" the skill trick by expending one of plentiful spell slots, and can use glibness to almost guarantee success; ecstatic fervor reduces the concentration check when taking damage; insightful improvisation allows perform instead of gather information 1/day; rhetorical flourish reduces the penalty for full-round diplomancy to -5.

distracting taunt actually seems incredible, especially if combined with magical trickster to let you use it much more frequently. beguiler should do quite well at it with glibness; sorcerer should be capable, with bluff as a class skill and being charisma-based; bard could, but is a bit short on spell slots; wizard could use mnemonic enhancer to get more spells, and maybe some repeated or twinned or both, though they don't get much else in favor of them.

JackRackham
2011-09-25, 10:10 PM
critical observation, heal instead of attack roll to confirm a critical; distracting taunt, bluff vs. concentration to disrupt a spell, which possibly makes a decent "counterspeller" out of a beguiler/magical trickster who can "recharge" the skill trick by expending one of plentiful spell slots, and can use glibness to almost guarantee success; ecstatic fervor reduces the concentration check when taking damage; insightful improvisation allows perform instead of gather information 1/day; rhetorical flourish reduces the penalty for full-round diplomancy to -5.

distracting taunt actually seems incredible, especially if combined with magical trickster to let you use it much more frequently. beguiler should do quite well at it with glibness; sorcerer should be capable, with bluff as a class skill and being charisma-based; bard could, but is a bit short on spell slots; wizard could use mnemonic enhancer to get more spells, and maybe some repeated or twinned or both, though they don't get much else in favor of them.
Yeah...I'm disappointed. I thought they were in some other books. The ones in Dragon, don't feel right to me (Critical Observation's not bad). They feel like not-very-good homebrew. Thanks for the help though guys.

Douglas
2011-09-25, 10:12 PM
The Glibness bonus only applies to verbal lying, which I rather doubt this skill trick qualifies as.

Weezer
2011-09-25, 10:14 PM
Yeah...I'm disappointed. I thought they were in some other books. The ones in Dragon, don't feel right to me (Critical Observation's not bad). They feel like not-very-good homebrew. Thanks for the help though guys.

Well it is Dragon after all, that's about as good as you can hope for.