PDA

View Full Version : How to get songs from an Ipod touch onto a computer.

Mystic Muse
2011-09-26, 12:21 AM
Is there any way to do this? My OS recently got corrupted, and all my music on the computer got deleted. I have it all on my Ipod, which I thought would be enough, but it turns out it wasn't.

Sadly, I have some things that I'd really like to sync onto my Ipod, but that would delete about 75% of my music, which would be a pain to get back.

Is there any way to get songs already present on an Ipod touch onto my computer, or am I going to have to replace the music?

Fera Tian
2011-09-26, 01:35 AM
There is a manual way that you can do by showing hidden files and such but takes a long time. You can download third party programs too.

Phishfood
2011-09-26, 01:48 AM
I've used Senuti before to get music off an iphone, should work for an ipod too.

It comes with a 30 day trial which is more than enough for recovering once.

Aiani
2011-09-26, 04:38 AM
You might try contacting Apple's customer service and explain the issue. I had to do this recently and they helped me restore my music to my computer. All I had to do was send an email so it might be worth a try.

Xuc Xac
2011-09-26, 08:17 AM
I've done that twice. The first time was a year ago when I had to replace my hard drive and reinstall iTunes. I was using Windows XP at that time, so I had to install everything and then I used a program I downloaded to transfer the files from my iPod to my hard drive. I didn't want to pay for the full version of the program so I had to spend a whole day sitting in front of the computer and transferring 10 songs at a time. It was quite annoying.

I switched to Ubuntu for my new laptop and it's much easier. Just plug in the iPod and click "yes" when a window pops up asking if you want to open the Banshee music player. There's the iPod on the left, under "devices". Click on it and select "import to library". All the songs get copied over.

Banshee (and many other media players for Linux OSs like Ubuntu) can also sync the iPod so you don't need to deal with iTunes ever again. If you insist on using Windows, I suggest getting Music Bee (http://getmusicbee.com) for most of the same functionality. It's free and it's really an excellent music player (and it'll sync your iPod so you can be free of iTunes' tyranny).

Lolzords
2011-09-26, 10:37 AM
www.getsharepod.com

Just download that, it's completely free and very easy to use, just plug in your ipod and you're ready to go. :smallsmile:

Jared Sam
2014-10-22, 10:44 PM
You can't transfer iPod music to computer directly. Because the music files is designed from computer to iPod one-way. Now all you need is an appropriate iPod Transfer.
You can check this guide: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer (http://iphone-ipad-ipod-music-transfer.blogspot.com/2013/10/transfer-music-from-ipod-to-computer.html). Hope this detailed guide can provide enough information you need.

Jaycemonde
2014-10-22, 10:48 PM
You can't transfer iPod music to computer directly. Because the music files is designed from computer to iPod one-way. Now all you need is an appropriate iPod Transfer.
You can check this guide: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer (http://iphone-ipad-ipod-music-transfer.blogspot.com/2013/10/transfer-music-from-ipod-to-computer.html). Hope this detailed guide can provide enough information you need.

Or Mystic could look at all the other services suggested that quite clearly show that you can transfer files onto the computer. Also wow, this thread is old.